{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

That second goal

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

That second goal

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Wow what a beautiful goal ,the way tyler walker ended the move was perfect ,he just stroked it in ,what a day wow
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Re: That second goal

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:50 pm

sublime pass from grant, i know its an easy cross but how many times this season have we got into position to cross but to bugger it up?

I think grant and ajose will be really good for us this season, some massive games ahead of us now with tranmere and forest green.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 pm

It's instinctive crossing. We usually take a touch and have a look at options. Walker and Grant have an understanding but if we just crossed it the strikers will learn where certain players will cross the ball and will look to get on the end of it. That extra touch to think about gives defenders extra time to close down the receivers.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:13 pm

looked like he was on the training ground, with how casually he stroked it in, no pressure there!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:40 pm

Absolutely class finish from Tyler again. Best striker in this division imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:50 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Absolutely class finish from Tyler again. Best striker in this division imo.

He’s becoming a consistent goal scorer rather than playing in bursts which a massive improvement from the start of the season.
He seems to have a great understanding with Grant so hopefully more chances and more goals, he might not have started the season the best striker but could be set to finish it that way if he carries on.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:05 pm

It was simply brilliant ,every time i see it it reminds me of the brazil goal in 1970 ,just brilliant
And yes i know its nothing like it really ,its the pass and the finish im on about
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:41 pm

Not only was Tyler's finish class - but also the way he controlled the long ball before passing it it to Grant showed a great touch and awareness.

Walker, Ajose, Hamilton and Grant must strike fear into league 2 defences at the moment. Hope we can capitilise on this great opportunity, as we may not have any of them next year if we don't get promoted.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:30 pm

I don’t think he’ll be playing for Basford next season. Do you ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Agree that looked effortless to me and Grant is definitely a class act too and seems a natural catalyst for Walker's goals.

I like the cut of Ajose too and his pass for CJ was also very very high quality and his body language after scoring showed he is up for the new challenge.

We might be in for a big 5 nil score soon...hopefully in our favour.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:01 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Agree that looked effortless to me and Grant is definitely a class act too and seems a natural catalyst for Walker's goals.

I like the cut of Ajose too and his pass for CJ was also very very high quality and his body language after scoring showed he is up for the new challenge.

We might be in for a big 5 nil score soon...hopefully in our favour, and hopefully on the 16th of February at the Lane :D .

You missed a bit.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum