{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Robins scorefred sponsored by Lime green jelly party time.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Robins scorefred sponsored by Lime green jelly party tim

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:46 am

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Kettle as normal never let the game flow, how their number three wasnt red carded i’ll never know!

nothing clicked today and Logan still really dosent react fast enough, five or six times different players gave him an option to throw it out quick, he just didn’t take the opportunity

However clean sheet another game without a loss

still 3rd it’s not that bad really

I didn't think Kettle was that bad, I've seen much worse.

From refs in general or from the whistling Kettle?

Both. We've had worse refereeing this season. Kettle has definitely been worse when officiating us in the past.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:54 am

Hilarious how some are knocking Logan who has showed loyalty and patience yet they lionise Rose who took a big dump on the club, the owners and the fans.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:04 am

In the game I thought Swindon did a great job of frustrating us, we got more of the ball in the second half as they may have tired but they kept their shape well off the ball leading to us struggling to create many chances and looked a low quality game as a result.

KP and Logan need to sort their differences in the next couple of days. You’ve got to credit Logan for his shot stopping, but as others say his style is different to Bobby’s and 1 or the other (Logan or our style) has to adapt to accommodate. We still got a clean sheet which is a credit but it was harder to keep than previous matches.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:07 am

gazza1988 wrote:Sorry but, as captain, Pearce shouldn't be mouthing off at a team mate who saved his bacon. It wasn't conrad's fault. I don't know about you but if I'm at work and someone Messrs up and that same person has a go at me for it I'd do the same as logan did.

Pearce was poor. In that game he was poor I get 1 in 23 games ain't bad going. He was poor today. Or at the very least below average.

It's wasn't nice to see. Imagine what would have happened if it had led to a goal.

Both players are very committed but they need to sort it out. It bothered me when KP turned with the ball rather than pass back on too many occasions after the incident.

It is obvious the defence, and KP particularly, lack confidence in CL but equally after KP's mess up you could argue CL's confidence in KP has diminished.

I think we could see a new keeper coming in to replace CL. I don't think Kean is good enough to replace CL.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Like I said Bishop originally gave the ball away, I feel like the frustration I shown in the Bury matchthread with Logan is unfortunately shared with at least some of the squad.

He made some good saves too, it’s a stylistic problem.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:44 pm

Worst performance of the season for me. We were awful. Luckily they were even worse than us. What a crap team they are
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Stag95 wrote:Worst performance of the season for me. We were awful. Luckily they were even worse than us. What a crap team they are

Sweeping and simplistic
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:20 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Stag95 wrote:Worst performance of the season for me. We were awful. Luckily they were even worse than us. What a crap team they are

Sweeping and simplistic

And wrong. Obviously wasn't at Macc or Cheltenham
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:20 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Sweeping and simplistic

Must resist the urge.....
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum