{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:30 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:56 pm

my detailed report now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:32 pm

I don't remember Pearce doing much wrong, perhaps just one small mistake. Preston and Bishop weren't bad either. Our creative players were the most disappointing, for the second game in a row. It's hard to criticise the strikers too much as they hardly had a sniff of a chance - earlier in the season the problem was too many chances not converted. Now, despite so much extra talent going forward we seem to have forgotten how to create anything.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:14 am

very hard to give any player a rating of above 5 after that I would have thought. Quite a few 3's in there I would say.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:10 am

Pretty sure it was Preston who made the last ditch tackle on 92.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:11 am

The outfield loanees - the so-called flair players - simply didn’t contribute, two of them in their “own back yard”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:19 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Pretty sure it was Preston who made the last ditch tackle on 92.

thanks, it was. I had Preston in my notes and somehow typed Pearce.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 am

Bradders wrote:I don't remember Pearce doing much wrong, perhaps just one small mistake. Preston and Bishop weren't bad either. Our creative players were the most disappointing, for the second game in a row. It's hard to criticise the strikers too much as they hardly had a sniff of a chance - earlier in the season the problem was too many chances not converted. Now, despite so much extra talent going forward we seem to have forgotten how to create anything.

I agree Bradders. I had Pearce, Preston and Bishop as our three best outfield players. Preston's distribution was awful but he made two or three really good blocks and tackles. There was also a one on one in the area in the 2nd half where he did really well.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:48 am

At half time I hoped for a Colchester or Macclesfield second half and we got another Newport performance.

A worrying trend for me as I thought we’ve had maybe 4 poor performances in the past 6 games but managed to get ourselves out of trouble in all but the last 2.

Plenty to do on the training ground ahead of Saturday.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:55 am

I wonder if Grant's mind set wasn't right if he didn't contribute much? He was a hero at Meadow Lane last season, then there was the bust up between Forest and Notts, now he was having to play agaist them.

Let's all hope for better things next Saturday .
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:56 am

Pearce , Bishop , Preston where the only 3 kits that needed washing after that debacle ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 am

You'd have to say that the unfit Turner apart the defence played resonably well. As poor as we were yesterday County barely had any attempts on target in the game, with considering the way they walked through our midfield almost at eill took some doing.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:13 am

my player ratings now on
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby stagone1959 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Well done on giving Grant and Mellis 4's,they are both luxury players who are Ok when you are 2 0 up at home,I would never pick them in the same side,it leaves Bishop having to cover for their laziness.
If ratings went down to 0 Grant would have scored it,Mellis may have got a 1 mainly due to first 10 mins of second half when he appeared to show some reaction to being kicked up the backside at HT.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:01 pm

Absolutely spot on Martin in your report and ratings. Those players deserved that '4'.

We got bullied and ran ragged in midfield and ours didn't turn up and that's where the game was lost.

Poor (sic) performance from us overall

(an understatement)
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby daddycool » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:07 am

I thought Mason has given handball from Mackell Smith .when he stopped play, but it was one off many strange ones from him ,
To say they had 4 players well in there thirties it didn’t show ,saying that it was more us playing terrible than them being great .
With county signing Doyle it could keep them up.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:23 am

You are only as good as the other side let you.

Generally over the season our performance quality doesn't differ much, it is the quality of the opposition that factors if we play well or not.

On Saturday they didn't let us play.

All credit to them.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:52 am

Someone suggested to me that Flitcrofts comments about protection of referees had more or less been a warning to players that they were likely to get kicked off the field, particularly Grant. Gave them an excuse before kick off.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:21 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Someone suggested to me that Flitcrofts comments about protection of referees had more or less been a warning to players that they were likely to get kicked off the field, particularly Grant. Gave them an excuse before kick off.
Yes, let’s blame Flitcroft. Unbelievable!
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:24 am

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Someone suggested to me that Flitcrofts comments about protection of referees had more or less been a warning to players that they were likely to get kicked off the field, particularly Grant. Gave them an excuse before kick off.
Yes, let’s blame Flitcroft. Unbelievable!

:roll:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:10 pm

oldweststander wrote:I wonder if Grant's mind set wasn't right if he didn't contribute much? He was a hero at Meadow Lane last season, then there was the bust up between Forest and Notts, now he was having to play agaist them.

Let's all hope for better things next Saturday .

He shouldn't have played then.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Just came to me randomly but I thought it was very strange he brought on a clearly not ready Macca instead of Tomlinson who did OK at Newport I thought?k
Conker
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum