{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Glovers scorefred sponsored by Bish's sore tab

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Glovers scorefred sponsored by Bish's sore tab

Postby MOTG » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:26 am

daddycool wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Our most influential outfield players this season have been Neal Bishop, Jacob Mellis, CJ Hamilton and Krystian Pearce. Neal Bishop was missing yesterday and CJ Hamilton had his second poor game in a row. Krystian has been less commanding than usual in the last two games. I thought Jacob Mellis was one of our better players yesterday but he is much better when Bishop is behind him and he can get further forward.

Otis Khan and Will Atkinson had a big chance to impress. Both did OK. They were no worse than some of the others players but they had no real impact on the game. I would have kept Hayden White on as he was getting forward well on the right but his final ball/decision was letting him down. He has been in decent form in the last 6/7 games. I would have given CJ more of a run down the left as he is much more effective in that position.

The conditions were very difficult. It was very cold and windy at pitch level. We should have come away with at least a point and would have accepted ABD. It was just one of those cold and windy frustrating Field Mill days though. Hopefully we will all be feeling happier on Tuesday evening.

Decent summary

Pearce has not played particularly well since the " Foriesterri warrant issue saga ". I've noticed both he and Preston struggle against the smaller strikers who seem to be able to turn them too easily with the ball. Just my observations.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum