{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Hilton Hotel

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Hilton Hotel

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:33 pm

Does anyone know what the latest is with this ?

Seems to have gone awfully quiet.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Re: Hilton Hotel

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:42 pm

We'll probably find out when theres something on the official website :lol: what's with the stagsnet thirst for constant in the know knowledge
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:45 pm

I think this was the latest, unless I've forgotten a more recent update.

https://stagsnet.net/news/newsdetails.php?newsid=9418
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby geoffhill » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:28 pm

I would hope that the hotel will get built first.We can build the stand when we get promoted when we will be getting bigger crowds.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:10 pm

Great - the new Bishop St. stand won the vote 58% to 42%. Definitely the right thing to do first. Here's hoping we build the stand very soon.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:57 am

To be honest, I was behind the hotel getting built first, but that was a couple of months ago, before we sat comfortable second and before we got 5500 in to see a Macclesfield game.

No reason at all to think crowds won't be at least that if we go up and with larger away followings coming here too it's starting to sway me to thinking there may be a more immediate financial return on a Bishop Street redevelopment.

If we can stay in League One beyond a first season and start to look competitive it's easy to imagine that crowds could start to average 6500 then 7000 and at that point when you're starting to hit current capacity it becomes a no brainer to not limit yourselves.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:28 am

julianshatnasty wrote:To be honest, I was behind the hotel getting built first, but that was a couple of months ago, before we sat comfortable second and before we got 5500 in to see a Macclesfield game.

No reason at all to think crowds won't be at least that if we go up and with larger away followings coming here too it's starting to sway me to thinking there may be a more immediate financial return on a Bishop Street redevelopment.

If we can stay in League One beyond a first season and start to look competitive it's easy to imagine that crowds could start to average 6500 then 7000 and at that point when you're starting to hit current capacity it becomes a no brainer to not limit yourselves.

Haha. Rather getting in front of yourself.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:37 am

Paragraph 2 had an 'if'.
Paragraph 3 has an 'if' and an 'easy to imagine'.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:59 am

The fans were asked, hotel or Bishop St stand?
Apparently, the answer was overwhelmingly Bishop St stand, so it seems te hotel may have slipped out of focus.
Had my doubts all a long, we will see?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:15 am

oldweststander wrote:The fans were asked, hotel or Bishop St stand?
Apparently, the answer was overwhelmingly Bishop St stand, so it seems te hotel may have slipped out of focus.
Had my doubts all a long, we will see?

the results of the two polls (one twitter, one facebook) are in the link above for anyone who's not seen them.

Re-pasted here:

facebook: Mansfield Town Football Club created a poll.
November 16
POLL: Following CEO Carolyn Radford's suggestion at yesterday's AGM, we want to know which project you'd like to see us begin first:
A new Hampton-by-Hilton hotel at One Call Stadium on Quarry Lane or the renovation of the Bishop Street Stand?

Final result (3000 votes):
42% Hilton hotel
58% Renovation of Bishop St.

twitter @mansfieldtownfc
POLL: Following CEO @CarolynRadford's suggestion at yesterday's AGM, we want to know which project you'd like to see us begin first:
A new Hampton-by-Hilton hotel at One Call Stadium on Quarry Lane or the renovation of the Bishop Street Stand?

Final result (1135 votes):
42% Hilton hotel
58% Renovation of Bishop St.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:25 am

I'd 100% go for the Bishop Street redevelopment, we are a football club, I support a football club, I don't support Hilton Hotels :lol: Yes we'd get a bit of rent from them, but we would be able to sell boxes in a new stand, we'd be able to accommodate more away fans if required and of course the ground would look fab!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:45 am

We don’t sell out our current allocation and won’t be near capacity, regularly, for a while.

It needs doing but hopefully they roll both developments out similarly
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:17 am

I don't think the hotel will happen. One director I spoke to said that there's a possibility that Bishop Street will get done and then the corners between the IGS and goal ends will be filled in if we reach the Championship and maintain full capacity crowds.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:32 am

The BS would be good for home fans - the problem being with more away fans you wonder if our "friends" at SAG would charge us more for the extra fans and we just wouldn't make anything extra from it in the first place.

If the BS is just going to be seats there really isn't any need for it anytime soon - only if it's got boxes would it be worth while.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:34 am

We need to urgently do the Bishop Street, if only to tear down the scoreboard.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:35 am

adamstag wrote:The BS would be good for home fans - the problem being with more away fans you wonder if our "friends" at SAG would charge us more for the extra fans and we just wouldn't make anything extra from it in the first place.

If the BS is just going to be seats there really isn't any need for it anytime soon - only if it's got boxes would it be worth while.

I'd be amazed if they built a new stand that didn't include boxes, it's something the ground is very much lacking and has the potential to bring in decent revenue.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:06 pm

Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:The BS would be good for home fans - the problem being with more away fans you wonder if our "friends" at SAG would charge us more for the extra fans and we just wouldn't make anything extra from it in the first place.

I'd be amazed if they built a new stand that didn't include boxes, it's something the ground is very much lacking and has the potential to bring in decent revenue.

Aye, the Luton model would work (not often I say that!) with their stand down the side.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Opus » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:56 pm

On a side note what is the progress with Stockwell Gate hotel and the one on the Gala bingo site.We have been in Spain since November and out of touch
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:47 pm

It'll take 4 years to get all the advertising boards down from the BS, we'd have to charge £100 a game to make up the revenue shortfall
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 pm

adamstag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Aye, the Luton model would work (not often I say that!) with their stand down the side.

That Luton Stand is pee poor.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Rob wrote:I'd 100% go for the Bishop Street redevelopment, we are a football club, I support a football club, I don't support Hilton Hotels :lol: Yes we'd get a bit of rent from them, but we would be able to sell boxes in a new stand, we'd be able to accommodate more away fans if required and of course the ground would look fab!

Well said Rob!
Our priority should be having a decent stadium. The current stadium is an embarrassment and it can only be resolved by developing Bishop St. Furthermore a new stand will bring income. But it is not solely about income, or whether the ground is full to capacity. This is about having a good stadium, which the players, the management and the fans can all benefit from - every game. (A hotel can't deliver that).
I am very supportive of the hotel, and I think that it will enhance the overall picture - but not as much as having a 'normal' 4 sided stadium.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:08 pm

Would it be better to get both done at similar times. Twice the mess in one go, as opposed to the mess happening twice, cash flow permitting of course!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby milne6 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Opus wrote:On a side note what is the progress with Stockwell Gate hotel and the one on the Gala bingo site.We have been in Spain since November and out of touch

Last time I drove by (about 2 weeks ago) it was fully knocked down apart from the front wall of the old bingo hall

expected that to be gone now and clearing the site of the debris
This is a Signature
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby robeyre » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:55 pm

milne6 wrote:
Opus wrote:On a side note what is the progress with Stockwell Gate hotel and the one on the Gala bingo site.We have been in Spain since November and out of touch

Last time I drove by (about 2 weeks ago) it was fully knocked down apart from the front wall of the old bingo hall

expected that to be gone now and clearing the site of the debris

I realise none of us read the chad these days (because its rubbish) but there was a goid article in it a couple of weeks ago that outlined the developments on all the hotels.
In summary the stockwell gate development is no further forward as the prefered bidders have not progressed the development at all.
The gala bingo premier Inn is on schedule to open early 2020
Mansfield have cooled the hotel idea due to the afore mentioned polls and are looking to develop the stand first as it isnot possible to develop both simultaneously
Hope this helps clarify
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:08 pm

IMO... If the hotel isn't built first it won't be at all. Where as the Bishop St will still get developed regardless.

Just feel we have missed out in a massive opportunity to create a good revenue stream and to give the r West stand a good face lift along with the car park area.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum