{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Hayden's stepovers

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Hayden's stepovers

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Ft
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsForLIFE » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:59 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Technically we are winning the 2nd half 2-1 with 10 men.

Flitcroft out!!! They're not good enough!!! I could beat them in my sleep!!!
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:00 pm

The run may be over but it looks like we showed plenty of spirit which is the main thing.

Onwards and upwards
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsForLIFE » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Good comeback in fairness given they were all over us.
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:00 pm

with 11 players on the pitch second half who knows what we could have achieved
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:02 pm

Wait for it......... Here it comes..... The Staganet meltdown.......
Who will start the new Flitcroft out thread?.......
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Bradders wrote:Can players receive bookings after play is over and everyone has left the pitch? Does that apply after the end of the match too?
Losing interest in the game now!

Yes. I got booked once after the final whistle playing for the Royal School of Signals. I told the ref what I thought of him.

RSM wasn’t happy and I also got banned for 3 months. Not my first or last :)

Anyway it was a valiant effort with 10. Monkey off the back now and we move on

Flitcroft out.

That’s for Norman who just appeared like a well timed clock when we lose a game.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Those slagging off Bishop do realise what an absolute rock he has been all season for us dont they? And we dont even know what happened and you are all condemning him, could be a raspberries ref making a raspberries decision for all we know?
Give us a reaction at the next game chaos and get back on track.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Well we lost ,a bad day ,,just imagine being a nutts fan great draw at col u and still bottom
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:06 pm

I’d countenance waiting to hear what happened before castigating Bish.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Disappointing day. Of course we were bound to lose at some point, but we looked off I from the first couple of minutes. Bishop never got near a man in the middle and it set the tone, he’s been brilliant this year, just one of those days. No idea what happened for the red to be honest but realistically it was game over the moment we emerged with 10 men.

I do think the 2 goals flattered us a touch, it was a comfortable day for them but fair play to the lads for carrying on. Rose really poor again for me, his hold up play is nowhere near good enough unless he’s gonna drop to the floor - we need some form out of him. Logan distribution poor, particularly at the end when we just needed a straight kick at 3:2.

On to next week now, it’s been a great run but we’ve got to bounce back with a bang and 2 home games is ideal.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:11 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I’d countenance waiting to hear what happened before castigating Bish.

I agree to an extent, nobody knows what happened, but he’s not exempt from criticism no matter how good he has been (and he’s been brilliant). I’d suggest he should know better than to lose discipline at half time being an experienced pro but let’s see what’s occurred.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:25 pm

On coach coming home, first half we were poor, little movement all round the pitch. We struggled to find space. Their centre half's are strapping lads and gave our two no change. Bish was struggling to find the ball and you could see he was getting more and more animated. We only knew when the teams came out for the second half that Bish was not playing. Atkinson was cracking when he came on and should take Bishes place next week. He ran forward with the ball.
Carlisle took advantage of the extra man and we began to give away possession. This was not a good display today even before Bish was sent off. Two lines of defenders who bullied our players. We gave the ball away too easy and maybe Carlisle wanted it more than us. Onwards and upwards but this was a poor display by us today, even though we scored twice.
Last edited by Berryhillstagno1 on Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby HU7stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:26 pm

bellwhiff wrote:That’s for Norman who just appeared like a well timed clock when we lose a game.

A well timed what?
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:31 pm

Oh well it had to end at some point :clap: :clap: :clap: Let's hope we start a new run going very soon :head ball:

It appears a few teams are starting yo test the temperament of our players, in particul Bishop and Mellis.

:coys:
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:39 pm

To the guy who spent the whole one half shouting "come on, come on", what did you want them to with two goals and a man down?. They practice the formation for this eventuality. Give them a break.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Carlisle did a very good job on us and looked dangerous all the time but all credit to The Stags, we kept battling despite not being on our game and pulled it back to within one goal.
I can sympathise with Bishop to a certain extent, he got chopped down badly, the perpetrator went over to him while he was on the ground, obviously said something which Bishop got booked for but only him which was bizarre, considering how cynical the foul was.

Onwards and upwards, we weren't going to go the rest of the season without losing, the sign of a good team is to put it right next game.

Not too disappointed to be honest, we were beaten by the better team.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:51 pm

stag861 wrote:To the guy who spent the whole one half shouting "come on, come on", what did you want them to with two goals and a man down?. They practice the formation for this eventuality. Give them a break.

I had couple like that behind me, so negative towards the players, club and totally ignoring what they have achieved. In essence they were loving the fact we weren't at the races.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:53 pm

Interested to get peoples thoughts on Danny Rose... I’m not looking for a scapegoat before anybody starts as nobody can put today’s performance down to him, but his performances have been below par for a couple of months now and think it is a discussion point considering how important he was to us last year. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he’s scored in the league since the comedy goal at Bury? At Grimsby I thought any move broke down as soon as it got to Rose, and today similar, not heading it, not making many runs, not shooting, not holding it up well - Walker would have been hammered (again, not that I’m looking for that). Poor run of form for him and I hope he finds form soon!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:55 pm

It's all about how we react to this defeat, and Yeovil at home is a perfect chance to get back to winning ways.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:58 pm

I agree about Rose didn't play well.at Grimsby and looks way out of form. Let's see who DF brings in
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:03 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Interested to get peoples thoughts on Danny Rose... I’m not looking for a scapegoat before anybody starts as nobody can put today’s performance down to him, but his performances have been below par for a couple of months now and think it is a discussion point considering how important he was to us last year. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he’s scored in the league since the comedy goal at Bury? At Grimsby I thought any move broke down as soon as it got to Rose, and today similar, not heading it, not making many runs, not shooting, not holding it up well - Walker would have been hammered (again, not that I’m looking for that). Poor run of form for him and I hope he finds form soon!
I don't think he fits our style of play. Time to go I think.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:05 pm

Let’s move on now
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Get shut of Rose and bring in a player who respects the club and owners

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:35 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Interested to get peoples thoughts on Danny Rose... I’m not looking for a scapegoat before anybody starts as nobody can put today’s performance down to him, but his performances have been below par for a couple of months now and think it is a discussion point considering how important he was to us last year. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think he’s scored in the league since the comedy goal at Bury? At Grimsby I thought any move broke down as soon as it got to Rose, and today similar, not heading it, not making many runs, not shooting, not holding it up well - Walker would have been hammered (again, not that I’m looking for that). Poor run of form for him and I hope he finds form soon!

I am afraid that Danny looked out of his depth today, each time he got the ball he overplayed it and killed the move.
I think I would prefer to see Jordan Graham brought on before him
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum