{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Four Seasons

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 am

No one knew about it not even the council. They were there from 3am until 11ish.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6587
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby old ram stag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 am

correct it was never intended to be a crowd puller and had 1000s turned up would have had to had been cancelled, it was a fantastic success and will be a great advert for the Town when goes on air. And at no financial cost to MDC.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Dan wrote:No one knew about it not even the council. They were there from 3am until 11ish.


They obviously did know Dan, because the MDC Faceache page was telling people what roads would be closed on Saturday afternoon.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7108
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:29 pm

old ram stag wrote:correct it was never intended to be a crowd puller and had 1000s turned up would have had to had been cancelled, it was a fantastic success and will be a great advert for the Town when goes on air. And at no financial cost to MDC.

And of course you got meet an ex cricketer and Peter Kaye's not so funny mate and have some photos with them. Tell me who was clearing the town of spice heads whilst you and at least five others were playing at Kate Moss.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Four Seasons

Postby old ram stag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:07 pm

we never left the Town centre and had any spicehead as you say attempt to spoil it they would have been dealt with, but they didnt in fact the majority didn't even turn up until it was all over, I'm told the full cost was seen by the BBC, maybe next time we should say no thank you take it to another town, then cue moan we never get anything in our town.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 pm

old ram stag wrote:we never left the Town centre and had any spicehead as you say attempt to spoil it they would have been dealt with, but they didnt in fact the majority didn't even turn up until it was all over, I'm told the full cost was seen by the BBC, maybe next time we should say no thank you take it to another town, then cue moan we never get anything in our town.

So who moved them from St. Peter's retail park whilst our, not the BBC's, police service were having a photo shoot with d list celebs? You know they're up there, you moan about having to tell them to move every day. So who moved them on on Sunday? But hey Top Gear have been in town so all of Mansfield's problems must be behind us.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Four Seasons

Postby old ram stag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 pm

I did I class that as town centre and yes moved them on Sunday.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby old ram stag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:56 pm

read Johno,s Facebook post on the subject, he does so much for the TC not just the bars, and sums up some people's views perfectly.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:58 pm

old ram stag wrote:I did I class that as town centre and yes moved them on Sunday.

That's funny because they were outside Costa when the wife and I were in there yesterday. The same one you tell to move on every time we leave the Railway on a match day.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:09 pm

old ram stag wrote:read Johno,s Facebook post on the subject, he does so much for the TC not just the bars, and sums up some people's views perfectly.

Yes a thoroughly great event for the town. So great, that it was kept secret from the great people of Mansfield, because their presence was deemed undesirable. Well except for those getting paid to lord it up with z Listers that is.

"Sorry ninety year old Mrs. Smith but we have no one to deal with your home intruder. Why's that? Well we've hired them all out to the BBC, so they can get some great photos. We can give you a crime number, and someone will come and see you in a few days, well when you are out of hospital that is."

Edit:- And you, Old Ram "I'm not on, and never will be on Facebook" Stag, recommending a Facebook post to back up an argument is just laughable.

By the way who's Johno?
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Four Seasons

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:22 pm

Big yella wrote:
old ram stag wrote:read Johno,s Facebook post on the subject, he does so much for the TC not just the bars, and sums up some people's views perfectly.

Yes a thoroughly great event for the town. So great, that it was kept secret from the great people of Mansfield, because their presence was deemed undesirable. Well except for those getting paid to lord it up with z Listers that is.

"Sorry ninety year old Mrs. Smith but we have no one to deal with your home intruder. Why's that? Well we've hired them all out to the BBC, so they can get some great photos. We can give you a crime number, and someone will come and see you in a few days, well when you are out of hospital that is."

Edit:- And you, Old Ram "I'm not on, and never will be on Facebook" Stag, recommending a Facebook post to back up an argument is just laughable.

By the way who's Johno?


Did you miss a chance to get your Paddy and Freddie autobiographies signed or something? I seem to remember you calling another poster a 'miserable old beggar' on another thread.......
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby old ram stag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:28 pm

I'm not on FB, I read it on a works friends, he runs "and why not" and many other bars in the town, and takes an active part in the towns regeneration project.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:33 pm

old ram stag wrote:I'm not on FB, I read it on a works friends, he runs "and why not" and many other bars in the town, and takes an active part in the towns regeneration project.

I've seen some of the Facebook footage.

Oh it makes Mansfield look sooooo good. Have you seen the shot where the Top Gear cars (you know the MOTORING show) pull up outside the great big closed down Motormania shop. Ha ha ha ha, you couldn't make it up. :oops:
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:40 pm

old ram stag wrote:read Johno,s Facebook post on the subject, he does so much for the TC not just the bars, and sums up some people's views perfectly.


His post is spot on, it’s great that Top Gear chose Mansfield and it’s another thing that puts us on the map.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2875
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Four Seasons

Postby old ram stag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:02 pm

this is my last post on stagsnet because to be honest some people wind me up and it's not worth it, I and the rest of those who work to improve our town centre will continue to try hard to do so and shout about the positives, if some feel it necessary to knock it at ever opportunity then fine, I'm sure if the stags organise an open top bus in the market if we gain promotion , MDC, Notts Police, the bid team and every other team who have to work on the day will mess that up also. COYS
old ram stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby The One » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:19 pm

old ram stag wrote:this is my last post on stagsnet because to be honest some people wind me up and it's not worth it, I and the rest of those who work to improve our town centre will continue to try hard to do so and shout about the positives, if some feel it necessary to knock it at ever opportunity then fine, I'm sure if the stags organise an open top bus in the market if we gain promotion , MDC, Notts Police, the bid team and every other team who have to work on the day will mess that up also. COYS



Like they did when we won the Conference ?
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9966
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Big yella » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:21 pm

old ram stag wrote:this is my last post on stagsnet because to be honest some people wind me up and it's not worth it, I and the rest of those who work to improve our town centre will continue to try hard to do so and shout about the positives, if some feel it necessary to knock it at ever opportunity then fine, I'm sure if the stags organise an open top bus in the market if we gain promotion , MDC, Notts Police, the bid team and every other team who have to work on the day will mess that up also. COYS

The council didn't let us enter the town centre when we last won promotion, what makes you think they will if we go up this time.
Flip, flop & fly, Mansfield till I die.
User avatar
Big yella
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3848
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:03 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Four Seasons

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:41 pm

FGS calm down!
Last edited by EdwinstoweStag on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6497
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:03 pm

I think if Frankie Valli had turned up instead of just his backing band the event would have been better appreciated and attended by the good folk of Mansfield.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4947
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:34 pm

old ram stag wrote:I'm not on FB, I read it on a works friends, he runs "and why not" and many other bars in the town, and takes an active part in the towns regeneration project.



:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6587
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Sneag wrote:
Dan wrote:No one knew about it not even the council. They were there from 3am until 11ish.


They obviously did know Dan, because the MDC Faceache page was telling people what roads would be closed on Saturday afternoon.


Apparently they weren't told exactly WHAT was happening, just which roads would have to be closed. Some thought May or Corbyn were coming.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6587
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Tawnystag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:37 pm

I run a children’s football team and all the Forest academy coaches have been in and ran sessions with our teams. They then gave leaflets to all the boys and their parents advertising Forest football camps across Mansfield and Ashfield during half term. They are doing them on the local parks, 10am-3pm for £15, including presentation trophies.

Most of my kids signed up.
Tawnystag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Dan wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Dan wrote:No one knew about it not even the council. They were there from 3am until 11ish.


They obviously did know Dan, because the MDC Faceache page was telling people what roads would be closed on Saturday afternoon.


Apparently they weren't told exactly WHAT was happening, just which roads would have to be closed. Some thought May or Corbyn were coming.


Facebook speculation. I'm sure the people who needed to know, knew.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7108
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 pm

Just found this, is this what you mean?

But a Facebook post from Mansfield BID that morning read: "Just to clarify the BID was kept in the dark as much as everyone else about the top secret event today.

"We were only ask to send the road closure info out via mail chimp to all businesses we have on email and via our social media pages which we have done.

"Under no circumstances was we asked to deliver information packs out to all businesses as it’s been stated. If we were asked, like everything else for the council we would of ensured all businesses would have received one.

"This is an amazing opportunity for the town even though its been surrounded by complete secrecy, inaccurate engagement information and speculation."
https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/new ... ed-2528214
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6587
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Four Seasons

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Bit more here: https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/loc ... ie-2533038

Mansfield District Council spokesman, said: "We can confirm that BBC Top Gear presenters Chris Harris, Freddie Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness were in Mansfield filming for an episode of the hit BBC Two show.

"We were sworn to secrecy by the BBC because of concerns about safety if a large crowd had turned up to watch.

"Freddie slightly lost control and crashed into an empty market stall - nobody was hurt.

"This shows the most important thing when holding a driving event like this in a town centre is ensuring people are safe, which is why this couldn’t be publicised.

"There was plenty of action and the smell of burning tyres as seven cars did loops around the inner ring road.

"There was a risk that filming wouldn’t have gone ahead if word had got out in advance.

"This was an offer we couldn’t refuse!"
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6587
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigGuy, bozzy, CassellsCap, chesystagsfan, Grendon Stag, Hjeldefan, Kernow, Martin Shaw, richardstag, smulls and 56 guests