{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tyler Walker

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tyler Walker

Postby Gruff » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:09 am

and what if Mansfield signed Tyler Walker in this transfer window?...
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tmwilson » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:28 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:This is why I do not like loan players (unless a deal has been agreed to sign them). They are not our players and it is difficult to plan ahead. You are also just developing players for the benefit of another club.

Precisely, and they don't really care because they are on loan.

Ridiculous comments from both the above posts .
Loans deals are loans deals . Both parties know what the agreement is . There are bound to be players who don't want to go on loan , don't like being at that club and under perform . Teams , like ourselves send players out on loan for a number of different reasons . It could be to get a player fit , to give them experience knowing they still have a future at their parent club or it could be in the best interest of the club or player that they do it so the player can look for another club .
There have been loan players I wished we could of signed , Whiteman being one . Other's haven't worked out and in some case they have returned before the loan deal was up .
It can be a hindrance or it can benefit you . It may of cost County promotion last season with loan players retuning earlier than expected .

It doesn't matter if they are on loan or not . We were lumbered and still are with players we wanted rid of because of full time contracts . The loan players we have this season have been brilliant so they obviously do care . They wouldn't be doing themselves any favours if they didn't . I would take all the players we have on loan over some we have under full time contracts .
I hope Tyler is here for the rest of the season but if he isn't then we have to thank him for his contribution and the 15 goals he has so far scored . It's a lot more than Rose has .
Wasnt Pearce initially on loan ?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:52 am

We all talk on here, express opinions and reinforce rumours etc.

Let us hope TW is here at least until May, hopefully longer.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Gruff wrote:and what if Mansfield signed Tyler Walker in this transfer window?...

I would assume we had sold CJ for £2 million to pay for him. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:06 pm

tmwilson wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:This is why I do not like loan players (unless a deal has been agreed to sign them). They are not our players and it is difficult to plan ahead. You are also just developing players for the benefit of another club.

Precisely, and they don't really care because they are on loan.

Ridiculous comments from both the above posts .
Loans deals are loans deals . Both parties know what the agreement is . There are bound to be players who don't want to go on loan , don't like being at that club and under perform . Teams , like ourselves send players out on loan for a number of different reasons . It could be to get a player fit , to give them experience knowing they still have a future at their parent club or it could be in the best interest of the club or player that they do it so the player can look for another club .
There have been loan players I wished we could of signed , Whiteman being one . Other's haven't worked out and in some case they have returned before the loan deal was up .
It can be a hindrance or it can benefit you . It may of cost County promotion last season with loan players retuning earlier than expected .

It doesn't matter if they are on loan or not . We were lumbered and still are with players we wanted rid of because of full time contracts . The loan players we have this season have been brilliant so they obviously do care . They wouldn't be doing themselves any favours if they didn't . I would take all the players we have on loan over some we have under full time contracts .
I hope Tyler is here for the rest of the season but if he isn't then we have to thank him for his contribution and the 15 goals he has so far scored . It's a lot more than Rose has .
Wasnt Pearce initially on loan ?

I agree, the loan players we have had this season have been fully committed.

I don't recall Pearce being on loan. I think he had been released by Torquay and we had him on trial during pre season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yellafella » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:42 pm

An outfield player (goalkeepers can be recalled in certain circumstances) on a long term loan can only be recalled by the club holding his registration if he is to be PERMANENTLY transferred. If a player on a long term loan is recalled by the parent club (I suppose this could happen if the player was particularly un happy or if it was deemed by Forest that the loan was not benefitting them or the player), he cannot be permitted to play for the parent club until the end of the playing season.

That negates some of the wild theories on here ie. forcing us to pay more of his wages or going into Forest's first team plans.

If he is to be sold by Forest then so be it, we will have adequate time and funds available to find a replacement.
yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Id buy him now if we could. He's brilliant and showing the difference in quality between him and any of the other strikers we have
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:44 pm

Gruff wrote:and what if Mansfield signed Tyler Walker in this transfer window?...

JR is putting a package together for him, if we get promoted!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:56 pm

yellafella, your comments are incorrect if there is a release clause in the loan contract.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:29 pm

First game since this Notts Forest loan recall matter arose and we and Walker draw a blank.

Maybe he's already gone (in his mind). Don't put a shift or effort in, avoid injury, move on to bigger (better?) things once the Jan window opens...

And if you fall for this I pity you (I had a "what would Norman think" moment :lol: ) 8-)
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:33 pm

He was our best player today.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:35 pm

Walker was excellent, only one who looked like scoring.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:40 pm

David Flitcroft confirms there is a recall clause in the loan for Tyler Walker, as is absolutely standard, and he hopes Walker will be here for the rest of the season and double his goal tally.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Jamie » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Agree he was good today. Linked play very well, had quick feet and controlled/held it up well. Deserved a goal.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:52 pm

[quote="Rob"]He was our best player today.[/quote]

Bishop......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:55 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Rob wrote:He was our best player today.

Bishop......

Bishop was awful, a rare off day.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:57 pm

He seemed to be holding his groin quite a bit second half, but he may have just been suffering with a frozen acorn.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:58 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Rob wrote:He was our best player today.

Bishop......

Not even close SINA, Bish had a poor day, but has been fantastic all season so I am sure we can forgive an off day - he was not the only one either. Walker, I thought, gave his best performance of the season.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:19 pm

wow opinions ehhh !!!

i thought Bish was our best player by miles 100% never stopped running
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Bish ran about lots and everone worked hard, but our execution of passes & decision making was poor all over the pitch today. Good point under the circumstances.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:43 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:David Flitcroft confirms there is a recall clause in the loan for Tyler Walker, as is absolutely standard, and he hopes Walker will be here for the rest of the season and double his goal tally.

Just what we dont need
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:44 pm

I agree re Walker being our best player today.

Bish was okay, I do worry about his rash challenges though.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:45 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:David Flitcroft confirms there is a recall clause in the loan for Tyler Walker, as is absolutely standard, and he hopes Walker will be here for the rest of the season and double his goal tally.

Just what we dont need

& please tell me someone asked him if Florest had activated this for him to return ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:47 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:wow opinions ehhh !!!

i thought Bish was our best player by miles 100% never stopped running

He looked tired today IMO. Lacking a like for like replacement for him so we can rest him in the odd game.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:57 pm

oldweststander wrote:Walker was excellent, only one who looked like scoring.

CJ had a shot well saved by the keeper and Rose had a header blocked on the line.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum