{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Steve Evans SACKED!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Steve Evans SACKED!

Postby scotsstag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:15 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I would be surprised if he got an interview, never mind the job.

That's because another vile, nasty scumbag has already got the job

The vermin that is Neil Lennon must be the most hated man in Scottish football by far.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:57 am

scotsstag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I would be surprised if he got an interview, never mind the job.

That's because another vile, nasty scumbag has already got the job

The vermin that is Neil Lennon must be the most hated man in Scottish football by far.

Only by the blue half ;)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby scotsstag » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:01 am

No, by EVERYONE other than the green and white hoops. There's a difference. ;)
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:01 pm

spanishstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Rob wrote:
Bros wrote:I see Rodgers is going to Leicester. I think there are direct flights to China from Glasgow

Celtic and Evans deserve each other :lol:

No offence to our Scottish friends on here, I hasten to add ;)

No offence taken they deserve each other both vile creatures

Mind you after steve clarkes treatment last week against rangers ,i dont think much of them either ,both deserve each other ,and i was brought up in scotland

I see the green sheite are now singing they want Brendan Rodgers shot by the IRA.

Class!
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:33 am

So I was in Peterborough from Thursday until Sunday filming the boxing for matchroom and sky... had a chat to some posh fans and told them I was a stags fan...

1. Evans is hated by almost all the fans.
2. They believe they're paying most of his signings championship wages.. 10K a week upwards for a few of them
3. Bennett is the worst defender they've seen who has been at fault for a lot of goals.
4. Taff still decent but can't have it at his feet, likes to just hoof it, they think he could play in the championship.
5. The football is much better since he was sacked.
6. Players don't seem fit enough in some games.
7. Posh players said training only lasted an hour sometimes.
8. Posh fans think Evans was tactically inept and played the same team, same formation, same everything no matter the opposition or score.

Im hoping its him done in football management. He'll probably rock up at Salford if they don't go up, spend a lot more cash and repeat.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Sedgwick wrote:So I was in Peterborough from Thursday until Sunday filming the boxing for matchroom and sky... had a chat to some posh fans and told them I was a stags fan...

2. They believe they're paying most of his signings championship wages.. 10K a week upwards for a few of them
3. Bennett is the worst defender they've seen who has been at fault for a lot of goals.
4. Taff still decent but can't have it at his feet, likes to just hoof it, they think he could play in the championship.
8. Posh fans think Evans was tactically inept and played the same team, same formation, same everything no matter the opposition or score.

Im hoping its him done in football management. He'll probably rock up at Salford if they don't go up, spend a lot more cash and repeat.

the real question is, did you mention derby county?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Sedgwick wrote:So I was in Peterborough from Thursday until Sunday filming the boxing for matchroom and sky... had a chat to some posh fans and told them I was a stags fan...

Very similar to the conclusion most of our fans came too.

I don't hope he's done. Would love to see him at Notts, Cheaterfield or Lincoln :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:49 am

It's difficult to forgive Steve Evans but he had got us up to 4th in the league by the time he left and I really enjoyed watching the Stags when he was in charge. Lincoln, Coventry, Cardiff away and County at home were great memories. He did generally try and get us on the front foot going forward even though he played more long balls. He wanted to get the ball forward quickly and then press high up the pitch. He made a massive mistake leaving the Stags as he would have at least got us into the play offs which would have added to his CV. I am sure he is regretting it big time.

I think his shelf life as a football league manager may have come to an end after Peterborough and the Stags. Football management has moved on and players these days cannot be motivated or improved long term by sergeant major types just screaming at them although some players have said he had a very funny side to him as well. However if you took over County, Macclesfield, Port Vale or Yeovil today and wanted somebody to keep them up then you would think about giving him a ring.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:56 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:

the real question is, did you mention derby county?

Of course I did, very proud of what I did there and still in touch with lots of great people in football because of it, it always comes up when you're not just a football fan like yourself ;)
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:59 am

Bet Evans will be on Sky for our game Vs Lincoln.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:00 am

lifestags wrote:Bet Evans will be on Sky for our game Vs Lincoln.

Evans and Matt green as pundits, that could be tasty!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:30 am

I bet they will have Ryan Lowe or Paul Tisdale as a pundit.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:25 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It's difficult to forgive Steve Evans but he had got us up to 4th in the league by the time he left and I really enjoyed watching the Stags when he was in charge. Lincoln, Coventry, Cardiff away and County at home were great memories. He did generally try and get us on the front foot going forward even though he played more long balls. He wanted to get the ball forward quickly and then press high up the pitch. He made a massive mistake leaving the Stags as he would have at least got us into the play offs which would have added to his CV. I am sure he is regretting it big time.

I think his shelf life as a football league manager may have come to an end after Peterborough and the Stags. Football management has moved on and players these days cannot be motivated or improved long term by sergeant major types just screaming at them although some players have said he had a very funny side to him as well. However if you took over County, Macclesfield, Port Vale or Yeovil today and wanted somebody to keep them up then you would think about giving him a ring.

I'm afraid his touch line antics took away the positives for me. It was embarrassing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Tippy still has a place in his heart for the Scottish manager it's plain to see. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Spiritater wrote:Tippy still has a place in his heart for the Scottish manager it's plain to see. :lol:

He was appalling, not as big a stain on our club as Haslam, but a stain nonetheless. I see absolutely no redeeming features in him. It is a joy to have DF at our club, talk about chalk and cheese!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:29 pm

Hey, hey, hey Rob I agree with you.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Rob wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Tippy still has a place in his heart for the Scottish manager it's plain to see. :lol:

He was appalling, not as big a stain on our club as Haslam, but a stain nonetheless. I see absolutely no redeeming features in him. It is a joy to have DF at our club, talk about chalk and cheese!

Now I really like to eat cheese, I’ve never tried chalk but I imagine it’s quite dry... may need some Branson Pickle with it...!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:27 pm

There were some great games i totally agree, but as already mentioned the difference between SE & DF is vast when it comes to the flow of play.

With DF we have a style and plan, whereas with SE it was just raw effort running around with little or no real game strategy. Results were borne from effort rather than effectiveness
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:It's difficult to forgive Steve Evans but he had got us up to 4th in the league by the time he left and I really enjoyed watching the Stags when he was in charge. Lincoln, Coventry, Cardiff away and County at home were great memories. He did generally try and get us on the front foot going forward even though he played more long balls. He wanted to get the ball forward quickly and then press high up the pitch. He made a massive mistake leaving the Stags as he would have at least got us into the play offs which would have added to his CV. I am sure he is regretting it big time.

He goes nowhere without a decent budget.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:10 pm

If he had stayed and got us up, everyone's view would be different (well maybe not Robs). My point being, all this hate comes from the fact he left and it hurt.

Its easy to pick on his (many) faults now when he's failed somewhere else and when he left us in such dodgy circumstances. Most fans were singing his praises right up the moment he left and rightly so, he did a decent job here and we were flying before he left.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Tippy Tappy has valid points and I was sad that Evans went the way he did as we were doing well under him regardless of all the water now under the bridge.
Agree, had he stayed and kept with Stags for a few seasons he might have done good things but Evans always looking for better and maybe his days of promotion are now gone and not sure he would stay in any job long term but he will live on those promotion memories and being a pundit for all his life.
Sad fat old man really!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:43 pm

The only redeeming feature that Evans had was that he was our manager, and therefore I had to bear him - other than that I didn't like anything about him. In no way was I proud that he was our manager. This wouldn't have changed even if he had stayed and got us promoted. I was sad when he left, but that was because it would have impacted our chances of going up, not because he'd gone. I got over it fairly quickly. His time is up.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:51 pm

We’ve got our self respect back now. Under that man we were the most hated club in the league for the bully boy tactics he tried to instill into the team.
That’s his Plan A and Plan B.
He has now been found wanting and is finished unless there is a club really really desperate
Good Riddance!
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:57 pm

We've had worse managers, but I doubt we've ever had one that was more obnoxious.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:02 pm

Jamie wrote:If he had stayed and got us up, everyone's view would be different (well maybe not Robs). My point being, all this hate comes from the fact he left and it hurt.

Its easy to pick on his (many) faults now when he's failed somewhere else and when he left us in such dodgy circumstances. Most fans were singing his praises right up the moment he left and rightly so, he did a decent job here and we were flying before he left.
No he only did half a job, which I would n't call decent. He lumbered us with expensive players, but worse than that the club were in danger of getting a bad reputation because of his antics.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum