{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by a day too late

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by a day too late

Postby manssmooth » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:30 pm

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but.............................there's some seriously weird folk on ere!

Writing the team of before half time, wow!
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:34 pm

Spiritater wrote:It seems as though you'd conceded the points before the final whistle.

I certainly had Mark and I'm sure most of the fans there thought the same. 2-0 down away at Colchester usually means curtains for the Stags. Sweet revenge for dominating the 2nd halfs in the last two away games against them and getting nowt. A season defining victory. Just need to keep it going now against Tranmere Rovers, FGR and County.

Have you had a few shandies to celebrate? :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:35 pm

When was the last time we came back from being 2-0 down away to win? Home or away?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:38 pm

Rob wrote:Very embarrassed for some on this thread :lol:

DF Barmy Army!

Ditto Rob
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:When was the last time we came back from being 2-0 down away to win? Home or away?

Dagenham away Oct 2015, we were two goals down and won
https://stagsnet.net/match/reports/view ... atchid=971
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Just looking back at results. Is it the best comeback since 3rd October 2015 when we were 3-1 down against Dagenham and won 4-3?

Where's Svante? :)
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:43 pm

What about games where we have been 2-0 down and won 3-2?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:44 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:When was the last time we came back from being 2-0 down away to win? Home or away?

October 2015.

We were 3-1 down at Dagenham and won 4-3.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Rob wrote:Very embarrassed for some on this thread :lol:

DF Barmy Army!

Ditto Rob

The result was so good because the first half showed no signs of life. If you were there, you'd have seen it with your own eyes. It was some turnaround! It's not embarrassing for people to think that we might not win 3.2, when 2.0 down at half time, away, against 4th in the league.

The fact it hadn't happened since October 2015 shows you how infrequently things like that happen. It was amazing to see that 2nd half performance. We deserved it in the end.

'its a funny old game's, as they say.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:59 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Spiritater wrote:It seems as though you'd conceded the points before the final whistle.

I certainly had Mark and I'm sure most of the fans there thought the same. 2-0 down away at Colchester usually means curtains for the Stags. Sweet revenge for dominating the 2nd halfs in the last two away games against them and getting nowt. A season defining victory. Just need to keep it going now against Tranmere Rovers, FGR and County.

I've had a few beers and laughed at some of the total drivel on here by such as Woodclanger. I was there and although the first half wasn't the best hadn't given up at HT like some on here. The first goal of the 2nd half was crucial and Colchester threw a proper wobbler after Nicky'd bagged. We are a good side.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:00 pm

First time we beat them at their place, since 1995.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:08 pm

Not from 2-0 down but we have gained 12 points from matches where we have been behind. 3 wins and 3 draws from only 9 matches. Lincoln and Bury have done the same but from 10 and 12 matches respectively. Only Swindon have done better but from 18 matches where they have been behind.
By contrast MK have only got one win and 3 draws in the 9 matches they have been behind and County have scraped just 2 points from the 17 times they have been behind.
FGR are the third team to only be behind 9 times this season.

So not only do we have a good defence but we have good resilience/team spirit and fitness to fight back when we are losing. Flitcroft should also take some credit for his attacking spirit and changes of tactics.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:20 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

I've had a few beers and laughed at some of the total drivel on here by such as Woodclanger. I was there and although the first half wasn't the best hadn't given up at HT like some on here. The first goal of the 2nd half was crucial and Colchester threw a proper wobbler after Nicky'd bagged. We are a good side.

:lol: :lol: funny how you singled me out since I yawned at your usual and boring apathy dig, far worse was said by others and I see you didn't mention my praise to DF for changing things.
Keep on having a go at the townspeople despite the fact that attendances have risen, fortunately they don't hear you, yawwwwwwwn
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:24 pm

Even early in the season when we drew all those games you could tell that we were lacking in the final third. It was noted, we tried to get by and did ok. We signed the firepower we needed in January and you could argue it propelled us into the automatics. We are now in a position where they are ours to lose. Before today mk dons could have caught us with their game in hand over us but now they cant. Ergo, ours to lose. So long as we equal or better the results of those 3 points or less behind us for the rest of the season we will be up there in league 1 next season.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:05 am

I think most folk was expecting a defeat at half time, especially given how we sounded over the net.

Not really anything to be embarrassed about given the first half and the form over the last few weeks.

Plenty of enjoyment mind, and excellent come back
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:19 am

adamstag wrote:I think most folk was expecting a defeat at half time, especially given how we sounded over the net.

Not really anything to be embarrassed about given the first half and the form over the last few weeks.

Well you and Darren certainly were expecting a defeat - which sums your attitude to our manager up perfectly. DF has done an incredible job this season, the sooner you, Darren and a few others start to appreciate it the better. Who knows, you might even start to enjoy this season!

I was delighted but not surprised by our comeback today, we have some fantastic attacking players and play such a positive brand of football you can see us doing this sort of thing. Not a chance on hell would we have done this under the funt.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:46 am

When was the last time we had a squad of this quality?
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BigGuy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:40 am

Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:I think most folk was expecting a defeat at half time, especially given how we sounded over the net.

Well you and Darren certainly were expecting a defeat - which sums your attitude to our manager up perfectly. DF has done an incredible job this season, the sooner you, Darren and a few others start to appreciate it the better. Who knows, you might even start to enjoy this season!

I was delighted but not surprised by our comeback today, we have some fantastic attacking players and play such a positive brand of football you can see us doing this sort of thing. Not a chance on hell would we have done this under the funt.

Well put Rob, the same people crawl out with their negative thoughts every time we go behind.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:37 am

Rob wrote:

You confuse hope with expectation Rob.

In a game where you are as off the pace as we were in the 1st half yesterday and 2-0 down you hope your going to win, but expect that you won't as those Lazarus type comebacks are very very rare.

It's also normal for fans to carry out a half time inquest after a first half battering and wonder where it all went wrong.

It's no more embarrassing than applauding the lads off after drubbing. It's what fans do.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:50 am

Well said Sneag
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:02 am

Couldn’t have put it better.

We sounded absolutely hopeless at half time. I think we were 35/1 to win with the bookies - why were they that high? Well simple really.

We do seem to be developing a worrying trend (if only 4 games) of starting slowly
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:36 am

There’s no doubt in my mind that there’s no way earlier this season that we would have overturned a 0-2 like we did today. It augers well for automatic promotion IMO
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:24 am

I've just been watching on YouTube the celebrations at the end of the game . Such passion from the players . Over 40 years of supporting the club , I think this squad's passion and togetherness us the best I've seen . From the manager down to the loanees, you can see the unity
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:27 am

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

In a game where you are as off the pace as we were in the 1st half yesterday and 2-0 down you hope your going to win, but expect that you won't as those Lazarus type comebacks are very very rare.

It's also normal for fans to carry out a half time inquest after a first half battering and wonder where it all went wrong.

It's no more embarrassing than applauding the lads off after drubbing. It's what fans do.

So it's purely a coincidence that the negativity comes from those who wanted DF sacked?

That's what annoys folk, it's like they can't wait until we are losing so they can stick the knife in.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:43 am

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

So it's purely a coincidence that the negativity comes from those who wanted DF sacked?

That's what annoys folk, it's like they can't wait until we are losing so they can stick the knife in.

And when we win it’s always “But I’ve always wanted him to do well”.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum