{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Newport roll call

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Newport roll call

Postby scotsstag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:34 pm

Be a bit cold for him rolling about in the back of the pick-up for a few hundred miles don't you think? :lol:
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Match ticket and train tickets ready and waiting. 3 hour journey from CHD, £48 return, so not too bad considering that the petrol cost would be about the same.
Fingers crossed that tomorrow's downpour won't be as bad as forecast. Even if it is, there should be about 20 hours for the pitch to drain.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:40 pm

Bradders wrote:Match ticket and train tickets ready and waiting. 3 hour journey from CHD, £48 return, so not too bad considering that the petrol cost would be about the same.
Fingers crossed that tomorrow's downpour won't be as bad as forecast. Even if it is, there should be about 20 hours for the pitch to drain.

Friday looks even worse than tomorrow! The only hope is at the moment it’s not forecast any rain on Saturday.. until kick off. Hopefully managed to drain before the game but I’m not hopeful. Hope it’s on, don’t want to be going there on a Tuesday and it ruins a good day out.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:46 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Bradders wrote:Match ticket and train tickets ready and waiting. 3 hour journey from CHD, £48 return, so not too bad considering that the petrol cost would be about the same.

Friday looks even worse than tomorrow! The only hope is at the moment it’s not forecast any rain on Saturday.. until kick off. Hopefully managed to drain before the game but I’m not hopeful. Hope it’s on, don’t want to be going there on a Tuesday and it ruins a good day out.

Yes, I meant Friday's downpour. Tomorrow's not as bad and Saturday should be OK.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:34 pm

Rob wrote:
scotsstag wrote:Me and the missus going, about 8 hours each way for us so we'll share the driving. :)

Fair play mate, fair play!

Our biggest bother Rob is getting quality cover for the farm, to us that's more important than the costs.
Anyway down to Newport on Sat, then down for County in Feb.
Port Vale and Lincoln games in March.
Oldham for April.
Finally down to MK in May.
Those are the games I have booked time off and cover labour for.
If the missus had any idea what it costs us in labour, tickets, fuel, overnights etc she'd f***ing kill me. :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:37 am

scotsstag wrote:
Rob wrote:
scotsstag wrote:Me and the missus going, about 8 hours each way for us so we'll share the driving. :)

Fair play mate, fair play!

Our biggest bother Rob is getting quality cover for the farm, to us that's more important than the costs.
Anyway down to Newport on Sat, then down for County in Feb.
Port Vale and Lincoln games in March.
Oldham for April.
Finally down to MK in May.
Those are the games I have booked time off and cover labour for.
If the missus had any idea what it costs us in labour, tickets, fuel, overnights etc she'd f***ing kill me. :lol:

Buy her a new bag or something and she'll be fine :D
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum