{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Embarrassing

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Embarrassing

Postby lancer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:27 pm

That was the most inept, lack lustre game of so called football I have seen in years.
There wasn’t one single player who deserves any credit.
Local derby 2nd v bottom and not One single shot on goal. Hamilton needs to be dropped as since his name has been linked to play at higher level, he has been utter garbage, we obviously needed a target man in the January transfer window but opted for another small forward.
Our recent performances are a worry.
lancer
First Team
First Team

Re: Embarrassing

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:30 pm

hang your head every single one
you let us down today
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:37 pm

I'd love to see the stats on his many touches certain players had. Sure Ajose only had 2 touches.
Last edited by HitchcocksShins on Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:45 pm

three, he picked the ball up to give it their player for a throw in
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:46 pm

5o years of support and tat is the most embarrassing game I have had the misfortune to attend. Took 3 new supporters and had to apolgise at the end for what they were seeing. Sicke.ned.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby PRL13 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Dear!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:49 pm

You just knew that this would be the game we lose to Notts. Most of the time they’re in a higher position and we win. The one time we are well above them this happens. Well played Notts County, you thoroughly deserved the win, but we must now show some spirit and desire. The next few games are crucial. Luckily nobody at the top seems to want to pull away and take it by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully this is our second blip over and we go on a run. COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:54 pm

Thoroughly deserved to win! They were marginally less shocking than we were.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:56 pm

bigalstag wrote:Thoroughly deserved to win! They were marginally less shocking than we were.

No shots, out fought......so yes I think they did!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:13 pm

They took the sting out of us by diving every time we got near to them and the ref bought it very time.

It just eroded what little spirit we had and all we could do was hoof it. Unfortunately as often as not we hoofed it in the wrong direction and kept the pressure on ourselves.

Worst performance I have seen for a very long time and I would be worried if we didn't have enough points to stay up already.

It was at this point of the season that we imploded last year and I really hope we don't do it again.

I can't Eden give them a single point for effort as there was none.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:14 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:They took the sting out of us by diving every time we got near to them and the ref bought it very time.

It just eroded what little spirit we had and all we could do was hoof it. Unfortunately as often as not we hoofed it in the wrong direction and kept the pressure on ourselves.

Worst performance I have seen for a very long time and I would be worried if we didn't have enough points to stay up already.

It was at this point of the season that we imploded last year and I really hope we don't do it again.

I can't even give them a single point for effort as there was none.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:46 pm

As soon as we end up going long we might we well pack up and go home. We've got the most toothless frontline in the league when it comes to getting stuck in or competing for headers.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Although Rose hasn't been scoring I think this game would of suited him and us today . Losing him and White may have a big impact on rest of our season
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:22 pm

tmwilson wrote:Although Rose hasn't been scoring I think this game would of suited him and us today . Losing him and White may have a big impact on rest of our season

I said the same, we needed Rose to hold the ball up top and win us some free kicks. He would've had a field day today with how county lot fell over.

I also think we're missing white a lot. Jones needs to be much better next week
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:27 pm

I feel that I’ve wanted a day watching that rubbish
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Why bring Macca on today? Hasn't kicked a ball for months and throw him into that. Terrible decision, as was taking Benning off who along with Pearce and maybe one or two others who turned up.

But the blame has to lie with the players today. Grant, Walker, CJ, Ajose all hid today. Hiding in front of a big crowd. Bishop didn't hide but he was scared to death to take a touch. Mellis was the only one who tried to do something but he mostly gave the ball away, at least he was trying to make things happen.

Pathetic.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Best Stags player today:

Danny Rose
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Cannot remember not applauding off our team but did not bother today. Counteh simply wanted it more, faster to every ball than us. After taking the lead they wound the clock down at every opportunity and the clueless referee fell for their play acting every time.

We offered nothing. Mellis is a good player when things are going well, but disappears when the going gets tough.

In any game we expect a little effort. To play as bad as that in a local derby is inexcusable.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:01 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Best Stags player today:

Danny Rose

I suppose he had to be one time as he hasn't been all season. I'd have given it to Rodney Fern.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:09 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Why bring Macca on today? Hasn't kicked a ball for months and throw him into that. Terrible decision, as was taking Benning off who along with Pearce and maybe one or two others who turned up.

But the blame has to lie with the players today. Grant, Walker, CJ, Ajose all hid today. Hiding in front of a big crowd. Bishop didn't hide but he was scared to death to take a touch. Mellis was the only one who tried to do something but he mostly gave the ball away, at least he was trying to make things happen.

Pathetic.

It smacked of desperation bringing Macca on today, with only 45 minutes in the reserves under his belt. Particularly when we brought Tomlinson on last week, he was obviously just looking for a spark out of nowhere. As you say though, the rest of the forwards lads weren’t contributing.

Wouldn’t have taken Mellis off, at least he was actually trying to pass it.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:33 pm

raspberries happens ,just get over it ,nutts love it we hate it onwards and upwards
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:34 pm

It worries me when they can’t perform at a local derby. An absolute disgrace.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:38 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Why bring Macca on today? Hasn't kicked a ball for months and throw him into that. Terrible decision, as was taking Benning off who along with Pearce and maybe one or two others who turned up.

Pathetic.

It smacked of desperation bringing Macca on today, with only 45 minutes in the reserves under his belt. Particularly when we brought Tomlinson on last week, he was obviously just looking for a spark out of nowhere. As you say though, the rest of the forwards lads weren’t contributing.

Wouldn’t have taken Mellis off, at least he was actually trying to pass it.

Mellis had lost it after (was it Doyle?) that stood on him and if he'd stayed on was looking like a red would likely come his way so understand why he pulled him off.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Stockportstag » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Utter garbage. Talked my son-in-law into coming today. He came from Liverpool and and I joined train at Stockport
Felt really guilty about taking him to watch that raspberry on display today. No plan, no commitment to andnoshots on target. PATHETIC
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:03 pm

I think we need an apology from them.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum