{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Promotion

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Promotion

Postby ParisStag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:32 pm

There's just something about this team that instills confidence. I've seen plenty of promising Stags teams but you just know when a team is good for it. This team is, just like 2013 and 2001. It's different from the sides that were up there in 2004 or last season. I was never sure with those teams, but this just feels like our year.

I haven't seen a better side than us this season yet. I can confidently say we're the best side in the league. Win our game in hand and we're second, only 3 points off Lincoln with them still to play at home. It's on people!

COYS!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Re: Promotion

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:37 pm

Shsshhh
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:47 pm

Superstition ain't the way.
Stevie could see that this side are going up.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:48 pm

For me this team is now better than the 2001 team. That team was lethal out wide and had Greenacre scoring for fun but this side defends better and plays much better football.

If we can keep our main players Injury free I can't see how we won't go up playing like we are.

All credit to the gaffer.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Jamie wrote:For me this team is now better than the 2001 team. That team was lethal out wide and had Greenacre scoring for fun but this side defends better and plays much better football.

If we can keep our main players Injury free I can't see how we won't go up playing like we are.

All credit to the gaffer.

There's not much in it Jamie. The 01 side were a joy to watch at home but beatable away, this side is hard to beat anywhere and as good to watch. For me though, this side has yet to match the very best of the 01 side and some of those extraordinary performances of exhilerating football.

Above all today was just a terrific game to watch, so entertaining, excitjng, thrilling and packed with just great football by both teams. We are the best side I have seen in League 2, Bury are next.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:28 pm

This team plays great football ,knows how to win ,dont know how to lose but its only half the season ,lets just keep it to ourselves ,and see what happens
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:32 pm

ParisStag wrote:Superstition ain't the way.

Well you say that but I got a new pair of green doc marts in March last year that coincided with a dreadful run of results. I wasn't sure if the boots were cursed, but just to be safe I reverted to regulation black for the game at the prozac & we won.

This season the curse of the boots continued with a series of poor results. After the Exeter game I went to the DM shop & got yellow laces & that lifted the curse.

The cursed green boots are now the lucky green boots. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:11 pm

spanishstag wrote:This team plays great football ,knows how to win ,dont know how to lose but its only half the season ,lets just keep it to ourselves ,and see what happens

Disagree. Let's be loud and proud and make them fear us. Our confidence will help the players.

If we as fans start each game singing "we're going to win the league", everyone else will believe it too.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:16 pm

ParisStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:This team plays great football ,knows how to win ,dont know how to lose but its only half the season ,lets just keep it to ourselves ,and see what happens

Disagree. Let's be loud and proud and make them fear us. Our confidence will help the players.

If we as fans start each game singing "we're going to win the league", everyone else will believe it too.

If they believe it then they can take their "foot off the gas" as well.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:42 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Well, complacency is another matter, and definitely an important one to consider, but that's a job for Flicker and Futch to work on. Our job is to be cheerleaders (costumes optional).
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:43 pm

Sneag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Superstition ain't the way.

Well you say that but I got a new pair of green doc marts in March last year that coincided with a dreadful run of results. I wasn't sure if the boots were cursed, but just to be safe I reverted to regulation black for the game at the prozac & we won.

This season the curse of the boots continued with a series of poor results. After the Exeter game I went to the DM shop & got yellow laces & that lifted the curse.

The cursed green boots are now the lucky green boots. :D

Well I'm convinced. Wear them every game please.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Field Mill » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:51 pm

Thought we were great. A million miles from the grind of Evans. We look hard to beat and a real tight unit. Logan worries me and I think we need a few more goals in us but with players coming back from injury and a bit of fancy footwork in the January window we should be aiming for top 3. Atmosphere is fantastic.COYS
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:59 pm

We have to keep CJ, big month coming up!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:36 pm

I haven't seen any convincing info that anyone is after CJ. Should keep him fine
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:43 am

ParisStag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Well, complacency is another matter, and definitely an important one to consider, but that's a job for Flicker and Futch to work on. Our job is to be cheerleaders (costumes optional).

Not complacency I'd worry about Paris, it's the pressure.

We self imploded last season, albeit due to extraneous circumstances. I've remained quietly confident because I reckon I'd need a 10 year sabbatical from this board if we failed to go up & the hysteria gradient was akin to the North face of the Eiger :P

I'm happy to have the belief, but not make it an expectancy, given Stags are about as predictable as the mad hatter on prozac ;)

Maybe the last 5 or 10 games I might get carried away
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:07 am

Yeah, I'm usually cautious in my optimism, but what I'm saying is that this team is different. I'm cautious when I'm not as confident. This side makes me confident that the only way is up.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:20 pm

We'll be in the mix with pre season favourites Notts County to go up... oooh Alan what's gone wrong? Oh I see now I've got it misconstrued, they are officially the strongest team in the league by holding everyone else on their shoulders :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:47 pm

DF seems to have put last year's capitulation behind him. It was hard for him to finish off another man's job. I am starting to be convinced that we could do it this season.

Given what we know about DF now, makes you wonder why Swindon fans hated him so much! Given time to build he is doing really well, and hopefully can cap it off with a league title.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:25 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:DF seems to have put last year's capitulation behind him. It was hard for him to finish off another man's job. I am starting to be convinced that we could do it this season.

Given what we know about DF now, makes you wonder why Swindon fans hated him so much! Given time to build he is doing really well, and hopefully can cap it off with a league title.

A bit like sloppy seconds eh?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:50 pm

Haha. Yeah suppose.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:13 am

Great position to be in currently but it is early days yet and many matches to play
Optimistic but also cautious of getting too carried away
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:21 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:DF seems to have put last year's capitulation behind him. It was hard for him to finish off another man's job. I am starting to be convinced that we could do it this season.

Because he left them high and dry on the brink of the playoffs to come here. Much like how Megabus Man left us.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:37 am

ParisStag wrote:

Because he left them high and dry on the brink of the playoffs to come here. Much like how Megabus Man left us.

No I think they hated him while in post and wanted him gone for a while.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:21 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

No I think they hated him while in post and wanted him gone for a while.

My guess is DF works best in a setup that is patient and supportive from the boardroom down. Perhaps the Swindon owner & fans were too impatient or frequently gobbing off?

It's one of the reasons I suspect DF will stay here, as I doubt he'll find many owners willing to back him this far. An honourable owner with a decent manager are a hard to beat.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum