{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

reserves vs Rotherham

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: reserves vs Rotherham

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:48 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17952
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: reserves vs Rotherham

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:55 pm

Butcher is a bit of an enigma, pays sometimes brilliantly but has never been able to get a run of consistency and has been in and out too much really but good squad player.
Looks from reserves video that Butch needs to shed a few pounds.
Mirfin looked poor in first goal and well off the pace but that's to be expected.
Khan seemed keen enough and hoping he is going to come back at some stage as he must be a high earner.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 am

Re: reserves vs Rotherham

Postby Gruff » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Their No. 9 Lewthwaite, who scored their goal, certainly took it well. Nice drop of the shoulder to create the chance and a calm finish.... He's also about 9 foot tall by the look of it.
User avatar
Gruff
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:42 am

Re: reserves vs Rotherham

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Didn't recognise the kit they were wearing, is it the new home kit?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 18968
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: reserves vs Rotherham

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:57 pm

Spiritater wrote:Didn't recognise the kit they were wearing, is it the new home kit?

it's the 2013-14 home kit I think
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17952
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: reserves vs Rotherham

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:53 pm

tillydog123 wrote:Butcher is a bit of an enigma, pays sometimes brilliantly but has never been able to get a run of consistency and has been in and out too much really but good squad player.
Looks from reserves video that Butch needs to shed a few pounds.
Mirfin looked poor in first goal and well off the pace but that's to be expected.
Khan seemed keen enough and hoping he is going to come back at some stage as he must be a high earner.


Apart from his debut, and possibly Lincoln away last season, can anyone remember Butcher playing well in a league game?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3773
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: reserves vs Rotherham

Postby ladybr00kjohn » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:57 pm

As expected Jake Kean will leave soon can someone tell me is Sam Wilson not good enough as second keeper or am I missing something. The lad should be given a chance and experience.
ladybr00kjohn
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Re: reserves vs Rotherham

Postby Kernow » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Totally agree, been saying it for a long time !!!!
Kernow
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: reserves vs Rotherham

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 pm

ladybr00kjohn wrote:As expected Jake Kean will leave soon can someone tell me is Sam Wilson not good enough as second keeper or am I missing something. The lad should be given a chance and experience.


The lads playing week in week out gaining valuable experience.

Sitting here n the bench probably isn’t the best thing for his development at the minute.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4dstag, Butch, Google [Bot], HitchcocksShins, Stephen, sw19stag, Tippy Tappy Football, Walton Stag and 27 guests