{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Anderson contract cancelled by mutual accord

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Anderson contract cancelled by mutual accord

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:03 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Tawnystag wrote:And me ;)

Shame, I liked the guy, met him in person - very intelligent, came across as switched on and good natured. Thought he had a good start but fizzled out. This guy is a complete legend at Forest and Ipswich so things must’ve been really bad. Also can see it in DFs nature to freeze someone out for nothing.

That’s not true. My mate is a massive Tractor Boy and messaged me the day we signed him to tell me we had signed an absolute lemon. Seems he was right.

Looks like your mate was wrong judging by all the comments on his twitter post...
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:54 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Not the worst signing we ever made and did have some attributes but like Diamond, although he was injured, never really bought into the new era dream.

Wish him well, decent player for another club.

Agreed.

It's only made 3 pages because he was a high earner & we couldn't fathom out why it had all turned sour. Anyhow, he's gone now and Davey-boy can start thinking how he'd like to spend the extra dosh during summer ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:21 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
tillydog123 wrote:Not the worst signing we ever made and did have some attributes but like Diamond, although he was injured, never really bought into the new era dream.

Wish him well, decent player for another club.

Agreed.

It's only made 3 pages because he was a high earner & we couldn't fathom out why it had all turned sour. Anyhow, he's gone now and Davey-boy can start thinking how he'd like to spend the extra dosh during summer ;)

Already spent on current loaners I would think?
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Would be spent on Tomlinson and Turner, surely?

Can you see Flitcroft giving new deals to the current fringe players? His task in the summer is using the money from those players leaving and getting players better than what we already have. That's where the money for summer comes from. If JR can afford it I can see a budget increase.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:54 am

Dan wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Tawnystag wrote:And me ;)

Shame, I liked the guy, met him in person - very intelligent, came across as switched on and good natured. Thought he had a good start but fizzled out. This guy is a complete legend at Forest and Ipswich so things must’ve been really bad. Also can see it in DFs nature to freeze someone out for nothing.

That’s not true. My mate is a massive Tractor Boy and messaged me the day we signed him to tell me we had signed an absolute lemon. Seems he was right.

Looks like your mate was wrong judging by all the comments on his twitter post...

Looks like the fact that he’s bern paid up and sent on his way tends to suggest otherwise. But you know best Dan.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:43 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Would be spent on Tomlinson and Turner, surely?

Can you see Flitcroft giving new deals to the current fringe players? His task in the summer is using the money from those players leaving and getting players better than what we already have. That's where the money for summer comes from. If JR can afford it I can see a budget increase.

Possibly - guess we don't know how much was freed up by releasing Butcher & Ando and getting Turner & Tomlinson

I'd bet most fringe players will be gone - if they can't break into a L2 team then imagine how they'll cope if we're in L1? Maybe a few versatile or young prospects will be retained though
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Surely we don't have the Ando wages to spend because he's been paid up. Unless a deal was made for him to take a cut. Either way, we don't have the full equivalent of 3-4000 per week until the end of the season to spend on new players.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsForLIFE » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:18 pm

The facts are regardless of whether Anderson's wages are available or not, the Radford's have heavily backed this team. It shouldn't really matter if that money is available or not as we have a team capable of competing for promotion.
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum