{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Silkmen scorefred sponsored by Granty's pink boots

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Silkmen scorefred sponsored by Granty's pink boots

Postby steiner » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:03 pm

Reeling the Gimps in now.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:27 pm

Great day of results today. What a day!

Wasn't at the game unfortunately so will not take a view yet.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:39 pm

We're gonna win the league :coys:
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:45 pm

I think we got a bit lucky today. Some good and not so good performances. I thought Macc player some good football first half and deserved to be level.

It wasn't vintage stags but we kept going and did enough. Great to see other results when our way.

4 points from the next 2 games has to be the target now.

8 wins from our remaining 15 should be enough now.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:50 pm

Like the look of Jones when he came on. Natural in the wingback position. Starts for me at Newport. Just what do we do with CJ then.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:50 pm

Championship winning performance that. Bloody horrible game in parts, probably not helped by the wind & hardening pitch, got lucky on a couple of occassions, but ran out comfortable winners in the end.

Macc Town by no means the worst team to come to the Wonk, I think they'll stay up.

Fair play to Panto villain Sol Campbell today, took the time to stop & have selfies with kids priir to kick off and seemed to conduct himself properly in the tech area, big contrast to a tosspot like Danny Cowley.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:53 pm

Echo the thoughts that we were slightly fortunate today. Two scrappy goals, the second looked like an own goal today and I though Walked way possibly have been offside, not that I care.

Macclesfield were a good side and had three great chances that they didn’t take. Wilson looked good up top for them.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Job done, all that matters.

Macclesfield nowhere near the worst side to come here, and it’s not surprising with a new manager and players. You can almost throw the form book out the window for a few weeks because everybody has signed half a new side!

Cracking set of results for us, really piled pressure on them to win games in hand too. Would like to mention Walker, his generally play has come on so much and 20 for the season already is absolutely brilliant! On to the next one!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:25 pm

wink68 wrote:Like the look of Jones when he came on. Natural in the wingback position. Starts for me at Newport. Just what do we do with CJ then.

Rest him
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:29 pm

We were fine with CJ at RWB. He then went LWB and our problems started as Preston had two quick lads to cope with. Once he swapped back it was easy again. Lucky not to have been 3-1 down at HT after that balls up, but DF changed it so well done!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:33 pm

wink68 wrote:Like the look of Jones when he came on. Natural in the wingback position. Starts for me at Newport. Just what do we do with CJ then.

CJ could be an 'impact sub'. We could also revert to 4-4-2.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:40 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:We were fine with CJ at RWB. He then went LWB and our problems started as Preston had two quick lads to cope with. Once he swapped back it was easy again. Lucky not to have been 3-1 down at HT after that balls up, but DF changed it so well done!!!

We went 433 but it left us very short on the right. The goal came from a corner though so no excuses really.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:50 pm

Jamie wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:We were fine with CJ at RWB. He then went LWB and our problems started as Preston had two quick lads to cope with. Once he swapped back it was easy again. Lucky not to have been 3-1 down at HT after that balls up, but DF changed it so well done!!!

We went 433 but it left us very short on the right. The goal came from a corner though so no excuses really.

I actually thought Macc were decent, and might survive so all in all a cracking win albeit a tad fortunate.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:52 pm

I agree they were decent and played some nice stuff going forward. We were lucky not to go behind.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:55 pm

Thought they were one of the better sides to come to field Mill this season.

Will stay up if they keep it up.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Anybody else sometimes feel surrounded by idiots at Field Mill?

Stupid comment of the day goes to a bloke two rows behind me. 'Krystian Pearce isn't good enough, we should get a replacement and make Sweeney captain'
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:58 pm

Stoney wrote:Anybody else sometimes feel surrounded by idiots at Field Mill?

Stupid comment of the day goes to a bloke two rows behind me. 'Krystian Pearce isn't good enough, we should get a replacement and make Sweeney captain'

Sweeney was poor today in comparison to Pearce, but I rate all three of em obviously.

Teams that get promoted will win games when they don’t like very well, we were average today and came away with three points - JOB DONE.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:58 pm

The other MTFC played some very good football, if they keep playing like that they should be safe.

I didn't think we payed them enough respect, went 1-0 up and seemed to think we were going to stroll home.

In the end we ground out the win, Jones looked good when he came on.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:12 pm

We were very disjointed when CJ came over to the left.Preston is hopeless at right back.We looked all over the place for a while.I like CJ but he is no good at the back.I also would give Rose a start over Ajose who looked poor today.It will give us more options when Turner is fit.I liked the look of Jones.A proper right back.We have an excellent squad now and hopefully we will finish in the top three perhaps even champions.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:26 pm

geoffhill wrote:We were very disjointed when CJ came over to the left.Preston is hopeless at right back.We looked all over the place for a while.I like CJ but he is no good at the back.I also would give Rose a start over Ajose who looked poor today.It will give us more options when Turner is fit.I liked the look of Jones.A proper right back.We have an excellent squad now and hopefully we will finish in the top three perhaps even champions.

I can't agree with your comment on Ajose. He made countless runs, particularly in the first half, which weren't picked up. He had the assist for the first goal and worked tirelessly. I am afraid looks an absolute shadow of the player he was in his hot spell this time last year and I don't think he would add anything Ajose doesn't
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:28 pm

The change to four at the back was probably to confuse Macclesfield but all it ended up doing was confusing us - nobody seemed to know what position they were playing in. Glad Flickers saw his mistake and reverted back.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:31 pm

Today was a cracking day.

If you can put on a performance as average as that (by our standards) and come out easy winners you’re onto something special .

Macc looked a good side for 23rd and I think/hope that they’ll improve on their current form.

Given other results it’s highly promising
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:46 pm

We were better in the 2nd half but very much 2nd best in the first. Bish and Pearce once again our best two players, Pearce was my MoM. Macc are decent and their No 14 was the best player on the pitch.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:50 pm

geoffhill wrote:We were very disjointed when CJ came over to the left.Preston is hopeless at right back.We looked all over the place for a while.I like CJ but he is no good at the back.I also would give Rose a start over Ajose who looked poor today.It will give us more options when Turner is fit.I liked the look of Jones.A proper right back.We have an excellent squad now and hopefully we will finish in the top three perhaps even champions.

To be fair to Preston he made a brilliant t block at 1-1 to keep the scores level after Wilson hit the post.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:00 pm

3 hard earned points today, the match was a bit harder than I expected it to be , however Macclesfield played some decent stuff . When we went 1 0 up I thought another Stags goal would seal Maccas fate and that we could then go on to record a high score but it wasn't to be and Maccas thoroughly deserved their equaliser.
Bishop was very good and really plays with passion and deserved his man of the match award.
A bit of a gap forming now at the top of the table and I can certainly see us catching Lincoln . Along way To go but we are sitting in a fantastic position. Others have a game in hand but we have at least got points in the bag. COYS
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum