{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Foggy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:16 am

part time pete wrote:Should have just gone to their ticket office and bought them for cash.

I should have done, I can see Meadow Lane from my house :lol:
Foggy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:21 am

Foggy wrote:
part time pete wrote:Should have just gone to their ticket office and bought them for cash.

I should have done, I can see Meadow Lane from my house :lol:

You could still do that couldn’t you ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:21 am

It's pretty simple if you've paid with your debit/credit card, they'll just look on their own system to see if you've got any other purchase history. If you haven't & you live over this way then they'll just assume your Stags fans. It's interesting that Foggy got rumbled when he/she lives right near Meadow Lane though, that's intriguing.

I'm not sure if clubs can share your details or not but it wouldn't surprise me if they did especially if the police are involved.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:37 am

Dan wrote:It's pretty simple if you've paid with your debit/credit card, they'll just look on their own system to see if you've got any other purchase history. If you haven't & you live over this way then they'll just assume your Stags fans. It's interesting that Foggy got rumbled when he/she lives right near Meadow Lane though, that's intriguing.

I'm not sure if clubs can share your details or not but it wouldn't surprise me if they did especially if the police are involved.

When does GDPR or what ever it’s called come into play.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
Dan wrote:It's pretty simple if you've paid with your debit/credit card, they'll just look on their own system to see if you've got any other purchase history. If you haven't & you live over this way then they'll just assume your Stags fans. It's interesting that Foggy got rumbled when he/she lives right near Meadow Lane though, that's intriguing.

Yes exactly they shouldn't be able to do that. My guess would be they search your name on Facebook, it's usually quite obvious from there if you're a stags fan or not.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:53 am

What bull. It’s County v Mansfield not Lazio v Roma
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:59 am

Richard Cranium wrote:What bull. It’s County v Mansfield not Lazio v Roma

The plod would have you believe it's river plate vs boca juniors :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:34 pm

Stag95 wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

Yes exactly they shouldn't be able to do that. My guess would be they search your name on Facebook, it's usually quite obvious from there if you're a stags fan or not.

Not sure but we know that in the past our club (under previous owner!) shared our data with the police and also the local MP because if you remember he started taking legal action against a Stags fan whose address he got from the clubs season ticket data. But he started suing the wrong person as there were 2 Stags fans with the same name. So if the police ask the clubs for peoples details don't be surprised when they give it, whether you know about it or not.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stowestag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:53 pm

Stowestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:58 pm

I think that's the capacity issue explained, perhaps they could have done that at the outset? Not sure how they can stop folk who have a Notts fan as a mate getting tickets ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:59 pm

"Any new registrations on Notts’ ticketing database are being cross-checked with Mansfield"

There you go!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:00 pm

Stowestag wrote:https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/mansfield-fans-home-areas-070219/

No we don't understand, the stand and concourse was designed for that many people wasn't it.
The bit I really don't get is its a bloody football match, if we want to sit there quite friendly and watch a game of footy why cant we, its not a nanny state yet is it ?
How over the top and totally against a persons right, isn't it???
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:02 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Stowestag wrote:https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/mansfield-fans-home-areas-070219/

No we don't understand, the stand and concourse was designed for that many people wasn't it.
The bit I really don't get is its a bloody football match, if we want to sit there quite friendly and watch a game of footy why cant we, its not a nanny state yet is it ?
How over the top and totally against a persons right, isn't it???

So they built a 5700 seat stand, but built it with a concourse that couldn't support that many people. Either they're idiots or liars.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:03 pm

It honestly feels like the plod are trying to stir up trouble at this point. Useless raspberries the lot of them.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:06 pm

I am sure they'll have a send out a similar message next season when they're at home..to..Dover
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:07 pm

Stag95 wrote:It honestly feels like the plod are trying to stir up trouble at this point. Useless raspberries the lot of them.

It's in their interests for there to be trouble. They will then be able to justify more policing for the next fixture between the clubs (if there ever is another one).
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:07 pm

Anybody that was in the concourse last season knows that this stand doesn't have the capacity to cope with 1000 extra fans. It has the seats, but not the underneath of the stand to cope. It was quite scary at times, any children or elderly people were definitely in danger before kick off, I saw one of the SSA regulars, the small chap with white hair, he had some rough treatment with the sheer volume of fans, I think it snapped his watch clean off of his wrist.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby StagsForLIFE » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:12 pm

In the spirit of Alan Partridge, give us a second stand you s**ts
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bigalstag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Then why is the ground capacity set to the figure it is. Surely, if that stand can never be filled, its capacity and that of the ground, should be lowered. If it was Field Mill, that would be the case. Not surprising though, with the bias the SAG has against us.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby ST4GS » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:40 pm

bigalstag wrote:Then why is the ground capacity set to the figure it is. Surely, if that stand can never be filled, its capacity and that of the ground, should be lowered. If it was Field Mill, that would be the case. Not surprising though, with the bias the SAG has against us.

The stadium (revamp) was designed and built around 25 years ago.
I would assume the safety certificate allowed these stands to operate at fully capacity at the time of opening.
Health and Safety standards have obviously changed and will continue to do so (more rigid) and as a result the stand is not safe for a full capacity hence the reduction for the reasons given.
In a few years time the stand's capacity will probably get another reduction after more H&S assessments.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Surely just kick off at 11.30 and give us 6000 tickets. Job done. Police are happy, notts make more money and are happy and we get more tickets and are happy. They all conspire to make things difficult I'm sure.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby steiner » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:What bull. It’s County v Mansfield not Lazio v Roma

This..Makes you wonder how notts plod cope when Millwall and Leeds are in town.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:56 pm

They would never be able to give us more tickets but should have given us the full (limited capacity) allocation in the first place.
All of their other stands have season ticket holders in each of the blocks and the family stand has special facilities for the kids ( similar to the QLE). It is rare that they would sell out their away allocation so don’t make provisions in other parts of the ground. The Jimmy Sirrel stand is one of the biggest away areas in the L1 and L2 ( Coventry, MK, Bradford (Midland road stand))
I guess that even if you have been rumbled for buying tickets online you could still go to the ground and pay cash. You’ll just have to sit on your hands and hold your tongue. The stewards and police will be busy stopping Notts fans fighting amongst them selves anyway!
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Stag95 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:59 pm

You can't pay on the day I believe, hence the issue.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby AdamAborigine » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:54 pm

StagsForLIFE wrote:In the spirit of Alan Partridge, give us a second stand you s**ts

Can't wait to see Jorge Grant score. He must have a foot like a traction engine.
AdamAborigine
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum