{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Foggy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:16 pm

part time pete wrote:Should have just gone to their ticket office and bought them for cash.


I should have done, I can see Meadow Lane from my house :lol:
User avatar
Foggy
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:07 am

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:21 pm

Foggy wrote:
part time pete wrote:Should have just gone to their ticket office and bought them for cash.


I should have done, I can see Meadow Lane from my house :lol:


You could still do that couldn’t you ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:21 pm

It's pretty simple if you've paid with your debit/credit card, they'll just look on their own system to see if you've got any other purchase history. If you haven't & you live over this way then they'll just assume your Stags fans. It's interesting that Foggy got rumbled when he/she lives right near Meadow Lane though, that's intriguing.

I'm not sure if clubs can share your details or not but it wouldn't surprise me if they did especially if the police are involved.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6911
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:37 pm

Dan wrote:It's pretty simple if you've paid with your debit/credit card, they'll just look on their own system to see if you've got any other purchase history. If you haven't & you live over this way then they'll just assume your Stags fans. It's interesting that Foggy got rumbled when he/she lives right near Meadow Lane though, that's intriguing.

I'm not sure if clubs can share your details or not but it wouldn't surprise me if they did especially if the police are involved.


When does GDPR or what ever it’s called come into play.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Stag95 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:42 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Dan wrote:It's pretty simple if you've paid with your debit/credit card, they'll just look on their own system to see if you've got any other purchase history. If you haven't & you live over this way then they'll just assume your Stags fans. It's interesting that Foggy got rumbled when he/she lives right near Meadow Lane though, that's intriguing.

I'm not sure if clubs can share your details or not but it wouldn't surprise me if they did especially if the police are involved.


When does GDPR or what ever it’s called come into play.

Yes exactly they shouldn't be able to do that. My guess would be they search your name on Facebook, it's usually quite obvious from there if you're a stags fan or not.
Stag95
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:53 pm

What bullshit. It’s County v Mansfield not Lazio v Roma
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2992
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby adamstag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:What bullshit. It’s County v Mansfield not Lazio v Roma


The plod would have you believe it's river plate vs boca juniors :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6884
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:34 pm

Stag95 wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
Dan wrote:It's pretty simple if you've paid with your debit/credit card, they'll just look on their own system to see if you've got any other purchase history. If you haven't & you live over this way then they'll just assume your Stags fans. It's interesting that Foggy got rumbled when he/she lives right near Meadow Lane though, that's intriguing.

I'm not sure if clubs can share your details or not but it wouldn't surprise me if they did especially if the police are involved.


When does GDPR or what ever it’s called come into play.

Yes exactly they shouldn't be able to do that. My guess would be they search your name on Facebook, it's usually quite obvious from there if you're a stags fan or not.


Not sure but we know that in the past our club (under previous owner!) shared our data with the police and also the local MP because if you remember he started taking legal action against a Stags fan whose address he got from the clubs season ticket data. But he started suing the wrong person as there were 2 Stags fans with the same name. So if the police ask the clubs for peoples details don't be surprised when they give it, whether you know about it or not.
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6911
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Stowestag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:53 pm

Stowestag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:12 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Rob » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:58 pm

I think that's the capacity issue explained, perhaps they could have done that at the outset? Not sure how they can stop folk who have a Notts fan as a mate getting tickets ;)
Rob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4494
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:59 pm

"Any new registrations on Notts’ ticketing database are being cross-checked with Mansfield"

There you go!
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6911
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 pm

Stowestag wrote:https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/mansfield-fans-home-areas-070219/


No we don't understand, the stand and concourse was designed for that many people wasn't it.
The bit I really don't get is its a bloody football match, if we want to sit there quite friendly and watch a game of footy why cant we, its not a nanny state yet is it ?
How over the top and totally against a persons right, isn't it???
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5871
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby ParisStag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Stowestag wrote:https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/mansfield-fans-home-areas-070219/


No we don't understand, the stand and concourse was designed for that many people wasn't it.
The bit I really don't get is its a bloody football match, if we want to sit there quite friendly and watch a game of footy why cant we, its not a nanny state yet is it ?
How over the top and totally against a persons right, isn't it???


So they built a 5700 seat stand, but built it with a concourse that couldn't support that many people. Either they're idiots or liars.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4926
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Stag95 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:03 pm

It honestly feels like the plod are trying to stir up trouble at this point. Useless raspberries the lot of them.
Stag95
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:06 pm

I am sure they'll have a send out a similar message next season when they're at home..to..Dover
stagsfan6493
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby ParisStag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Stag95 wrote:It honestly feels like the plod are trying to stir up trouble at this point. Useless raspberries the lot of them.


It's in their interests for there to be trouble. They will then be able to justify more policing for the next fixture between the clubs (if there ever is another one).
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4926
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby 88BenM » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Anybody that was in the concourse last season knows that this stand doesn't have the capacity to cope with 1000 extra fans. It has the seats, but not the underneath of the stand to cope. It was quite scary at times, any children or elderly people were definitely in danger before kick off, I saw one of the SSA regulars, the small chap with white hair, he had some rough treatment with the sheer volume of fans, I think it snapped his watch clean off of his wrist.
User avatar
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1085
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:29 pm
Location: Wrong side of the M1.

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby StagsForLIFE » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:12 pm

In the spirit of Alan Partridge, give us a second stand you s**ts
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:25 pm
Location: Mansfield

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby bigalstag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:15 pm

Then why is the ground capacity set to the figure it is. Surely, if that stand can never be filled, its capacity and that of the ground, should be lowered. If it was Field Mill, that would be the case. Not surprising though, with the bias the SAG has against us.
bigalstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby ST4GS » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:40 pm

bigalstag wrote:Then why is the ground capacity set to the figure it is. Surely, if that stand can never be filled, its capacity and that of the ground, should be lowered. If it was Field Mill, that would be the case. Not surprising though, with the bias the SAG has against us.

The stadium (revamp) was designed and built around 25 years ago.
I would assume the safety certificate allowed these stands to operate at fully capacity at the time of opening.
Health and Safety standards have obviously changed and will continue to do so (more rigid) and as a result the stand is not safe for a full capacity hence the reduction for the reasons given.
In a few years time the stand's capacity will probably get another reduction after more H&S assessments.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
User avatar
ST4GS
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby julianshatnasty » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:59 pm

Surely just kick off at 11.30 and give us 6000 tickets. Job done. Police are happy, notts make more money and are happy and we get more tickets and are happy. They all conspire to make things difficult I'm sure.
julianshatnasty
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby steiner » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:46 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:What bullshit. It’s County v Mansfield not Lazio v Roma

This..Makes you wonder how notts plod cope when Millwall and Leeds are in town.
User avatar
steiner
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:56 pm

They would never be able to give us more tickets but should have given us the full (limited capacity) allocation in the first place.
All of their other stands have season ticket holders in each of the blocks and the family stand has special facilities for the kids ( similar to the QLE). It is rare that they would sell out their away allocation so don’t make provisions in other parts of the ground. The Jimmy Sirrel stand is one of the biggest away areas in the L1 and L2 ( Coventry, MK, Bradford (Midland road stand))
I guess that even if you have been rumbled for buying tickets online you could still go to the ground and pay cash. You’ll just have to sit on your hands and hold your tongue. The stewards and police will be busy stopping Notts fans fighting amongst them selves anyway!
halifaxstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:18 am

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Stag95 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:59 pm

You can't pay on the day I believe, hence the issue.
Stag95
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby AdamAborigine » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:54 pm

StagsForLIFE wrote:In the spirit of Alan Partridge, give us a second stand you s**ts


Can't wait to see Jorge Grant score. He must have a foot like a traction engine.
AdamAborigine
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 10:14 pm
Location: Mansfield, United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests