{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Glovers scorefred sponsored by Bish's sore tab

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Glovers scorefred sponsored by Bish's sore tab

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Yeovil adapted better to the conditions.

If we were still playing now we wouldn't score.

If the rumoured £1 million is still on offer for CJ we should cash in based on his performance today. If he had squred the ball instead of shooting we would have been one up. Their next attack after that, they score.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Looks like Bushop’s red card has cost us six points
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:58 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Looks like Bushop’s red card has cost us six points

We wouldn’t have won, even if Bishop had of played.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Still no idea why CJ and Mal don’t swap sides when we’re struggling. Mal found himself on the right once and put in a great cross. CJ is mostly limited on the right. He was mobbed today and his one trick kept failing. He can’t cross with his right and he can’t whip with his left. Should’ve been moved to the left.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:01 pm

Pretty-much to a man, we were woeful today. We got the result our performance deserved.

It’s good that we’re safe from relegation though!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:08 pm

I said after Swindon that they showed the league how to stop us. Macclesfield showed the league we are suspect to long balls. Force us to go long and we do not have the personnel to deal with it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:10 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Pretty-much to a man, we were woeful today. We got the result our performance deserved.

It’s good that we’re safe from relegation though!

We were crap but worth a point.

Got to give Yeovil some credit today in taking full advantage of an extremely weak referee. It's gim to watch but for a team in a relegation scrap it was the sort of performance that digs you out the clarts.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:11 pm

Well done Yeovil but . is Pearce on? Shocking performance!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:15 pm

I don't think we have been found out at all . Teams will set their stalls and try and stop us playing , that happens when mid /low tabled teams go away from home . You see it all the time when teams go to Man City etc . We can't win every game and unfortunately we had too many players underperform today . You can get away with one or two but Flitcrofy could of subbed 6 or 7 of them today .
We made Yeovil look good by failing to do the basics .
If teams have just found us out then it's took teams a bloody long time to suss us . You would of thought at least one other team would of done it on that long unbeaten run .

I think it feels worse because we've lost two on the bounce . My worry is when cerain players have a off day we dont seem to be able to replace them with players as good . Our starting 11 seems guaranteed of starting .
All teams have shockers and games were you expect to win so I don't have a issue with it
A few this are a concern . The form of Rose and Khan . I do think Flitcroft made a error not starting Elsnik.
I know Butcher isn't everyone's cup of tea but I would of started him alongside Mellis . At least Butcher gets into scoring positions and knocks the odd goal In.
We were poor today but still shouldn't of lost .
I've be saying for months that a winger , striker and defender was needed and I'm more certain of that now than before . I hate us losing . It buggers my weekend up so hopefully a nice couple of signings will cheer me up .
It's a shame we didn't win with both Dons and Lincoln dropping points but we are still in a good position and hopefully this is our blip that every team has
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Have we been found out? We haven't played well since Bury.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:28 pm

James wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Looks like Bushop’s red card has cost us six points

We wouldn’t have won, even if Bishop had of played.

Have you considered that Bishop May have made a difference ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:28 pm

Was surprised to hear fans walking out saying we deserved a point, that puzzled me - no we didn’t.

I expected a response from the players and from Flitcroft after Carlisle, and well that was absolutely dire. Yeovil were absolutely dreadful.

The only positive out of today is that result raspberried county over

Need to win on Tuesday
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vinnie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Only bright spot for me today was Jordan Graham. Thought he did well when he came on.
Vinnie
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:32 pm

Man of the Match?

Couldn’t place one!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Vinnie wrote:Only bright spot for me today was Jordan Graham. Thought he did well when he came on.

apart from his glorious chance when it looked like he had all the time in the world to score but pretty much passed it to their keeper.

we need better up front sadly
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:35 pm

At least Two quality midfield players required and a striker who can bully centre half’s and win the aerial battle .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Vinnie » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:35 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Vinnie wrote:Only bright spot for me today was Jordan Graham. Thought he did well when he came on.

apart from his glorious chance when it looked like he had all the time in the world to score but pretty much passed it to their keeper.

Don't disagree, just thought he wasn't bad overall.
Vinnie
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:44 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Have we been found out? We haven't played well since Bury.

If that's the case why has it taken teams this long to suss us out ? We won away at Grimsby . Yes we failed to beat Swindon but I thought both teams played well . We can't play entertaining football every game and win every game . We were reduced to ten men against Carlisle on a poor pitch although admittedly they were better than us . We win some we lose some . That's football . If we have been found out by everyone then we might as well call it a day for the rest of the season .
We were collectively poor as a team today but that wasn't due to Yeovil finding us out . They were as bad as us . We lost Today because too many of our players failed to do the job they are paid to do .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby cerfjaune » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:50 pm

I wonder about the squad. Certainly none of the substitutes made any impression on the game at all, and on their performances today they’re not going to put any pressure on the XI that more or less picks itself. And I’m not convinced that Graham is quite ready yet for Div 2.

Obviously Tuesday’s game is very important. Win it and we should be back on track; lose it and the last couple of weeks will seem more than just a blip. Not only to the supporters, but worryingly to the players as well.
cerfjaune
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Vinnie wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Don't disagree, just thought he wasn't bad overall.

he didn't do bad but he doesn't look up to scratch just yet
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:54 pm

I was embarrassed with that performance to be honest, Yeovil time wasting and play acting was equally embarrassing.

I’m in shock about how poor we were, where the hell did that come from?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Conker wrote:I was embarrassed with that performance to be honest, Yeovil time wasting and play acting was equally embarrassing.

I’m in shock about how poor we were, where the hell did that come from?

For me it’s as simple as getting a forward who can hold the ball up. We haven’t got one. All the strikers seem similarish.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:07 pm

Showed how much we need this new striker. Unfortunately Khan, Rose and OSJ are not the players to sustain a promotion push, as I don't think they've produced a goal between them since October and don't look like doing so.
Typical of the club to pass over a chance to get a cushion, points wise, in the table. Thus it ever was.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:15 pm

tmwilson wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Have we been found out? We haven't played well since Bury.

If that's the case why has it taken teams this long to suss us out ? We won away at Grimsby . Yes we failed to beat Swindon but I thought both teams played well . We can't play entertaining football every game and win every game . We were reduced to ten men against Carlisle on a poor pitch although admittedly they were better than us . We win some we lose some . That's football . If we have been found out by everyone then we might as well call it a day for the rest of the season .
We were collectively poor as a team today but that wasn't due to Yeovil finding us out . They were as bad as us . We lost Today because too many of our players failed to do the job they are paid to do .

I asked the question because I wasn't at the game and we've dipped away and we haven't played well since Bury. You make the point that we were poor by our own doing rather than being forced into it. That is a valid point, thanks. You don't need to be so abrupt.

Shame we had to point in a different with potential new signings watching on.

Hopefully this isn't another false dawn where we slip away. We need to ramp it up and Yeovil at home is DEFINITELY points dropped.
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:15 pm

Sneags right, bad as we were, and at times some of the players did look like strangers to each other, we still had the lions share of possession and chances were made, we just couldn't convert, a familiar tale.
We've not looked great for a little while and now is the time for DF to show what he's about in terms of recruitment and motivation.
Walker looked like his mind was elsewhere for a lot of the game, and putting in a new keeper, well into a season, is often a gamble.
We need freshening up, a couple of new faces and a couple to go out, Rose for one, he just needs a new lease of life somewhere even if for a month in the NL perhaps.
It's not the end of the season, if this is our blip I'll take it now.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum