{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by a day too late

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

The U's scorefred sponsored by a day too late

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:24 am

Thought today was Wednesday and Wednesday was Tuesday and got really confused so I had a long sleep to get over it. However it's gonna be tough now the fred's up late. Will the new boys click better than Tuesday (or was it Wednesday) night? Let's hope for something eh! I'd take a point now if on offer.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by a day too late

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:40 am

Always positive so 3-1 to Mansfield

Grant, Walker & CJ with the goals. Would happily take a point though!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:41 am

With the football we play, and now with the added pace in the side, i think we'll be better away from home. Especially as teams have to come out and play a little more.

Think we can win this one, 2-1.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:53 am

I don’t think we’ll concede, and I think we’ll score.

So 1-0 to the mighty Stags ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:01 am

A point would be a cracking return from this one.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:06 am

0 3 to the mighty Stags

No one going to stop us now.......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:07 am

0 3 to the mighty Stags

No one going to stop us now.......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tinman » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:19 am

1-0 to Colchester

Please don't let me right twice in a row :oops:

According to the wife i'm never right twice in succession, so my score prediction looks doomed to failure :P
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:27 am

In a bleak cold and soulless modern ‘stadium’ on a pitch that is lashed by freezing winds and surrounded by empty plastic seats for ‘customers’ the Stags prevail. A two nil win with goals scored by Walker and Grant. Bishop gets man of the match with the travelling fans coming away from the pitch wondering how Hayden ever knows what his legs are up to, either each individually or collectively?

:coys:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:13 am

i'll take a positive performance draw.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:24 am

Exactly - i'd be happy with a point now with a good performance
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 am

I've been to this desolate, isolated, out of town 'community centre' several times and not once have I enjoyed myself. I'd prefer to watch many of the several tribute acts they have there. Tom Jones maybe. It's atmosphere is so bad you can hear the cars driving down the adjact A-road. It lacks everything you want from an away day. You can't even get the train there. It's rubbish. Very very very bad day out.

Last season's trip there was a horrible display and lead Steve Evans to get into an argument with us fans for booing how bad it was. And it was bad.

Thinking a win will be a tall order given our performances lately have been pretty ordinary. A draw won't be bad, but a win would be an amazing result.

It's definitely going to be tough. One of the toughest yet.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:24 pm

They were awful when I was there last week. Notts went 3-1 up in the first half. We need to get at them early because their fans turn really quickly. Don't concede early as that will help them. Get plenty of crosses in & we'll win because they're awful on crosses. I'll go 3-1 Stags.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:26 pm

would take a point and a solid performance.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Dan wrote:They were awful when I was there last week. Notts went 3-1 up in the first half. We need to get at them early because their fans turn really quickly. Don't concede early as that will help them. Get plenty of crosses in & we'll win because they're awful on crosses. I'll go 3-1 Stags.

"Don't concede early as that will help them."

Solid advice that, Dan. :D
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:45 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Dan wrote:They were awful when I was there last week. Notts went 3-1 up in the first half. We need to get at them early because their fans turn really quickly. Don't concede early as that will help them. Get plenty of crosses in & we'll win because they're awful on crosses. I'll go 3-1 Stags.

Must admit any side that lets 3 in against county in 45 minutes must have had a shocker
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:53 pm

We don’t score headed goals from open play We’ve not got a centre forward who’d you say was brilliant in the Air Danny Rose probably the best header of the ball we have in that area.
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:54 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

We don’t score headed goals from open play We’ve not got a centre forward who’d you say was brilliant in the Air Danny Rose probably the best header of the ball we have in that area.

We scored from a cross on Tuesday.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:58 pm

James wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

I did say headed !
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:13 pm

I guess it depends on what Colchester side turns up then? If it’s the one that conceded 3 versus County I’d expect us to win but on paper I’d be happy with a draw so I’ll predict 1-1.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:15 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
James wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

I did say headed !

Dan didn't...
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:15 pm

:lol: :lol: Honestly mate I'm wasted, I should be a manager ;) (I meant help their fans as they do get behind them when they lead)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:04 am

Dan wrote:

:lol: :lol: Honestly mate I'm wasted, I should be a manager ;) (I meant help their fans as they do get behind them when they lead)

Don't all fans of all clubs. The TRUE measure of a fans support is their support through adversity, through the tough times, through the 5 years in the BSP. I take my hat off to those that stuck it out and now they are reaping some reward for their loyalty. Folks such as Deano and the regulars on the SSA bus, Leanne and the little band from OSSC and the Westfield boys and girls who all give magnificent support away. For some of them now is the best they'll have ever seen of the club. Let's hope it cements their support forever as did the glory years of the mid 70's did for me. It's a real pity the town is still struggling to fall in love with it's football club again, but slowly, slowly there are signs it's beginning to take notice which even I will admit.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:00 am

If we win at Col U then I really will start getting excited about automatic promotion. We have not had much luck there in the last two games. We have dominated the 2nd halfs in both games but could not put the ball in the net and walked away with a 2-0 defeat. I will still argue that last year's performance was not that bad. There were other games when we were far poorer under Evans and DF. The first goal will be vital. We need to go a goal up and put the pressure on them instead of us chasing the game.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:53 am

Foresttownstag wrote:Always positive so 3-1 to Mansfield

Grant, Walker & CJ with the goals. Would happily take a point though!

I agree with the scorers but going 0 3 Coys
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum