{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Notts tickets

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:11 pm

The club should really sort this issue out.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:27 pm

I don't see how the club can be blamed for this really. They have got no way of knowing how many people are going to rock up to the window and how many tickets they are going to buy. If 700 have gone in the first 3 hours, it makes sense to put those tickets aside and then assess how many tickets you've physically sold too. Let's say for arguments sake that 300 people have been to club today, the ticket limit is 10 per person, if we averaged even selling 4 per person then that is another 1,200 tickets gone, so close to 2,000 in a day with the online sales. I think they've done the right thing.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby grufti » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:38 pm

there will be a 'Cron Job' that releases unprocessed tickets online. It won't be 24hrs though, my website used to run it every hour at 30 mins past the hour, so the most you'd have to wait for tickets to be released would be up to an hour.

The processing of online tickets will be to put them in envelopes and get them off sale, so they don't oversell and can take stock of the actual picture at the end of today. Sensible policy given the demand.
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:41 pm

Like many other season ticket holders who want to go with a friend(s) and sit together I had to wait until general release today to get two tickets together and I suspect many others were in the same situation.

The two lads manning the windows were doing their best but didnt anyone anticipate demand for at least this morning.......I got there at 9.45 and by the time I left at 10.40 the queue was bigger than when I got there. Sometimes we just shoot ourselves in the foot with our customer service.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Must admit I expected the four ticket booths to be open too especially with it being general sale , I'm sure they were all open last Monday ?!
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:53 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Like many other season ticket holders who want to go with a friend(s) and sit together I had to wait until general release today to get two tickets together and I suspect many others were in the same situation.

The two lads manning the windows were doing their best but didnt anyone anticipate demand for at least this morning.......I got there at 9.45 and by the time I left at 10.40 the queue was bigger than when I got there. Sometimes we just shoot ourselves in the foot with our customer service.

Think everybody just sits where they like at Clownty.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:01 pm

There was a queue first thing this morning but the rest of the day a steady flow to the kiosk .no big issues at all .dont panic mr mannering :D
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:10 pm

grufti wrote:there will be a 'Cron Job' that releases unprocessed tickets online. It won't be 24hrs though, my website used to run it every hour at 30 mins past the hour, so the most you'd have to wait for tickets to be released would be up to an hour.

The processing of online tickets will be to put them in envelopes and get them off sale, so they don't oversell and can take stock of the actual picture at the end of today. Sensible policy given the demand.

It probably is a cronjob, but whatever code is doing it would take seconds to update. You can make a cronjob run as often as you like, every minute if required.

Each session has a timestamp so you just flush every session older than say 60 mins but do that every minute. Its basic stuff.

Steve, if the club want a proper online system, let me know :)
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:36 pm

400 tickets left, so sold 3500/3600ish. Cracking effort, sell out with absolute ease. Lincoln were given another 300, wonder if we’ll get that too?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:48 pm

Ahhhh :o should've got mine on Saturday but the rain put me off. Does anyone know what time they start answering the phones in the morning? That's my only chance since they're not doing online sales now - ridiculous.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:49 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Like many other season ticket holders who want to go with a friend(s) and sit together I had to wait until general release today to get two tickets together and I suspect many others were in the same situation.

It’s a away game, sit where you like. Your ticket will have a seat but it’s unallocated really.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Only 400 tickets left
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:58 pm

Looks like a lot going to be disappointed
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:59 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Looks like a lot going to be disappointed

Think there’ll be a fair few Stags fans in the home end.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Stag95 wrote:Ahhhh :o should've got mine on Saturday but the rain put me off. Does anyone know what time they start answering the phones in the morning? That's my only chance since they're not doing online sales now - ridiculous.

Anyone know??
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:02 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Looks like a lot going to be disappointed

I can see an early queue forming in the morning
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 pm

I wonder if Chipolata will send us some more?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:35 pm

They gave Lincoln around 450 extra tickets before they sold out so no reason to treat our game any different irrespective of what has been quoted before.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:I wonder if Chipolata will send us some more?

It might out of his hands (for a change LOL), our faves Notts police may insist they give us more if there is risk that quite a few will buy tickets in the home stands.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:52 pm

Jamie wrote:
grufti wrote:there will be a 'Cron Job' that releases unprocessed tickets online. It won't be 24hrs though, my website used to run it every hour at 30 mins past the hour, so the most you'd have to wait for tickets to be released would be up to an hour.

It probably is a cronjob, but whatever code is doing it would take seconds to update. You can make a cronjob run as often as you like, every minute if required.

Each session has a timestamp so you just flush every session older than say 60 mins but do that every minute. Its basic stuff.

Steve, if the club want a proper online system, let me know :)

I've brought loads of tickets online for home games and it gives you a 15 minute window to purchase the tickets you've selected, then they go back on sale, presume its same with away tickets.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:19 pm

In the event that I don't get a ticket which looks likely now, anyone who has overbought or has a spare please can you PM me?

Thank you.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:08 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:In the event that I don't get a ticket which looks likely now, anyone who has overbought or has a spare please can you PM me?

Thank you.

There’s plenty of tickets, surely?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:13 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:In the event that I don't get a ticket which looks likely now, anyone who has overbought or has a spare please can you PM me?

Thank you.

There’s 400 left...
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:44 am

Foresttownstag wrote:

Thank you.

There’s 400 left...

They'll be gone by lunchtime.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:02 am

Stag95 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Thank you.

There’s 400 left...

They'll be gone by lunchtime.

Yes but the office doesn't open til 10, I work and can't sit on the phone waiting to get through and there will undoubtedly be a large queue.

I'll be rayt annoyed if I don't get one though.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum