{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Trouble after the Game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Trouble after the Game

Postby Sneag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:54 pm

Lot of police activity at the bottom of Newgate Lane post match. There were a few Macc Lads knocking about & plod with dogs.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Re: Trouble after the Game

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:56 pm

Something was going on during game too saw 3 riot vans with the blues on go down towards water meadows and dismounted police too.

Doubt it would be Macc lads though dint think they were into stuff like that.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Tess Tickle » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Sneag wrote:Lot of police activity at the bottom of Newgate Lane post match. There were a few Macc Lads knocking about & plod with dogs.

Kings arms regulars give em a hiding ?
Tess Tickle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Forever Optimistic » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Was before game as well outside IG stand. Problem is it just gives plod more excuses to shut the gate. Don’t think they let them into away end so they prob just headed into town
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SidneyOttewell » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:21 pm

There was a group of about 30-40 Macc youths walking to the ground behind me at around 2.45pm. They were in B&M car park when I first saw them. Chanting abusive songs about the women of Mansfield from what I could make out. If they weren't allowed in, don't know how they'd end up near Newgate Lane - must have made a wrong turn.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BigGuy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:26 pm

Forever Optimistic wrote:Was before game as well outside IG stand. Problem is it just gives plod more excuses to shut the gate. Don’t think they let them into away end so they prob just headed into town

The problem was the gate actually being shut, macc fans on side of IG and Stags on other side, causes more problems than it solves, as we well know.

There was a video somewhere which has probably been taken down now.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby kyle b » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:30 pm

I got a message around 3:40 from my friend. Who said she was sat watching coppers wall aload of lads up towards the kings
kyle b
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:34 pm

I saw this mob of pissed-up so-called Stags fans, with their huge flag, hurling abuse at people queueing to get into the IG, before tangling violently with some fans near the “gate”. Apart from the steward next to the turnstiles and man with the disinterested sniffer dog, there was nobody there to tackle them.

Morons like these we can do without.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Scothie the Stag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:42 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I saw this mob of pissed-up so-called Stags fans, with their huge flag, hurling abuse at people queueing to get into the IG, before tangling violently with some fans near the “gate”. Apart from the steward next to the turnstiles and man with the disinterested sniffer dog, there was nobody there to tackle them.

We have our share of idiots, but the p!ssed up young lads carrying the large flag were Macclesfield "fans". They walked by Sandy Pate bar chanting "Mansfield, where's your lads".
Scothie the Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:43 pm

Scothie the Stag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I saw this mob of pissed-up so-called Stags fans, with their huge flag, hurling abuse at people queueing to get into the IG, before tangling violently with some fans near the “gate”. Apart from the steward next to the turnstiles and man with the disinterested sniffer dog, there was nobody there to tackle them.

We have our share of idiots, but the p!ssed up young lads carrying the large flag were Macclesfield "fans". They walked by Sandy Pate bar chanting "Mansfield, where's your lads".

I take it they found some then?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:03 pm

And done em over. Mansfield kids giving it large and getting a shoeing
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby crazystagdad » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:06 pm

macc fans peed up fighting with stewards and fans as we walked towards gate we were then shut with macc lot behing gate till they realised we were mansfield
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby victor A block » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:13 pm

About 60/70 of em came up side of West Stand about 2:50 giving it large, walking up towards North Stand. Mainly late teens, early 20's, but a few older. No plod or stewards about at the time, so could easily have kicked off.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:15 pm

It did kick off
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby WeDeserveMore » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:31 am

tibby wrote:It did kick off

It certainly did. And not a policeman in sight.

The Macc fans were looking for trouble. And they found it.

Edwinstowe... it was cleary the Macc fans that started the trouble... they were goading us.. and well.. I guess some people just can't hold back after a few beers. But it was the Macc lads taunting thinking nothing would happen... they nicked some stags fans hat and started throwing it around. You can't condone the violence but you can see why it happened. The Macc lads soon scampered behind the gate when it was clear they wouldn't have it all their own way.
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:49 am

WeDeserveMore wrote:
tibby wrote:It did kick off

It certainly did. And not a policeman in sight.

The Macc fans were looking for trouble. And they found it.

Edwinstowe... it was cleary the Macc fans that started the trouble... they were goading us.. and well.. I guess some people just can't hold back after a few beers. But it was the Macc lads taunting thinking nothing would happen... they nicked some stags fans hat and started throwing it around. You can't condone the violence but you can see why it happened. The Macc lads soon scampered behind the gate when it was clear they wouldn't have it all their own way.

I apologise for mistaking one set of MTFC morons for another.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum