{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Conrad Logan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Conrad Logan

Postby geoffhill » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:06 pm

He is not the answer.Good shotstopper but his all round game is nowhere near as good as Olejniks.There is one goalkeeper in our division who imo is the best keeper in our league.His name is James Mckeown.He was responsible for Grimsby gaining three points at Exeter.Exeter had 30 shots 10 on target.15 corners against Grimsbys none.If you remember when we played Grimsby at home he was their mom. I hope gregg reads this post although he is already aware of Mckeowns ability.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Re: Conrad Logan

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:13 pm

geoffhill wrote:He is not the answer.Good shotstopper but his all round game is nowhere near as good as Olejniks.There is one goalkeeper in our division who imo is the best keeper in our league.His name is James Mckeown.He was responsible for Grimsby gaining three points at Exeter.Exeter had 30 shots 10 on target.15 corners against Grimsbys none.If you remember when we played Grimsby at home he was their mom. I hope gregg reads this post although he is already aware of Mckeowns ability.

The problem we have is that Bobby will be coming back so the question is whether we can justify buying in another number one keeper in January giving us cover for the team until the end of the season but four keepers on the books.

The other alternatives are to stick with Conrad, try Jake Kean or to risk a loan signing until the end of the season.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:18 pm

I really can't see McKeown coming here. Unless we pay over the odds for him.

Besides Logan was the answer today. He was the difference between 0 points and 1 point. His defence had such an off day. You could tell with how Pearce got in his face, he was frustrated with his performance and took it out on Logan. In reality he should be thanking Logan for his mistakes going unpunished.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:21 pm

Not been a big fan of Logan, but how anyone can criticize him today I do not know. Made several top saves to keep us level.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DE STAG » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:34 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Not been a big fan of Logan, but how anyone can criticize him today I do not know. Made several top saves to keep us level.

Agreed, Conrad is a great shot stopper, better than most keepers in L2, but Bobby is probably the best keeper in L2, big boots for Conrad to fill.
DE STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:41 pm

He’s a bog standard league 2 keeper and nothing better nothing worse.

I guess Logan’s obvious deficiencies were highlighted by Bobby’s excellent all round play.

He caused absolute chaos twice in the first 10 minutes again, but thankfully didn’t concede
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:46 pm

Makes 3 class saves today which ultimatley gained us a point.

He is backup to bobby. Everyone know it. Just support him
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:57 pm

Haters gonna hate
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Conrad Logan was arguably our MOM today with three or four good saves. Krystian Pearce had no right to bawl him out as it was Krystian who was dilly dallying when under pressure whilst facing his own goal. Krystian needed to put the ball in Row Z instead of trying to blame Conrad.

It also amused me that a few fans had a moan when Conrad's clearance in the 1st half from a Ryan Sweeney? back pass went straight into the stand. The fans didn't seem to be prepared to make any allowances for the difficult conditions. The Swindon keeper had to deal with the same clearance in the 2nd half ......and also put it straight into the stand. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:10 pm

Ridiculous thread
Hang your head in shame . Then again if your judging Mckeown by watching him against us you obviously haven't a clue . It wasn't that long ago that Grimsby fans were blaming him for everything , that he put in a transfer request when dropped and replaced by a young lad on loan , that no team came in for him when they went down to the conference . .
You may think we are a Premiership side with Premiership players Geoff but most of us realise we are a league 2 team with players who make mistakes and are not perfect .
Logan had a good game today and maybe that's why Bishop and Flitcroft mentioned in their interviews about the clean sheet . Th e only 2 goals he's conceded since coming back have been a penalty, needlessly given away by Preston and a goal against Stevenage that should of initially been dealt with by White and then by Benning and Sweeney.
Your entitled to make a thread about Logan but please follow this up with threads about mistakes and bad games about the rest of the squad . You will be a busy man .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:22 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Makes 3 class saves today which ultimatley gained us a point.

He is backup to bobby. Everyone know it. Just support him

Exactly, keep behind on the pitch and if you’ve any issues do so after the game or on here. If folk get offended by people expressing opinions on a message board they should get out more.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:28 pm

imo James Mckeown is the best keeper in the league
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:33 pm

Why McKeown? Logan made a few great saves today, let’s just stick the knife in when he’s kept a clean sheet. Yes he’s not the quickest, or commands his area brilliantly but wow what a shot stopper and McKeown hasn’t been that great either!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:42 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Conrad Logan was arguably our MOM today with three or four good saves. Krystian Pearce had no right to bawl him out as it was Krystian who was dilly dallying when under pressure whilst facing his own goal. Krystian needed to put the ball in Row Z instead of trying to blame Conrad.

It also amused me that a few fans had a moan when Conrad's clearance in the 1st half from a Ryan Sweeney? back pass went straight into the stand. The fans didn't seem to be prepared to make any allowances for the difficult conditions. The Swindon keeper had to deal with the same clearance in the 2nd half ......and also put it straight into the stand. :lol:

This, of course, is 100% what actually happened, most of the other posts on this thread are utter drivel by the predisposed.

Well done today Conrad.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:47 pm

Conrad is a great shot stopper no doubt, my only gripe with him is his speed to get play moving.

It stops a lot of our counterattacking play which was evident today (he was quicker against Bury and the performance of the team in part suffered today as it felt like the conrad from last season), has been said that Swindon did their home work and marked from the front but even when he had opportunities to get the ball moving he took an age.

IMO the fall out with Pearce was due to Conrad not commanding his area, Pearce was marshalling it back expecting him to pick it up but ran back to his goal line needing Pearce to deal with the problem.

I like the guy but the style of play is different under Flitcroft and suits Bobby more in that he is played more as a sweeper keeper. Logan isn't built for this style of play unfortunately. Will be interesting to see if Flitcroft makes a move in January but most importantly we need the defence to have confidence in the keeper as this was an issue (lack of confidence) that reared its head last season on occasions.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:50 pm

People slating Logan and praising a weasel like Rose who urinated on the club.

Unreal.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:49 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:imo James Mckeown is the best keeper in the league

No he's not.

Ive watched him probably 15 times in the last 2 years and hes no better than olejnik and his command of the area is probably only just better than logans.

The top keepers in this division off top of my head are the Christy Pym, Our Bobby, Josh Vickers & Ben Garratt.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:23 am

Clean sheet, what more do you want from a keeper.
There's a certain irony in the Logan bashers posts, while most of the team are having an off day, Logan ensures we come off the pitch with a point.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:58 am

Keeper keeps a clean sheet...fans claim he is not good enough.

Can someone explain the logic behind this?
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:59 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:Keeper keeps a clean sheet...fans claim he is not good enough.

Yes, it’s all about the need to pick on someone. There’s always got to be a boo boy.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:02 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:Keeper keeps a clean sheet...fans claim he is not good enough.

Quite simple really, it’s called looking beyond individual results/performances and analysing what actually happened during the game. The same as the xG stats. The logic is the goals you score across a season largely equates to the quality of the chances you create. If Logan keeps making little mistakes hear and there, logic says over the course of a season they will be punished.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:22 am

bellwhiff wrote:

Yes, it’s all about the need to pick on someone. There’s always got to be a boo boy.

Like Danny Rose?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:26 am

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Like Danny Rose?

I’m not picking on him. I’m stating what he did and why I hold him in contempt for it. He’d get my 100pc backing while playing. I’m criticising his off the field behaviour. Not his performances. Do keep up.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:41 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

Quite simple really, it’s called looking beyond individual results/performances and analysing what actually happened during the game. The same as the xG stats. The logic is the goals you score across a season largely equates to the quality of the chances you create. If Logan keeps making little mistakes hear and there, logic says over the course of a season they will be punished.

Not great news for any player with us then is it ?
Walker , missed more chances than scored . Rose and Davies , say no more
I wonder what percentage of crosses , White, Benning and Hamilton have found their target ?
Missed tackles , poor passes , lapse in concentration can lead to goals against us . Bound to happen . Make sure you keep note when it does .
The two goals Logan has conceded since coming back have been down to defensive mistakes . Have you highlighted this are you going to keep pooping up with your comments about Logan everyone he makes a slip up ?
Hope you watched all the highlights on all the games from Yesterday . I counted 15 goals which keepers made errors . Thsee are only mistakes what led to goals . If you analysed every game , you would be talking about hundreds of mistakes from different keepers made yesterday , including in the top flight .
Pearce was poor yesterday , also lucky to not been sent off Imo . His refusal to pass back could of cost us big time .
Mistakes were made all over the pitch yesterday so why haven't you mentioned them ? .
Martin Shaw said Logan had a good game . Both Bishop and Flitcroft praised the clean sheet in their interviews and I was at the game and thought Logan had a good game .
Pearce didn't
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:42 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Like Danny Rose?

I’m not picking on him. I’m stating what he did and why I hold him in contempt for it. He’d get my 100pc backing while playing. I’m criticising his off the field behaviour. Not his performances. Do keep up.

His off field stuff has gone now, like DF's record last season. Time to move on and support him, he's a good footballer who just needs a goal. Your comments on Rose do contradict your backing of others.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum