{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Free tickets again available for U18 vs FGR and Cheltenham

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Free tickets again available for U18 vs FGR and Cheltenham

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:02 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Free tickets again available for U18 vs FGR and Cheltenh

Postby Stag95 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:20 pm

Brilliant from the club. They really can't do anymore to fill the Mill - great football and great value.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:28 pm

It's all down to the townsfolk now. Honestly if we don't get over 6,000 with these initiatives against FGR and Cheltenham being in the top 3 and having ripped the bedwetters a new one next week JR oughta rag it in.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:35 pm

Please hope they send a player to each primary and secondary school in the area to promote it properly this time.

It's a generous offer, just hope it's taken up properly.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Excellent work from the club again - must have been a bonus for the club with extra ticket sales for parents and food etc

Really pleasing news
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Spiritater wrote:It's all down to the townsfolk now. Honestly if we don't get over 6,000 with these initiatives against FGR and Cheltenham being in the top 3 and having ripped the bedwetters a new one next week JR oughta rag it in.

So anything less than 2,000 kids taking up the offer for each game and JR should sell up? Maybe suggest that to him next time ya see him.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:59 pm

So is it an unrealistic figure to achieve eh? Let's face it it's FREE!! Conker.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:02 pm

Spiritater wrote:So is it an unrealistic figure to achieve eh? Let's face it it's FREE!! Conker.

You should have a day off putting your negative spin on it.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Conker wrote:
Spiritater wrote:It's all down to the townsfolk now. Honestly if we don't get over 6,000 with these initiatives against FGR and Cheltenham being in the top 3 and having ripped the bedwetters a new one next week JR oughta rag it in.

So anything less than 2,000 kids taking up the offer for each game and JR should sell up? Maybe suggest that to him next time ya see him.

We are giving free tickets for 7 to 17 year olds (11 years)
So approx 15% of our supporters can take up this offer.
Some of these will be regular attendees anyway.
Should we be expecting a massive rise in attendance compared to offers open to everyone. ie Notts County £2 for all?
ie we have steadily grown our home attendances since Evans came from 3000 home fans to around 4200 or 40% increase (brilliant)
We got around 5400 on Saturday which was very encouraging given the weather.
2nd and 3rd offers can only enhance this. Good times.
If we can finally get the pricing structure for U18's ref season tickets and general admission sorted we will indeed protect our potential fan base.
Maybe a tiered system for juniors/teenagers up until they are 20 could work like Forest have got (look at their increased attendances, up from 18000 average around two years ago to around 27000 this season)
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:13 pm

88BenM wrote:
Spiritater wrote:So is it an unrealistic figure to achieve eh? Let's face it it's FREE!! Conker.

How is it negative wanting us to increase the crowd figure to something like it should be when it's free.
Let me see now if the same offer was rolled out at rock bottom Clownty how many would be there, 14-15000? They had 15k there at £2 a pop and when it's free for kids here we can't even break 6k :oops:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Spiritater wrote:
88BenM wrote:

How is it negative wanting us to increase the crowd figure to something like it should be when it's free.
Let me see now if the same offer was rolled out at rock bottom Clownty how many would be there, 14-15000? They had 15k there at £2 a pop and when it's free for kids here we can't even break 6k :oops:

Spiritater wrote:
88BenM wrote:

You are comparing a £2 offer for all ages in a City that has a marked interest in sport, to a free ticket offer for an age category in which the majority of our towns people are not in. We have All Saints, QE, Brunts, Samworth, Manor, Meden, Garabaldi, Jo Whit & Ashfield schools off the top of my head that are in and around the area of our football club. That's 9 schools and I must be forgetting some, but let's say ballpark figure that the age range of 11-17 is somewhere in the region of 15,000. Are you expecting an uptake of 50%? 30%? What would you consider enough for John and Carolyn to not 'rag it in', as you put it?
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby steiner » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:45 pm

I think we have the best owners in the football league.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby West Ham 1969 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:36 pm

I think it’s a gesture the club should be commended for. We need to attract more young kids to the game. Looking around on match days the age profile of regular supporters, including me I’m sad to say is scary. I remember back in the 60’s when I first started going we all met up with our school mates at the games, then spent rest of the weekend re-enacting another Bill Curry hat trick.... I know...sad really :o
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby garlic » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:01 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:I think it’s a gesture the club should be commended for. We need to attract more young kids to the game. Looking around on match days the age profile of regular supporters, including me I’m sad to say is scary. I remember back in the 60’s when I first started going we all met up with our school mates at the games, then spent rest of the weekend re-enacting another Bill Curry hat trick.... I know...sad really :o

Not sad, that`s just how it was then, don`t know what gets the kids out these days
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:17 pm

Spiritater wrote:
88BenM wrote:

The difference is Spiritater the club next door where playing away and so they thought they'd give the new comedy club a go at £2 entry.

Anyway hopefully word will get out, it will see a big boost and then some come back for the Lincoln game.

Biggest advert for the club now is word of mouth, which hopefully those attending last Saturday will now do. Steve H said it was all over local radio and local newpaper but thats the wrong demographic / platform to advertise in fairness local media is dead and doesn't exist to the majority of the target audience.

Twitter / Facebook I hear you cry!! yet again, most pages will have targeted advertisement based on cookies so unless its fortnite / fifa related it won't be seen by the local youth unless a family relative is advertising it because they already have a interest in the club.

The only way to genuinely advertise this is at source in schools by a player attending (like I said previously) and getting the class assembly excited when they are focused away from an electronic device. Fair play they got Macca out their and he looked like he did a fantastic job at the school he went too but there needs to be more of this to actively target each school and demostrate to the youth they are welcome to join in, that its the done thing to support the local team and show the parents its a community club that should be worth revisiting.

Again its a fantastic offer and hats off to the club but we should and could be seeing a sell out in the home end if advertised correctly.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:30 pm

garlic wrote:
West Ham 1969 wrote:I think it’s a gesture the club should be commended for. We need to attract more young kids to the game. Looking around on match days the age profile of regular supporters, including me I’m sad to say is scary. I remember back in the 60’s when I first started going we all met up with our school mates at the games, then spent rest of the weekend re-enacting another Bill Curry hat trick.... I know...sad really :o

Not sad, that`s just how it was then, don`t know what gets the kids out these days

Definitely not sad, I did the same, but my first footballing hero was Jimmy Mac. I'm sure that's why I could kick a ball with both feet (albeit equally badly) as when I was a kid I used to pretend I was a left winger.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:36 pm

Spiritater wrote:
88BenM wrote:

Population urban Nottingham 733,000! Just saying.
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:56 pm

manssmooth wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
88BenM wrote:

Population urban Nottingham 733,000! Just saying.

Don’t let facts get in the way of another apathy dig!!!
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:00 pm

So you think that less than 6k for those games is acceptable then being as though every one under 18 can come for nothing?
Baring in mind our League position and the brand of football played.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:03 pm

Spiritater wrote:So you think that less than 6k for those games is acceptable then being as though every one under 18 can come for nothing?

Can I ask a question.

Given the size of our club, historic attendances, town population and wages in general how many supporters per week do you think we should be averaging given our current position ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:06 pm

I’d be delighted with 6,000 regular home fans in league 1. I e been going regularly for 20 years and we’ve had maybe 2 of those where we averaged over 5000 in total

Maybe I just have low expectations ha
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:09 pm

adamstag wrote:I’d be delighted with 6,000 regular home fans in league 1.

Maybe I just have low expectations ha

When was the last time that was our average attendance though....your going back late 70s.

Good season in L2 I’d be happy with 5000 which is what we’re looking like ending up with.

L1 I could see us pulling 5500 depending we’re not struggling....but then again I don’t know the highest I’ve ever seen us play was the 02/03 season we’re we averaged 4900.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:10 pm

That's not the issue here is it MTFCMAD. It's about the club bending over backwards to try to engender some interest in the youngsters like we've all wanted to do and it struggling to make any effect. Do you also think that less than 6k for those two games is an acceptable return being as though it's FREE.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:14 pm

Spiritater wrote:That's not the issue here is it MTFCMAD. It's about the club bending over backwards to try to engender some interest in the youngsters like we've all wanted to do and it struggling to make any effect. Do you also think that less than 6k for those two games is an acceptable return being as though it's FREE.

Aye but when I was 12 (1995) sky had maybe 2 games a week, you didn’t have laptops phones football games all over the place, internet etc. We had less to do or less available to me.

If we only get a fraction of those fans come back often then we’ve maybe made fans for life, which is good in the long run
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 pm

Spiritater wrote:That's not the issue here is it MTFCMAD. It's about the club bending over backwards to try to engender some interest in the youngsters like we've all wanted to do and it struggling to make any effect. Do you also think that less than 6k for those two games is an acceptable return being as though it's FREE.

For MTFC yes.

If we had an history of pulling 6000 crowds in the past then no. But this is a club who as of 24 months ago were only pulling 3000 fans in a game.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum