{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:40 pm

tmwilson wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:How can people say results went for us ?
Five of the teams around us got more points than us today .

Bad result imo.
No guarantee's we will beat County , Lincoln or Forest Green


I’ll tell you why...

Because Lincoln SHOULD have beat Northampton, they didn’t.

Forest Green SHOULD have beat County, they didn’t.

Carlisle & Exeter both shared the points

The only results that really went against us were Colchester and Bury which was expected.

We cannot win every week, simple as that. We’re in an excellent position but we need to make games against lowly opposition count (Notts, Cheltenham, Port Vale, Crawley) all coming up in the next month.


What a ridiculous post .
On current form we should of beat Newport , but we didnt
Five teams got more points than us today and you are happy ? Lincoln played with ten men .

Current form!!! Newport beat Leicester of the premier league and Middlesbrough of the championship. This wasn’t an easy game and current form means jack.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2827
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:41 pm

On coach on way home, disappointed with the display. Pitch played a part in that we reverted to long ball, not our game, but Newport do play the long ball.
A physical side, with Walker and Rose receiving their wrath.
Poor referee who allowed Joe Day, all day to take goal kicks.
Every shot Newport blocked, and if we had played all night we wouldn't have scored.
On a positive note our keeper was brilliant today and made three cracking saves. Bish didn't get booked. All to next week a different game COYS
Berryhillstagno1
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:44 pm

tmwilson wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:How can people say results went for us ?
Five of the teams around us got more points than us today .

Bad result imo.
No guarantee's we will beat County , Lincoln or Forest Green


I’ll tell you why...

Because Lincoln SHOULD have beat Northampton, they didn’t.

Forest Green SHOULD have beat County, they didn’t.

Carlisle & Exeter both shared the points

The only results that really went against us were Colchester and Bury which was expected.

We cannot win every week, simple as that. We’re in an excellent position but we need to make games against lowly opposition count (Notts, Cheltenham, Port Vale, Crawley) all coming up in the next month.


What a ridiculous post .
On current form we should of beat Newport , but we didnt
Five teams got more points than us today and you are happy ? Lincoln played with ten men .


Who said I was happy? I want us to win every game we play in but I’m also realistic, we won’t win every game. I didn’t expect much at Newport, they are bouncing at the minute due to their cup success and that pitch is always a nightmare. Bad day at the office, move on, we’ll be fine.
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3176
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:How can people say results went for us ?
Five of the teams around us got more points than us today .

Bad result imo.
No guarantee's we will beat County , Lincoln or Forest Green


I’ll tell you why...

Because Lincoln SHOULD have beat Northampton, they didn’t.

Forest Green SHOULD have beat County, they didn’t.

Carlisle & Exeter both shared the points

The only results that really went against us were Colchester and Bury which was expected.

We cannot win every week, simple as that. We’re in an excellent position but we need to make games against lowly opposition count (Notts, Cheltenham, Port Vale, Crawley) all coming up in the next month.


What a ridiculous post .
On current form we should of beat Newport , but we didnt
Five teams got more points than us today and you are happy ? Lincoln played with ten men .


Who said I was happy? I want us to win every game we play in but I’m also realistic, we won’t win every game. I didn’t expect much at Newport, they are bouncing at the minute due to their cup success and that pitch is always a nightmare. Bad day at the office, move on, we’ll be fine.


I concur
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7271
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:50 pm

In the car, Pitch was extremely poor and did not suit our style of play, I will aim some criticism at Flitcroft as he got the starting line up completely wrong as was a game built from Rose to start. We where never going to be able to play football on that pitch.

Ref yet again was garbage and let Newport continually get away with time wasting, each time Day took a goal kick he took an age. Unfortunately the ref had no control.

Didn't really have a shot on target either, can totally understand why Newport win at home but have a poor away record.

Finally Jamille Matt you are a disgrace and lucky you started to walk away from the away end just before the linesman had spotted what you where doing.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby london amber stag » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:56 pm

What did Matt do?
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
User avatar
london amber stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: Bromley Kent

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby frt1987 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:57 pm

I am looking at Lincoln Bury and us in the top 3 positions now and hopefully at the end of the season.
The nearest challenges to that..Forest Green, MK Dons both lost and Carlisle and Exeter drew so apart from our own result, the others werent too bad!
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:22 am

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:07 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:How can people say results went for us ?
Five of the teams around us got more points than us today .

Bad result imo.
No guarantee's we will beat County , Lincoln or Forest Green


I’ll tell you why...

Because Lincoln SHOULD have beat Northampton, they didn’t.

Forest Green SHOULD have beat County, they didn’t.

Carlisle & Exeter both shared the points

The only results that really went against us were Colchester and Bury which was expected.

We cannot win every week, simple as that. We’re in an excellent position but we need to make games against lowly opposition count (Notts, Cheltenham, Port Vale, Crawley) all coming up in the next month.


What a ridiculous post .
On current form we should of beat Newport , but we didnt
Five teams got more points than us today and you are happy ? Lincoln played with ten men .


Who said I was happy? I want us to win every game we play in but I’m also realistic, we won’t win every game. I didn’t expect much at Newport, they are bouncing at the minute due to their cup success and that pitch is always a nightmare. Bad day at the office, move on, we’ll be fine.
Exactly.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5611
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:08 pm

london amber stag wrote:What did Matt do?


Goading the away fans repetitively for a good couple of minutes after the final whistle and had to be pulled away by a team mate.

Could understand if he had been given abuse all afternoon but only ran past us 3 times.

First time jogging back holding up his finger telling the fans to shut up, second time jones tackled him on the bye line and at the final whistle he was in the corner.

Linesman took an interest but was a little too late to the scene as he was flanking the ref initially after the final whistle and only when noise erupted did he look over.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2158
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby Field Mill » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:11 pm

I was hoping that we may get some kind of 'After the Lord Mayors Show' effect but sadly it looks like that didn't happen. Credit to them and their ploughed field of a pitch. Results elsewhere went for us and a point at Notts next week followed by a couple of wins in the next two home games will see us right. Take it on the chin and move on.we will be top 3 and Newport will be mid table. After their cup heroics.
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:41 pm

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby london amber stag » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:21 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
london amber stag wrote:What did Matt do?


Goading the away fans repetitively for a good couple of minutes after the final whistle and had to be pulled away by a team mate.

Could understand if he had been given abuse all afternoon but only ran past us 3 times.

First time jogging back holding up his finger telling the fans to shut up, second time jones tackled him on the bye line and at the final whistle he was in the corner.

Linesman took an interest but was a little too late to the scene as he was flanking the ref initially after the final whistle and only when noise erupted did he look over.


He won’t be laughing next week when Man City beat them comprehensively. Matt is still bitter about Mansfield beating Kidderminster to the Conference title!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
User avatar
london amber stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:16 pm
Location: Bromley Kent

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby bigalstag » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Not worth us turning up next week, as the Notts fans think the win for them, is now a formality.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:56 pm

nevermind today boys, was hoping newport would have a firm eye on the cup but wasn't meant to be. team high on confidence on a pitch not made for our style. onwards and upwards UTS
PYHBO! Issue 3(OUT SOON!)

twitter.com/SatiricalStag (on temporary hiatus)
User avatar
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1607
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:17 am

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:20 pm

He's not happy...

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)
User avatar
Son Of Sherwood
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 pm
Location: Weston-super-Mare

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby tmwilson » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:58 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:How can people say results went for us ?
Five of the teams around us got more points than us today .

Bad result imo.
No guarantee's we will beat County , Lincoln or Forest Green


I’ll tell you why...

Because Lincoln SHOULD have beat Northampton, they didn’t.

Forest Green SHOULD have beat County, they didn’t.

Carlisle & Exeter both shared the points

The only results that really went against us were Colchester and Bury which was expected.

We cannot win every week, simple as that. We’re in an excellent position but we need to make games against lowly opposition count (Notts, Cheltenham, Port Vale, Crawley) all coming up in the next month.


What a ridiculous post .
On current form we should of beat Newport , but we didnt
Five teams got more points than us today and you are happy ? Lincoln played with ten men .

Current form!!! Newport beat Leicester of the premier league and Middlesbrough of the championship. This wasn’t an easy game and current form means jack.


You are contradicting yourself there . Current form doesn't mean a thing then you pipe on about they have just won Leicester and Boro.
Of course current form resembles how a team are performing . That's why teams go on a run and move up the table or in Newport case , that they were in freefall as they had only won one of their last nine games .
Although I agree that any team can beat any team hence why I put there are no guarantees of us beating Forest Green , Lincoln and County .
Also it was a response to the post above mine where he stated Forest Green and Lincoln should of won .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby Vice President » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:13 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:How can people say results went for us ?
Five of the teams around us got more points than us today .

Bad result imo.
No guarantee's we will beat County , Lincoln or Forest Green


I’ll tell you why...

Because Lincoln SHOULD have beat Northampton, they didn’t.

Forest Green SHOULD have beat County, they didn’t.

Carlisle & Exeter both shared the points

The only results that really went against us were Colchester and Bury which was expected.

We cannot win every week, simple as that. We’re in an excellent position but we need to make games against lowly opposition count (Notts, Cheltenham, Port Vale, Crawley) all coming up in the next month.


I'm with Foresttownstag on this - the other results went OK for us today.
Vice President
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby julianshatnasty » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:27 pm

Hamilton has to play up top for me. Seen Ajose three times and he's not on it like he should be, Hamilton's pace caused far more problems playing further forward. Jones looks good on the right too so that's the change for me.

Disappointing day but the pitch was awful and negating it by playing a bit longer isn't going to work when you're aiming at little guys like walker Hamilton and ajose as 90% of the time they'll be beaten in the air.

All in all a poor performance but not as bad as some are making out. Sat listening to people around me pulling apart a side that are second in the table after thirty odd games makes no sense to me but there you go.

And as for Matt, what do you expect a guy to do? They won, folks are shouting dogs abuse at him and I for one thought it was funny that he chose to rile them up. Imagine shouting at a guy for doing his job and then getting angry cos he takes the piss out of you?! Wake up people.
julianshatnasty
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:59 pm

tmwilson wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:How can people say results went for us ?
Five of the teams around us got more points than us today .

Bad result imo.
No guarantee's we will beat County , Lincoln or Forest Green


I’ll tell you why...

Because Lincoln SHOULD have beat Northampton, they didn’t.

Forest Green SHOULD have beat County, they didn’t.

Carlisle & Exeter both shared the points

The only results that really went against us were Colchester and Bury which was expected.

We cannot win every week, simple as that. We’re in an excellent position but we need to make games against lowly opposition count (Notts, Cheltenham, Port Vale, Crawley) all coming up in the next month.


What a ridiculous post .
On current form we should of beat Newport , but we didnt
Five teams got more points than us today and you are happy ? Lincoln played with ten men .

Current form!!! Newport beat Leicester of the premier league and Middlesbrough of the championship. This wasn’t an easy game and current form means jack.


You are contradicting yourself there . Current form doesn't mean a thing then you pipe on about they have just won Leicester and Boro.
Of course current form resembles how a team are performing . That's why teams go on a run and move up the table or in Newport case , that they were in freefall as they had only won one of their last nine games .
Although I agree that any team can beat any team hence why I put there are no guarantees of us beating Forest Green , Lincoln and County .
Also it was a response to the post above mine where he stated Forest Green and Lincoln should of won .

Not really a contradiction because I was just saying that regardless of ours and their current form they have proved they can beat very good teams. Anyway I understand what you mean, there are no easy games and we will lose some more, but we do seem to bounce back well.....usually!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2827
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby Stafford » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:55 pm

london amber stag wrote:What did Matt do?


Nothing, really. Some of our fans were hurling abuse at him, so he gave some back. Our fans then made a mountain out of a mole hill.
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:37 am
Location: Ollerton

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby chip63 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:31 am

julianshatnasty wrote:Hamilton has to play up top for me. Seen Ajose three times and he's not on it like he should be, Hamilton's pace caused far more problems playing further forward. Jones looks good on the right too so that's the change for me.

Disappointing day but the pitch was awful and negating it by playing a bit longer isn't going to work when you're aiming at little guys like walker Hamilton and ajose as 90% of the time they'll be beaten in the air.

All in all a poor performance but not as bad as some are making out. Sat listening to people around me pulling apart a side that are second in the table after thirty odd games makes no sense to me but there you go.

And as for Matt, what do you expect a guy to do? They won, folks are shouting dogs abuse at him and I for one thought it was funny that he chose to rile them up. Imagine shouting at a guy for doing his job and then getting angry cos he takes the piss out of you?! Wake up people.


Out of all the posts on here I will take this one.
If I was a betting man I would of bet against us today but I've never done it and never will..
Might bet a draw next week and I'd be happy if it came true.

:coys:
chip63
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 am

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby scotsstag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:40 am

Out of all the posts on here I will take this one.
If I was a betting man I would of bet against us today but I've never done it and never will..
Might bet a draw next week and I'd be happy if it came true.

:coys:[/quote]





Why on earth would you be happy with a point against the bottom of the league???
I know its Notts, local derby etc but we're second and pushing for automatic promotion spot and they're bottom and will probably/hopefully be relegated.
Over 4K Stags on their way to see a WIN....
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am
Location: SCOTLAND

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby Sneag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:46 am

scotsstag wrote:Out of all the posts on here I will take this one.
If I was a betting man I would of bet against us today but I've never done it and never will..
Might bet a draw next week and I'd be happy if it came true.

:coys:






Why on earth would you be happy with a point against the bottom of the league???
I know its Notts, local derby etc but we're second and pushing for automatic promotion spot and they're bottom and will probably/hopefully be relegated.
Over 4K Stags on their way to see a WIN....
:mtfc:[/quote]

It's a draw more often than not.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7826
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby scotsstag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Sneag wrote:
scotsstag wrote:Out of all the posts on here I will take this one.
If I was a betting man I would of bet against us today but I've never done it and never will..
Might bet a draw next week and I'd be happy if it came true.

:coys:






Why on earth would you be happy with a point against the bottom of the league???
I know its Notts, local derby etc but we're second and pushing for automatic promotion spot and they're bottom and will probably/hopefully be relegated.
Over 4K Stags on their way to see a WIN....
:mtfc:


It's a draw more often than not.[/quote]

That doesn't mean that you have to be happy with it.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am
Location: SCOTLAND

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:29 pm

I’d take a draw, without hesitation.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7271
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby scotsstag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Thought you might. :roll:
scotsstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:43 am
Location: SCOTLAND

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamr999, stagtastic1 and 39 guests