{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Notts tickets

Postby halifaxstag » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 pm

sunray wrote:Part of the 5% goes to pay card fees and the cost of banking cash, so the club doesn't make any real money on selling away tickets.

Has Notts released any numbers on their home ticket sales for the game.

Of course, there are costs to taking card or cash transactions but we won’t have lost money. Cost of card transactions are typically 10-15p including any card verification. Staff doing banking,etc. are paid anyway. We will have paid some extra for part time staff but having sold out in a short period these costs will have been minimised.
Notts County obviously get the majority of the money but will have a decent bill for policing and stewarding on the day.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby MansfieldMick » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:07 am

Still a massive demand for tickets, loads talking about county end, this needs addressing soonest. Surely SAG, police and any advisary group must know this would happen. Let's hope common sense prevails.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:12 am

MansfieldMick wrote:Still a massive demand for tickets, loads talking about county end, this needs addressing soonest. Surely SAG, police and any advisary group must know this would happen. Let's hope common sense prevails.

You were doing well Mick till you mentioned those 3 groups and common sense in the same sentence :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:03 am

My advice to Stags going in the home ends would be to sit in the little one behind the goal. Less likely to get trouble there and if there are say, 1000 Stags all in there, police won't bother moving them.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stockportstag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:47 am

I presume that's the Family Stand ?
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:08 pm

If that's what the police are making fans do then fair enough - if there are away fans in the home ends when there is clearly capacity available and there is any trouble it's clearly bad planning by the police who've created it.

Hoping they're reading all these messages and use common sense - though I somehow doubt it :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:10 pm

Stoney wrote:Is there no chance they will give us half of the Meadow Lane end behind the goal? Surely they need every penny they can get and Notts police won't be happy with Stags fans in pockets all over the ground.

I said this on twatter last night, upset a few Notts fans who clearly hate us but like I said, they need the money so it would make sense (& be a lot safer) if they gave us 5,000 in the JS like they should do or give us the family stand behind the goal. Trouble is with that is it would never happen in a million years because they've spent quite a bit on that stand being for kids & have activities etc going on underneath it before the game so there's no way they'll move families with ST's or let a load of drunken Stags fans in there either.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:18 pm

I don't know the set up of Meadow Lane Dan. I know our QLE when it was built as the away end I'm sure was set up so it could be segregated and split between home and away fans. Didn't know if that would be possible behind the goal at Meadow Lane.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:14 pm

Stoney wrote:I don't know the set up of Meadow Lane Dan. I know our QLE when it was built as the away end I'm sure was set up so it could be segregated and split between home and away fans. Didn't know if that would be possible behind the goal at Meadow Lane.

They could give us all the Jimmy Squirrel stand which holds 5500 approx.
They could even net off the first three or four rows as segregation leaving approx 4700-5000 seats which should be enough.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:36 pm

ST4GS wrote:
Stoney wrote:I don't know the set up of Meadow Lane Dan. I know our QLE when it was built as the away end I'm sure was set up so it could be segregated and split between home and away fans. Didn't know if that would be possible behind the goal at Meadow Lane.

They could give us all the Jimmy Squirrel stand which holds 5500 approx.
They could even net off the first three or four rows as segregation leaving approx 4700-5000 seats which should be enough.

As said above, I still don't understand why you'd need segregation if they gave us the whole stand, stewards/Police would just position themselves at either end and in front of the stand. It's like they are segregating something that is already segregated, mental.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Barrel of the Best » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:15 pm

Looking at their seat planner there's loads of empty seats in the family stand.
As it stands it doesn't look like they've even sold a fifth of the seats in that section for this game.
Obviously that could change, especially if they beat Lincoln and FGR :lol:
Barrel of the Best
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby scotsstag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Be interesting to see where in the ground the Gimps overspill position themselves on Saturday.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:30 pm

Look on their forum ,they still giving it the big un about attendances and slagging stans fans off ,god i hope they go down ,and then some ,i bloody hate that club
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Barrel of the Best » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:37 pm

Reading the ground regulations it does state you can be ejected for sitting in an area not designated for you.

That does contradict some initiatives Notts have done in recent years though. Like trying to attract the student population that are from different cities and not Notts fans but staying in the city.
Also the cheap games and 'introduce a friend' ideas.

I know there'll be some Forest fans there so it's fair to say there'll be 'neutrals' in the home ends.
Can't see the problem if people behave.
Barrel of the Best
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ParisStag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:53 pm

spanishstag wrote:Look on their forum ,they still giving it the big un about attendances and slagging stans fans off ,god i hope they go down ,and then some ,i bloody hate that club

:lol: They don't call it Mardy Lane for nothing!

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.p ... 373&page=2
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:19 pm

The only reason Notts mention attendances is because that's all they've got.

Some irrelevant history? yeah - cool - well done.

Any bonus points at the start of this season for being good some time a long time ago? no.

Like some old senile pensioner who's wet themself remembering of the "good old days"
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby old ram stag » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:42 pm

just been reading the Mansfield thread on the Notts county board, they blame police and stewards for their lack of attendance at the Mill/ One call, are they that think that they dont realise it's the same police officers at Notts, Forest and our place?.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:51 pm

It doesn’t look like we will be getting anymore tickets, judging by the
silence from meadow lane
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BigGuy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:13 pm

it's alright, just go in the home end behind the goal (small stand).
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stagsfan11 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:17 pm

Posted in the Nottingham County thread by accident, but I’m looking for three tickets if anyone is selling. I know it’s a long shot..

We tried phoning over 100 times on Tuesday.
Stagsfan11
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stephen » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:31 pm

Stagsfan11 wrote:Posted in the Nottingham County thread by accident, but I’m looking for three tickets if anyone is selling. I know it’s a long shot..

Same here! I just need the 1
Stephen
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:32 pm

Stagsfan11 wrote:Posted in the Nottingham County thread by accident, but I’m looking for three tickets if anyone is selling. I know it’s a long shot..

Come in the Derek Pavis Stand with the rest of us
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:37 pm

The way things are going, there will be enough Stags in the home ends that celebrating a goal won't be an issue!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bozzy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:56 pm

Have we been told no more tickets being made available ? If so main stand it is 4 of us..
bozzy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 pm

bozzy wrote:Have we been told no more tickets being made available ? If so main stand it is 4 of us..

No we've not been told yet but you'd imagine if they were going to allot a further batch they'd have done it by now. Plod n SAG probably put a stick through the spokes of the idea and sent it arse over t it.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum