{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shakers scorefred sponsored by... well it's got to be Santa.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shakers scorefred sponsored by... well it's got to be Sa

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:41 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:I don’t think Conrad is good enough to be honest.

I think it is unlikely you will ever be happy if you can't be today :lol:

Conrad did fine, great point blank save, couple of key catches from crosses. Like our jock exile you've made your mind up, it's sad that even after a truly great match we get more negativity.

He is good enough.

You always make pick and choose what you want to hear Rob, what about my other posts what’s your problem?

Today was really enjoyable, good performance, good atmosphere.

Conrad is still not good enough, he’s overweight and slow off the line but I’m happy thanks and if you want me to forward my other two posts in this thread that you decided to ignore so you can have a go lemme know babi.

Babi :lol:

Conrad did well today, so not only are you being negative, I also think you are wrong. As I said, you and a few others have said plenty of times he's not good enough, which I think clouds your judgement. He was good today, no errors and some good saves.

I’ve generally been positive though bar Conrad unfortunately I think it’s only a matter of time before I’m proven correct.

I’m hoping Kean contract does not extend and DF brings in a new goalkeeper to be #1 - which might happen, he’s already dropped Conrad once due to not performing good enough funny that!

To be fair I’ve told you a few times that your opinions are clearly clouded on several different subjects but you refused to listen, so I might pass this one too mate.

Thought we won today.

You’d never know it reading your posts
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:45 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

Conrad did fine, great point blank save, couple of key catches from crosses. Like our jock exile you've made your mind up, it's sad that even after a truly great match we get more negativity.

He is good enough.

You always make pick and choose what you want to hear Rob, what about my other posts what’s your problem?

Conrad is still not good enough, he’s overweight and slow off the line but I’m happy thanks and if you want me to forward my other two posts in this thread that you decided to ignore so you can have a go lemme know babi.

Conrad did well today, so not only are you being negative, I also think you are wrong. As I said, you and a few others have said plenty of times he's not good enough, which I think clouds your judgement. He was good today, no errors and some good saves.

I’ve generally been positive though bar Conrad unfortunately I think it’s only a matter of time before I’m proven correct.

I’m hoping Kean contract does not extend and DF brings in a new goalkeeper to be #1 - which might happen, he’s already dropped Conrad once due to not performing good enough funny that!

To be fair I’ve told you a few times that your opinions are clearly clouded on several different subjects but you refused to listen, so I might pass this one too mate.

I admitted my views on Evans were clouded by my dislike of him, you'll have to remind me of your other examples!

Conrad will make a mistake, all keepers do, we can rely on you to let us know about it. Happily, today wasn't that day.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:54 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

He is good enough.

So basically you are admitting that, to you, Conrad is only as good as his last bad game? That is unfair. The guy has been out the side since August (bar a few cup games) and he's going to need settle back in again. As a backup keeper (which is what he has been this season) you wont find many, if any, better than Logan who would be happy to sit on the bench and probably not play. I highly doubt it's high on DF's priority list unless Kean is really not up to it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:58 pm

jpstags wrote:Not sure what you absolute melts want Conrad to do differently. Made a good save early doors to keep it at 0-0, distribution was excellent and nearly put us through a couple of times, and dominated his area very well claiming a few dangerous crosses and relieving the pressure. Well played Conrad.

abc's back then
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:07 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

He is good enough.

He is good enough. Don't know what more you want him to do in the last 2 games? He's been solid.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:15 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

He is good enough.

I don't understand why you look for the negatives. But accepting you do, you are way off the mark on CL performance today. It wasn't a negative. He did well today, and can't be blamed for giving the penalty away. He almost saved it.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:18 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Final score 2-1

oh before i forget CJ first goal scorer =£20
Stags to win 2-1= £25

cheers lads

No 'well done Flipflop' then?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:53 pm

I don't understand why you look for the negatives. But accepting you do, you are way off the mark on CL performance today. It wasn't a negative. He did well today, and can't be blamed for giving the penalty away. He almost saved it.

I look for negatives same way DF does probably - to improve.

Although I wasn’t saying he had a bad game today BTW, I think he will cost us points though if he stays at #1 (considerably more than Bobby would, we can do better etc)

Also I’ve clearly stated a few times that I really enjoyed the atmosphere and performance today, I know a few have decided to completely ignore that but I did say it before I commented on Conrad didn’t I?

My voice is actually gone due to the game today, it’s why I’ve got to type my opinions :D
Last edited by Conker on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:57 pm

Don't think he had a save to make second half but did almost get to the penalty. Let's give him our support hey.

Brill game fantastic support
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Conker wrote:

I look for negatives same way DF does probably - to improve.

Although I wasn’t saying he had a bad game today BTW, I think he will cost us points though if he stays at #1.

Also I’ve clearly stated a few times that I really enjoyed the atmosphere and performance today, I know a few have decided to completely ignore that but I did say it before I commented on Conrad didn’t I?

My voice is actually gone due to the game today, it’s why I’ve got to type my opinions :D

If that is the case then why have you selected Logan for your negative comments. You could have picked a mistake for every player today despite them playing very well. I’ll start you with CJ- “ should have had a hat trick, didn’t defend as much as usual” could have cost us the match :shock:
Next....
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Everyone else is good enough, CJ was a bit off in the first half if that helps? Fortunately the second half shown he’s in the form of his life :) Nah Conrad was fine today, didn’t have naff all to do in the second half and definitely pulled off a good save in the first half.

Look in my opinion he’s not good enough, I don’t care if it’s a minority opinion, or it’s upsetting a few folks because we won.

Who’s place in that starting line up is in doubt during January? Let’s be fair there’s a chance DF is considering replacing him after already dropping him this season, Kean only got a month contract and that tells me he’s going to at least look for a improvement in what we already have, or is that too negative, unfair, upsetting?

My main concern is how slow he is off the line, we play the best flipping football I have ever seen and due to that we like to play it from and around the back - a GK for Mansfield need more in the package than just being a good shot stopper under Flitcroft.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Conker wrote:Everyone else is good enough, CJ was a bit off in the first half if that helps? Fortunately the second half shown he’s in the form of his life :)

Look in my opinion he’s not good enough, I don’t care if it’s a minority opinion, or it’s upsetting a few folks because we won.

Who’s place in that starting line up is in doubt during January? Let’s be fair there’s a chance DF is considering replacing him after already dropping him this season, Kean only got a month contract and that tells me he’s going to at least look for a improvement in what we already have, or is that too negative, unfair, upsetting?

My main concern is how slow he is off the line, we play the best flipping football I have ever seen and due to that we like to play it from and around the back - a GK for Mansfield need more in the package than just being a good shot stopper under Flitcroft.

He barely had anything to do and still scared me half to death. Should have came for a header and didn’t, spilled a straight forward shot, slow off his line on one occasion, conceded a corner from the long range effort which was going yard wide. Mixed in with that was two really good catches and a couple of decent saves. Logan has redeeming features but he has a rick in him.

He’s fine as a backup but there’s no room for sentiment in a promotion race.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:39 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Conker wrote:Everyone else is good enough, CJ was a bit off in the first half if that helps? Fortunately the second half shown he’s in the form of his life :)

He barely had anything to do and still scared me half to death. Should have came for a header and didn’t, spilled a straight forward shot, slow off his line on one occasion, conceded a corner from the long range effort which was going yard wide. Mixed in with that was two really good catches and a couple of decent saves. Logan has redeeming features but he has a rick in him.

He’s fine as a backup but there’s no room for sentiment in a promotion race.

How dare you not be completely positive today!

I forgot about the long range effort that he tipped out, that was poor to be fair, it was miles away. They had a few early on, They clicked on to his vulnerabilities or they just fancied a couple of 40yard shots!!!

I agree though obviously, I hope DF agrees and I reckon he might
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:59 pm

Conrad has started 5 league games with a record of W3 D2 L0

Conrad is easily good enough as a replacement for Booby Olejnik. There is not much between the two keepers. Conrad would be first choice at many other League 2 clubs.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:08 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Conrad has started 5 league games with a record of W3 D2 L0

Conrad is easily good enough as a replacement for Booby Olejnik. There is not much between the two keepers. Conrad would be first choice at many other League 2 clubs.

The issue is it should have been W4 D1 L0 if he’d not screwed up against Colchester. That’s the whole point.

Anyway I’ve said my bit and it’s Christmas. So to reiterate, today’s team performance was outstanding.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:16 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Conrad has started 5 league games with a record of W3 D2 L0

The issue is it should have been W4 D1 L0 if he’d not screwed up against Colchester. That’s the whole point.

Anyway I’ve said my bit and it’s Christmas. So to reiterate, today’s team performance was outstanding.

Yeh but he did. Its in the past now and since he’s been re called is proving so far to be solid. So while he’s at the club unlike some users on this message board I’m going to support him instead of stating he’s going to cost us points as that in my opinion is counter productive and unsporting.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:The issue is it should have been W4 D1 L0 if he’d not screwed up against Colchester. That’s the whole point.

Bobby Olejnik probably cost us a win away at Cheltenham. It happens to keepers. Everybody remembers their errors but forget the number of times they have helped you win a game or come away with a point.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:26 am

Bury fans seem to be blaming Ryan Lowe's decision to make 5 changes to a winning side for their defeat at Field Mill. Nicky Adams, Neil Danns, Callum McFadzean, Byron Moore and (very surprisingly) Nicky Maynard were all dropped to the bench. They are also not convinced that Danny Mayor is injured. There are rumours he is off to Preston. Stephen Dawson was making his fourth league start of the season, Tom Miller his third and Caolan Lavery his second league start. It did seem very strange to make so many changes to a winning team who are in form.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:22 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Yeh but he did. Its in the past now and since he’s been re called is proving so far to be solid. So while he’s at the club unlike some users on this message board I’m going to support him instead of stating he’s going to cost us points as that in my opinion is counter productive and unsporting.
I agree. Surely we should be supporting all of the team and note nit picking at individuals. No doubt CL will make mistakes and conceded goals. But CJ will miss scoring opportunities and JM will misplace passes. For some there always has to be someone in the team that they regard as a liability.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:07 am

Amber Andy wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I agree. Surely we should be supporting all of the team and note nit picking at individuals. No doubt CL will make mistakes and conceded goals. But CJ will miss scoring opportunities and JM will misplace passes. For some there always has to be someone in the team that they regard as a liability.

Andy when I am at the game I sing my heart out every time, I get behind the team just as much as any of you lot and to suggest otherwise because I don't rate one player is wrong.

Anyway we will all find out not we? Either DF replaces him, or he keeps him at #1 and he either does good enough or not. I'll happily come back to this at a later date whatever the outcome, I hope i'm wrong!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:21 am

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

He is good enough.

He will make a mistake, maybe more than 1, does this make him a bad goalkeeper?

Allison Becker at Liverpool is considered one of the worlds best and he has made 2 major gaffes that have led to goals, does this make him a bad goalkeeper?

A defender may misjudge a ball or let a player run of them to score, a midfielder may misplace a pass that may lead to conceding a goal, a striker may miss an easy chance to score a goal....this doesn't make them bad players....it makes them human.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:27 am

Why all this talk of another keeper?

Conrad seems to have lost weight and did well yesterday, Keane is a good back up or, who knows, may well feature.

Any keeper who comes to play League 2 football will have weaknesses, that why they play at our level. Unless there is another injury disaster we are ok for keepers provided Keane comes up to scratch during his four weeks.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:53 am

Some good and interesting comments on the Bury Forum:

"Brainless from Lowe today. He's had praise recently but deserves every bit of stick he is getting for today. The newspaper article recently released did Flitcrofts team talk for him. Not having the players in the day before a game is shocking, guaranteed we were the only professional team not training. Add to that we turn up with our reserve team showed a lack of respect to Mansfield. Why the hell wouldn't you play your best team and make changes for Notts County where Macclesfield have gone and won today."

"Flitcroft had a reputation for making changes for the sake of it whilst managing Bury but how many did he make for yesterday's game after their win at Stevenage?"

"Totally disjointed performance, unsurprising given the number of changes made against good opposition. No natural width, midfield was poor, we constantly lost or gave away possession, so a succession of long balls booted towards Lavery and Telford. Thompson shunted out of position again to accommodate O’Connell. Murphy MOM."

"Lowe's tactical decisions and selection policy gave the initiative to Mansfield. We competed for 20 minutes but we gradually lost our way. Telford and Lavery were wasted. Stokes was also wasted - he is a clogger of a defender, not a wing-back. Dawson still isn't fit, but Lowe shouldn't have asked him to start a game like this without more game time. The only consolation was that we won more headers than usual!. Either Lowe got things badly wrong or two or three players are leaving. A good Shakers turnout was let down by a confused and messy performance."

"Masterstroke by Lowe to rest key players against a promotion rival and who have hardly lost a game all season. Why not rest them for the easier game against Notts? (although with our away form I can see us losing that as well). Final score flattered us. They were at least 3 goals better."

"Dawson's next stop should be Salford (he can't cut it at this level). I only hope Barnsley want Styles back next month. Total passenger in midfield again. Mellis ran the show in midfield . Telford and Lavery are bench players and we should start with Maynard and Moore."

"Do you really think the club can sustain the losses we have and keep this squad together?"

"How did Accrington get promoted from this league? Probably by not being 8 million in debt and then not having to make cut backs."

"No Danny Mayor = No Promotion."

"3 or 4 nil wouldn’t have flattered Mansfield"

"Murphy kept us in the game until their penalty. 2-1 flattered us. Mansfield were by far the better team in the last hour."

"Murphy was fantastic. Five or more top saves. He had an off day v Oldham but was impressive today. Otherwise It was a collective off day aside from Lavery who impressed again at times."

"Mellis was supreme. Class above. If only etc etc"

"Mellis ran the show in midfield, never played like that for us."

"Mellis is a very decent player. Can really spot a pass - see their first goal. Not the hardest working as we know but a class well above your average L2 midfielder."

"I wasn't a fan of Mellis when he played for us. However, Flitcroft has found a way to make the most of his ability to spot the "killer pass". He makes sure Mellis is protected. Unlike some, Flitcroft understands the value of midfield "hard men".

"The best team won and the Mansfield were one of the best. They really got behind their team. Well done to them!"

"I have been impressed by Mansfield, and by Flitcroft`s tactics in the 2 games this season. I can see why they have only lost one game so far."

"We'll do well to finish above Mansfield this season. Yesterday would've been difficult with a full strength side - they've only lost once this season."

"How good was the Mansfield support today, altogether behind their team, and manager, they created a great atmosphere, good to witness, they had a great time, the twelfth man."

"I said near the end wouldn't it be nice if our Main stand made that much noise."
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:31 am

Good summary of comments on Burys forum. They definitely rated us and our support.

I thought we were excellent today and really can’t understand the criticism of anyone. As someone said higher up the thread if you can’t be happy after that you never will be

But as we know some are never happy and probably can’t wait for the opportunity to say I told you so

But for me a great footballing holiday ... bring on Swindon
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:37 am

Just goes to show what a difference the 'singers' in Q block have made over the last couple of seasons. I hope we all remember how quiet it was in the IGU under Cox and Murray. With off field progress comes fan enthusiasm. With fan enthusiasm comes player motivation. We'll done to everyone who's made it possible for Field Mill to become a feared ground again.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum