{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jorge Grant

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Jorge Grant

Postby lifestags » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:11 pm

He has very rarely gone to a 4 at the back though? So i cant see a dramatic change. (unless he does it tomorrow due to Preston's suspension and it works well)
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby West Ham 1969 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:13 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:there is only one place i can think to go now

http://boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2429

Number one topic on their forum....classic :D
West Ham 1969
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:30 pm

I don’t think DF will abandon the three at the back. It’s been largely successful this season. For tomorrow night I’d go with

Smith (L)

White Pearce Sweeney(L)
C.J. Bishop. Benning
Mellis. Grant(L).
Ajose(L). Walker(L).

Bench: Logan, Butcher, Atkinson, Khan, Rose, Graham. Law (or Smith) as the home grown player.

Preston to return in place of White on Saturday with White replacing Butcher/Atkinson on the bench.
Elsnik will be unfortunately left out until one of the other loanees has injury, suspension or lack of form.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Interesting thought on this;

I know we have this relationship with Forest but surely a big factor is how well DF has developed Hamilton and Walker (his best season yet). Hopefully he can do the same with Grant
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:56 pm

How old are these three Forest loanees? Isn't there something that only a maximum of four from one club and at least two have to be under a certain age.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:59 pm

part time pete wrote:How old are these three Forest loanees? Isn't there something that only a maximum of four from one club and at least two have to be under a certain age.

Max of four, only two can be over 23. Smith and Grant are 24, Walker is 22.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
part time pete wrote:How old are these three Forest loanees? Isn't there something that only a maximum of four from one club and at least two have to be under a certain age.

Max of four, only two can be over 23. Smith and Grant are 24, Walker is 22.

still room for that u17 international from forest then.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MOTG » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:11 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:This has really got to wind Hardy and County up. Told them only yesterday he was going to League 1.
Well done to all concerned Now keep hold of Tyler!

He is going to League One ! .....With Stags! COYS
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:06 pm

BoughtonStag71 wrote:Great news, do feel sorry for BIG Al though :hysteria:

Just tweeted him with a big Stags crest and the message
“Jorge Grant, he’s one of our own”

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:18 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Nice one belly
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby m1cksut » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:25 am

funny thing though, although clownty were after him, now that he is coming to us, it appears from their keyboard monkeys that he was actually rubbish after a pretty good first half of a season with them.
and lets be honest, they watch rubbish week in week out, so they should know! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:51 am

m1cksut wrote:funny thing though, although clownty were after him, now that he is coming to us, it appears from their keyboard monkeys that he was actually rubbish after a pretty good first half of a season with them.
and lets be honest, they watch rubbish week in week out, so they should know! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, they're not far wrong with that. He was excellent for half a season and poor for the rest of it, but so were a lot of their team, and it was his first full season in football. I've seen a lot of comments that even when he scored a goal, he had done nothing in the game either side of the goal. We'll soon see anyway.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:47 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
m1cksut wrote:funny thing though, although clownty were after him, now that he is coming to us, it appears from their keyboard monkeys that he was actually rubbish after a pretty good first half of a season with them.

To be fair, they're not far wrong with that. He was excellent for half a season and poor for the rest of it, but so were a lot of their team, and it was his first full season in football. I've seen a lot of comments that even when he scored a goal, he had done nothing in the game either side of the goal. We'll soon see anyway.

He's good enough to have played 20 games in for a League 1 team this season. Yes, he went off the boil last season, but their whole team did. When he's playing in a good team like ours, he'll shine.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:16 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:48 am

ParisStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He's good enough to have played 20 games in for a League 1 team this season. Yes, he went off the boil last season, but their whole team did. When he's playing in a good team like ours, he'll shine.

All you've got to do is look at their team - it's absolutely terrible - full of journeymen cloggers or pensionable forwards - I'd be amazed if anyone managed to look good in that shower.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:55 am

Will Grant have the same clause in his contract re: 'It must be noted that barring injuries or suspensions (insert player name) must play every game no matter how good/bad their form becomes during the contract's length'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:57 am

Stafford wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
lifestags wrote:Smith
Preston Pearce Sweeney
White Mellis Bishop Hamilton
Grant
Walker Ajose

What a team.

It would be even better if you included our best player.

Bishop is there...

Can't leave Mal out. He's one of our most consistent performers and arguably our best. I think the only answer is to switch to a back 4 and sacrifice either Sweens or Preston. On current form, I'd leave out Preston.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:59 am

adamstag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

All you've got to do is look at their team - it's absolutely terrible - full of journeymen cloggers or pensionable forwards - I'd be amazed if anyone managed to look good in that shower.

Well they must have been half decent given they finished above us and got into the play-offs, only losing to the team who got promoted.

I'm not saying he's not a good player at this level, just that the County fans are right that he did fade in the second half of the season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:01 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Glad you could, he’s blocked me :cry:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby northern stag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:02 am

ParisStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He couldn’t have gone that far off the boil if his fellow pros voted him in the PFA team of the year....unlike Danny Rose who fell off the stove !!
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:09 am

Everyone keeps talking about folk to get rid of - surprised so few haven't mentioned Rose.

Doesn't score, spends more time moaning and falling over than anything else
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:13 am

adamstag wrote:Everyone keeps talking about folk to get rid of - surprised so few haven't mentioned Rose.

as I mentioned earlier, we'd create more problems if we got rid of rose surely? we'd be light up front again if he went.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:13 am

adamstag wrote:Everyone keeps talking about folk to get rid of - surprised so few haven't mentioned Rose.

Like it or not, we were better with him on the pitch than off on Saturday. We need three strikers and Rose offers something different to the others.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:14 am

He hasn't scored a single goal in the league has he?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:18 am

Sedgwick wrote:

He hasn't scored a single goal in the league has he?

You're right, he's scored 4, one less than million pound man CJ.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum