{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle trains

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Carlisle trains

Postby Old timer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Fancied a trip on the Settle to Carlisle line for this New Year away game but Northern Rail are going on strike so be aware if you had intended to go by rail. Alternative services, not that there are many, will be rammed.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Carlisle trains

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Was going to go via train from Chesterfield as using train split it was £26 return.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Sorry to hear you are having problems fella's.
This is by far my closest game of the season so on a purely selfish view this is a great festive(ish) fixture for me, and to make things even better my Grimsby tickets arrived today. :D
Good luck with the travel. :)
:coys:
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby iansmith » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:02 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Was going to go via train from Chesterfield as using train split it was £26 return.

Northern Rail trains have been badly affected by strike action on Saturdays for at least the last two months, so I'd check this carefully before booking. I had return tickets from Leeds to Lincoln only to find most of the trains were cancelled on the day. And I'm still waiting for a refund!
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Not ideal for those going on train, I can get a trans-pennine one thankfully
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum