{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shakers scorefred sponsored by... well it's got to be Santa.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shakers scorefred sponsored by... well it's got to be Sa

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Centre half has to be a priority. Outside the first team we don't have many options without changing positions around.

Fantastic win. 3rd with a game in hand on the top 2 and 2 games on some of the play off teams. January will be a big month for us. Both on and off the field.

Flitcroft's heavy fitness focus is showing we are more mentally alert and physically capable.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Up your game Conrad ! The only weak link
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Just got back from the game, a cracking result but don't underestimate what a good team we have beat today. They have some quality players. Thus to beat them we had to suffocate their attacking capability which we did. Stiffled their attack and moved the ball to our forwards. Mellis my MOM, closely followed by Bish and Pearce. We would have drawn this game last season. Flitcroft has done a great job this season and needs to be applauded for his calming influence at the side. Futch is a great assistant. A great run of results keep going Stags. I took my son who works away. He didn't recognise the team from the end of last season and is coming back for the Swindon game.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:15 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Up your game Conrad ! The only weak link

I thought he was fine today. Looked a bit shaky first 5 - 10 minutes but did fine after that.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:20 pm

Excellent game today , well done lads a great win .
Dare to dream
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Brilliant result and an outstanding performance. Mellis was superb.

Really strange team selection by Ryan Lowe, left out half his first choice players. They started well but offered nothing after that. Not a patch on the team we played at Gigg Lane.

Keep it up you Stags!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:41 pm

I don’t think Conrad is good enough to be honest.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:42 pm

Great all round performance from all with some better than others. Logan regretfully reverted to type for the first five minutes, though grew in confidence as the game went on. The first twenty minutes was an even game but after that it was all the yellows.

Some great football today, in which all played their part but man of the match for me was Bishop.

Substitutions were not wasted and we kept going to the end. Shame that Preston dived in and ruined the two nil bet.

Well done Stags and bring on the Swindon.

:coys:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:43 pm

Best advert for league 2 ive ever seen ,two sides going for it great game ,bury came here and played ,credit to them it takes 2 sides to make it ,brilliant
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Conker wrote:I don’t think Conrad is good enough to be honest.

Shssh ,its called negativity ,but i agree
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:03 pm

I've been a critic of Conrad but thought he looked comfortable today.

Bury went for it straight from the off and looked a very good side. They knew when to go down at the slightest contact and played the ref very well.

I thought the stags looked like a side of champions today and am confident they will only get better in the second half of the season. I am a very happy and confident fan tonight.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby amber63 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Stag95 wrote:There has never been a better time to be a Stags fan. Get in there!!!!

Maybe not in your lifetime but the current team is possibly the best for over 40 years. I think the long suffering, loyal fans deserve it!
amber63
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:28 pm

I think it is unlikely you will ever be happy if you can't be today :lol:

Conrad did fine, great point blank save, couple of key catches from crosses. Like our jock exile you've made your mind up, it's sad that even after a truly great match we get more negativity.

He is good enough.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:38 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:Up your game Conrad ! The only weak link

I thought he was fine today. Looked a bit shaky first 5 - 10 minutes but did fine after that.

I agree, the whole team had a ropey first 10 minutes, after that no one really put a foot wrong.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:49 pm

Loved DF post match interview . 12 pigs in blankets :lol:

New song there .

He eats 12 pigs in blankets .
12 pigs in blankets .
We don't care if he won't share
Flitcroft is our number one :lol:
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:50 pm

Rob wrote:

Conrad did fine, great point blank save, couple of key catches from crosses. Like our jock exile you've made your mind up, it's sad that even after a truly great match we get more negativity.

He is good enough.

You always make pick and choose what you want to hear Rob, what about my other posts what’s your problem?

Today was really enjoyable, good performance, good atmosphere.

Conrad is still not good enough, he’s overweight and slow off the line but I’m happy thanks and if you want me to forward my other two posts in this thread that you decided to ignore so you can have a go lemme know babi.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:53 pm

Rob wrote:

He is good enough.

He is definitely good enough. Played really well. I thought he was a bit more thoughtful in his distribution. Everyone played really well.

Mellis was different class today. Walker still missed some easy one on ones. I wish Atkinson had scored from his mazy run immediately after coming on.

We do look the business at the moment.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:02 pm

We want to be thankful that we have a very good back up keeper on our books after Bobbys injury.

I have no issues with Conrad Logan.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby jpstags » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Not sure what you absolute melts want Conrad to do differently. Made a good save early doors to keep it at 0-0, distribution was excellent and nearly put us through a couple of times, and dominated his area very well claiming a few dangerous crosses and relieving the pressure. Well played Conrad.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:13 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

He is good enough.

You always make pick and choose what you want to hear Rob, what about my other posts what’s your problem?

Conrad is still not good enough, he’s overweight and slow off the line but I’m happy thanks and if you want me to forward my other two posts in this thread that you decided to ignore so you can have a go lemme know babi.

Babi :lol:

Conrad did well today, so not only are you being negative, I also think you are wrong. As I said, you and a few others have said plenty of times he's not good enough, which I think clouds your judgement. He was good today, no errors and some good saves.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Conrad was more than ok today, kept us in it with that point blank save.

Had that gone in we would have been in trouble, it didn't, he saved it, rest is history.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:20 pm

The Fourth Official has a great game today. She is welcome back any day..........
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:37 pm

I think Conrad has improved since being dropped - he's doing some of the things Bobby does, just not quite as well. I expect us to sign a 'keeper in January. It might just be a question of who becomes available, as to whether it's a first choice or a back up to Conrad. Bury's 'keeper looked good and Adam Collin has his academy in the area. Jake would be a cheapish, but acceptable, back up.
Dave
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Excellent match today against a very good side who apart from first 10 minutes were limited, by us, to a few chances on the break.
Conrad- good game. Chose not to come for early header but got in right position to save it. Good distribution and not much else to do. Compare with Murphy who was their man of match but kicking was awful.
Defence- solid throughout with the only real error in the 96th minute. Wing backs pushed on, gave Bury no time to play, and created chances.
Midfield- got hold of the game after 15 minutes and Bishop stifled everything. Mellis superbly creative with Elsnik giving real options.
Forwards- pressed Bury constantly and CJs pace gave them real problems. Their defence and keeper had no time to play out and made quite a few mistakes. Another day we would have had 5 or 6 goals.
Good substitutions from Flitcroft at 1 nil to go three up front and put them under more pressure whilst taking Elsnik off who had just been booked and then Atkinson for Mellis( cramp?) to shore midfield up a bit.

The supporters. Awesome again today. Couldn’t make Stevenage where they sounded great. Away crowds normally better for this but today we at least matched that.

Incidentally, it was very honest of Ryan Lowe to admit that the ref got the Penalty decision correct in our favour.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

He is good enough.

Babi :lol:

Conrad did well today, so not only are you being negative, I also think you are wrong. As I said, you and a few others have said plenty of times he's not good enough, which I think clouds your judgement. He was good today, no errors and some good saves.

I’ve generally been positive though bar Conrad unfortunately I think it’s only a matter of time before I’m proven correct.

I’m hoping Kean contract does not extend and DF brings in a new goalkeeper to be #1 - which might happen, he’s already dropped Conrad once due to not performing good enough funny that!

To be fair I’ve told you a few times that your opinions are clearly clouded on several different subjects but you refused to listen, so I might pass this one too mate.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum