{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Calling all our lyricists...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Calling all our lyricists...

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:12 pm

ParisStag wrote:Can we also please revive some classic belters such as...
"lay my bones in alcohol" or "we all live in a yellow submarine" ??


Amen to that.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Calling all our lyricists...

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:15 pm

15 games, 15 games undefeated.
15 games, 15 games away.
15 games, 15 games undefeated,
Playing the Flitcroft way.

And hopefully the number keeps rising.

To 'give me oil in my lamp'
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Calling all our lyricists...

Postby bux46 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:47 pm

I was trying to sing along to the chant of ..All the way boys.. at Grimsby but couldn't make out all the words ... Could we have a song sheet thread ?? we might get more fans joining in ??
User avatar
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Calling all our lyricists...

Postby Reidy211 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:56 pm

bux46 wrote:I was trying to sing along to the chant of ..All the way boys.. at Grimsby but couldn't make out all the words ... Could we have a song sheet thread ?? we might get more fans joining in ??


Are you on about the song
“We’re on our way, we’re on our way
To the league one, were on our way
How do we get there I don’t know
How do we get there I don’t care
All I no is Mansfield’s on there way”
Reidy211
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: Calling all our lyricists...

Postby Reidy211 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:58 pm

I’m a mazzive fan of the cj is on fire song in tune with “freed from desire”
Just seems a lot of fans don’t sing it :roll:
Reidy211
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:56 am

Re: Calling all our lyricists...

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:38 pm

Reidy211 wrote:
bux46 wrote:I was trying to sing along to the chant of ..All the way boys.. at Grimsby but couldn't make out all the words ... Could we have a song sheet thread ?? we might get more fans joining in ??


Are you on about the song
“We’re on our way, we’re on our way
To the league one, were on our way
How do we get there I don’t know
How do we get there I don’t care
All I no is Mansfield’s on there way”

I also wanted to know the words to that. Seems most just copied me on the 3rd and 4th line "hm mah mah mah mah" :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5110
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Calling all our lyricists...

Postby part time pete » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:23 pm

Shouldn’t it be their and not there.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5654
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Calling all our lyricists...

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:17 am

Reidy211 wrote:I’m a mazzive fan of the cj is on fire song in tune with “freed from desire”
Just seems a lot of fans don’t sing it :roll:




the CJ Chant to the scooter song is better that's why
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bradders, Chander Lear, DE STAG, James, kyle b, MTFCMusings, ninetytwo, Richard Cranium, Sandy Pate Best Stag, Sneag, stagtastic1, tillydog123 and 58 guests