{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Thanks, Dave. (Pt. II)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Thanks, Dave. (Pt. II)

Postby Random Hero » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:47 pm

I'd like to extend my sincere apologies to David Flitcroft.

Earlier this year I started a thread after Macclesfield away. I was partially inebriated, frustrated, and generally venting.

Today was fantastic. The last three months have been superb. We are playing like I've never seen us play, and the atmosphere is the most positive I've ever experienced. The team are united as one and so are the fans.

Thanks, Dave. And this time, I mean it.

Up the Stags!

Merry Christmas everyone.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Re: Thanks, Dave. (Pt. II)

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:57 pm

Well played mate.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:00 pm

Well said Sir, and Merry Christmas to everyone, now let's move on to Boxing day and hopefully a huge crowd cheering us on to 3 more valuable points v Bury.

:coys:
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Fair play Gail. Can’t believe you’ve managed to type all that out with no mistakes.

Away in a manger
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Random Hero wrote:I'd like to extend my sincere apologies to David Flitcroft.

Earlier this year I started a thread after Macclesfield away. I was partially inebriated, frustrated, and generally venting.

Today was fantastic. The last three months have been superb. We are playing like I've never seen us play, and the atmosphere is the most positive I've ever experienced. The team are united as one and so are the fans.

Thanks, Dave. And this time, I mean it.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Well done. Takes s big man.
I hope this reflects the way we're all feelling. Great to be part of (and behind) such a ground swell of support which our club has long needed.
Onwards and upwards
Up the Stags!
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Today was fantastic - well and truly eating my words from the start of the season.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:10 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Today was fantastic - well and truly eating my words from the start of the season.

Glad it's not just me!
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:03 pm

I've always had faith in both Dave n Futch best management team in Division 1 n 2
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:25 pm

I was one that was very critical of Flitcroft last season and no one will convince me any different that he made a pigs ear of it but I never wanted him out . The summer break gave me time to reflect and I backed him from the start of the season although not very confidentify at the start of this season . .
But ; I can honestly say I've enjoyed this season so much , so far . The way he comes over in his interviews , the way he conducts himself and the way he shows his passion for the club and fans have been one of the best in 45 years of supporting the club . The style of football is a joy to watch . The support and atmosphere at the games is best it's been for years . There is a big belief in the manager and I can hold my hands up and say that my opinion of him and the way he managed the team was that i was wrong .
I'm quietly confident that this is our season and no matter what happens from now on , I will continue to back him .
Well done David
Last edited by tmwilson on Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Chances of an abc post with similar contrition ?

Lower than whale excrement.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:13 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Chances of an abc post with similar contrition ?

I wouldn’t hold your breath Bellers
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:02 pm

Well said Random Hero.

We were all disappointed with last season's "failure".

It's early days, but DF seems to be building something.

At the moment it's good to be a Stag.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:49 pm

I thought you were happy to use ignore where abc was concerned ? Anyway he can't put anything on here as he has been permanently banned.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Herts Stag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:54 pm

I'm with you Random. I did want him out too. But Wow we are buzzing and that is down to DF and BF who have made a fool out of me and a lot more. The team spirit and quality in that squad is clear for all to see and it was great to be a part of it today. Well done MTFC, owners, directors, players and supporters. Proud of you all.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:30 pm

jpstags wrote:

I thought you were happy to use ignore where abc was concerned ? Anyway he can't put anything on here as he has been permanently banned.

I'm sure someone like him will have more than one user name.

Anyway, it's nice to see DF is proving so many wrong as that means we are doing well.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:51 am

Let's get behind the team over the next two home games and when there is a mistake or a error made encourage not deride, this team is working hard that is a fact.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jimstag » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:56 am

I do love that after 10 games everyone wants him sacked and 10 games later everyone wants his babies, can’t wait to see the thread in 10 games time!
Hopefully a continuation of the love in. Anyway hope we’ve learnt not to get carried away with Norman and co’s meltdown next time?
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:04 am

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Let's get behind the team over the next two home games and when there is a mistake or a error made encourage not deride, this team is working hard that is a fact.

Agreed :coys:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:06 am

jpstags wrote:

a) I think you’re missing the point
and
b) for four posts, you certainly know a lot about abc and his ban.

Anything you want to add ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:44 pm

And both usernames are just initials as well rather than a name.

So what did you do abc?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Jimstag wrote:I do love that after 10 games everyone wants him sacked and 10 games later everyone wants his babies, can’t wait to see the thread in 10 games time!
Hopefully a continuation of the love in. Anyway hope we’ve learnt not to get carried away with Norman and co’s meltdown next time?

Not everyone, in fact, not even a majority Jim. I do think the majority of fans are pretty patient, yes there are a few noisy ones on here who love to complain and want everyone sacked as soon as we have a few bad results, but generally I think there is a consensus towards giving a new manager time, DF has still only been here 10 months!

As you say, it is far too early to get carried away but we are in a strong position given we are still carrying some expensive players. DF's second transfer window is coming up and I think by the end of Jan he hopefully will have more of his own players and less of Evans expensive flops.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby StagR » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Regardless of where we finish up after 46 games, DF has been a breath of fresh air this season. Reality, humility, integrity and any other ” . . . ity “ you care to think of ! How many times in the last who knows how many seasons have we had to listen to half baked, self-serving interviews with Managers ? SO good to have a manager who talks sense - along with CJ, etc, let’s get David Flitcroft signed up on a contract extension; he is the man ( with JR’s backing ) to take us onward and upward ! Happy New Year to all in Amber & Blue.
StagR
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Uncle » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:57 pm

Listening to the Managers' last three or four post match interviews on Ifollow, I've found it really heartwarming to hear the number of one-liners and gags he comes out with in his responses. It seems like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders, now that fans and most critics are focusing on the current situation and not banging on about "the end of last season" blah blah blah. Everything appears to be falling the way he had envisioned. Forum posters are currently talking more hypotheticals about what the team/squad needs. The biggest worry is, with the way he has turned around the mindset and confidence in every player who had to suffer the Evans tenure, how long would it take to recover if some Championship club decided that HE was their next great hope... Hypothetically of course.
By the way, I don't think we need to worry about that. He talks like he is thoroughly enjoying what he's putting together here and I guess he's gonna be here as long as Mansfield want him to stay.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:12 pm

l'm with you Uncle in the slight worry that DF is looking more and more likely every week that goes by to turning the heads of Chairmen and boards of struggling clubs higher up. Someone like Bolton higher up comes in for him how would folk take it then on here? Would he go without finishing what he's got rocketing to the stars atm. I have confidence in him and the way the team is playing for him, and they are aren't they eh?
We will lose again this season... well I think we will... but when we do there's no doubt in my mind we'll bounce back.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Uncle » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:39 pm

As I said earlier, I'm not worried about the prospect of DF being poached. I don't believe he would leave without completing his "objectives". He seems to have an integrity to him that probably 60 of the 72 EFL Managers don't have (said with knowing hardly any of them). I believe that he would look at the infrastructure of a said club first and foremost. For example, If someone like Bolton did come knocking, he'd know that they can't go two consecutive months where the players and staff get paid on time etc etc. He'd want to be given an environment where he is focusing on nothing but the playing side of his job and not having to go toe to toe with Chairmen, and players who think that THEY are the media focal point of the club ( Darren McAnthony for example). He just seems to have that humility about him. I can't believe the abuse he's received on the forum " because we keep drawing" . After being left with a hash of the apparently unfit players at the end of last season he went into his first transfer window. Who did he get????
A flipping 37 year old to play centre midfield... WHAT??
Someone no one had heard of from Yeovil who could be one of the most creative players in L1/L2. A loanee from his old club whose probably more influential than OTIS and a striker who is on course to be that 20'goal striker that everyone thinks is easy to find. All these impact players....AND NO GOALKEEPER!' I won't say it too loud but maybe DF is happy with Conrad.After all DF had him at Bury as well so must know what he's doing actually.
As a footnote I think Mansfield and Milton Keynes will finish first and second. Won't say in which order.
Uncle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum