{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stevenage scorefred sponsored by a game in 'the slums'.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stevenage scorefred sponsored by a game in 'the slums'.

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:18 pm

yorkstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Sorry its about opinions ,as for saying logan kept us in the game ,not what i watched ,hes not good enough imo .we woudnt have conceded that goal with bobby in goal, if you disagree fair enough but its just my opinion ok l

Not sure if you were at the game or if this post is a joke. First of all it wasnt Logan’s fault - the ball should not have come in

How can you post as you have after such a great away performance. And the support was immense

COYS

Its simply an opinion ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:24 pm

yorkstag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Sorry its about opinions ,as for saying logan kept us in the game ,not what i watched ,hes not good enough imo .we woudnt have conceded that goal with bobby in goal, if you disagree fair enough but its just my opinion ok l

Not sure if you were at the game or if this post is a joke. First of all it wasnt Logan’s fault - the ball should not have come in

How can you post as you have after such a great away performance. And the support was immense

COYS
i watch every game live ,so think im entitled to give my opinion ,it may not please people ,but its my view ,if you disagree fine ,but ive not missed a minute so far this season and this is my opinion ok
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Can’t fault Logan for the goal, today, the defence fell to sleep, nothing keeper could have done about it. Thought overall Logan distributed the ball out well today, throwing the ball striahht out, instead of slow build up play.

Well done Conrad.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:36 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Johnny H wrote:Special mention to Conrad Logan for a crackin save at 1-1 when he tipped it onto the bar.....game changer !!!

That's good to hear.

I hope he keeps it up until the end of the season.

Sorry he did not put in onto the bar ,rewind is a gift ,hes not a great keeper hope jake kean gets his chance

Give your head a shake, Jake Kean is not the answer. Hence the 1 month loan and why we are looking at other targets.

To be frank the bloke would scare me if he had to come on, Logan is a good back up keeper and Bobby would be missed by any team given the form he was in. Conrad did ok today but wasn't tested as much as he will be against other teams in the league.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Give my head a shake ,i said i didnt blame logan ,if you care to read ,but i said i dont think we would have conceded a goal like that with bobby in goal ,or is that to hard for some to understand ,,gods sake to have an opinion on here is tough sometimes it wss a great win but we still need to improve
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:50 pm

spanishstag wrote:Give my head a shake ,i said i didnt blame logan ,if you care to read ,but i said i dont think we would have conceded a goal like that with bobby in goal ,or is that to hard for some to understand ,,gods sake to have an opinion on here is tough sometimes it wss a great win but we still need to improve

So logan wasn't to blame but you think we wouldn't have conceded a goal like that if he wasn't playing ?
Care to explain ?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Logan is a good keeper. Good at this level, played higher. Won trophies in Scotland. He gets blame where it's not warranted.

What I find more concerning, that I've aired before, is that today all our scorers belong to other clubs. We need to sign these players to really bring them into the fold and enhance the togetherness. Lose our loans and were up the creek. No loans in Jan, just signings.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Its all about confidence in the man behind you ,i dont think conrad s ability in collecting crosses or coming off his line helps the defence , so in turn they dont have the confidence in him as they do in bobby ,its not a criticsm its just my opinion,i think if bobby was in goal today that cross would have been cut out
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Can I just say Walkers first goal is an absolute quality finish.... to bend it round all the defenders and stick in right in the corner so the keeper had no chance when most players would just smack it from that close... brilliant.. Make and offer to forest now
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:12 pm

It’s division 4 football. Everyone at this level has a mistake in them. DF is working wonders, enjoy the ride.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:12 pm

spanishstag wrote:Give my head a shake ,i said i didnt blame logan ,if you care to read ,but i said i dont think we would have conceded a goal like that with bobby in goal ,or is that to hard for some to understand ,,gods sake to have an opinion on here is tough sometimes it wss a great win but we still need to improve

Spanish my comments are relating to giving Jake Kean a chance in front of Conrad. Kean is not the better keeper, and he scares me in net.

But i agree Bobby is a huge loss, as I said he would be a loss to any team. Conrad did well today but I expect he'll be put to the test against Bury on boxing day lets hope he continues to pass the test as he did today.

Up the stags.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:15 pm

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -mansfield

Some reason it says shrews vs Coventry at start but it’s the right game...
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:20 pm

On a different note the players where fantastic today, even first half looked great but didn't make the possession count second half we did.

Look a real solid team and long may it continue.

Vital win today given the results, and the fans where non-stop support throughout the game.

Really enjoyable away day, well done all!
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:34 pm

According to the BBC Stevenage deservedly went ahead before the break......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46575933
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Erm. Your post clearly blames Logan. Are you unwell ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:41 pm

That run from CJ and movement from Walker for our third was top drawer. Walkers first was a calm, assured and class finish too. COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Notable absentees on this particular scorefred now DF's peeing all over their thoughts
abc
oldweststander
and good old Norman.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:19 pm

gazza1988 wrote:According to the BBC Stevenage deservedly went ahead before the break......

that's an agency report that is also used by the CHAD. Utter garbage. I have offered the CHAD my report to use instead if they wish.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:25 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Johnny H wrote:Special mention to Conrad Logan for a crackin save at 1-1 when he tipped it onto the bar.....game changer !!!

That's good to hear.

I hope he keeps it up until the end of the season.

Sorry he did not put in onto the bar ,rewind is a gift ,hes not a great keeper hope jake kean gets his chance

Be careful what you wish for.

Kean is nowhere near as good as Logan.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:31 pm

Spiritater wrote:Notable absentees on this particular scorefred now DF's peeing all over their thoughts
abc
oldweststander
and good old Norman.

since we've been turning draws into wins abc has gone awfully quiet, there's not a lot he can moan about at the minute is there?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:33 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:According to the BBC Stevenage deservedly went ahead before the break......

that's an agency report that is also used by the CHAD. Utter garbage. I have offered the CHAD my report to use instead if they wish.

We had more possession( probably better possession too), shots, etc at half time and improved on it after half time. They also say he has 9 league goals and 13 overall when it’s 10 and 14...
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:34 pm

The moaners have stopped moaning because the team have stopped doing the things the moaners were moaning about.

Simple really.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:36 pm

As for "we wouldn't have conceded that goal with Bobby in net" there is absolutely no way whatsoever you can prove that to be true. You would expect White to have dealt with it in the first place. Plus it appeared to be struck quite hard into the box and going away from goal. Those kinds of crosses can be trickier to deal with.

Also Sweeney should have dealt with it. Notice how after it went in Pearce had a go at Sweeney, it was his area they scored from. Mal tried but he was the wrong side of the player. Sweeney is in no man's land. As they were attacking Sweeney should have had a look around and track the player making a run into the centre.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:36 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Notable absentees on this particular scorefred now DF's peeing all over their thoughts
abc
oldweststander
and good old Norman.

since we've been turning draws into wins abc has gone awfully quiet, there's not a lot he can moan about at the minute is there?

No there isn't, but a modicum of praise from one of the wouldn't go amiss. After all they've slagged him off on a regular basis.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:42 pm

abc
oldweststander
and good old Norman, and Moan Monkey Banker Old Ram Stag.

Added another to your list Spiro, hope it's ok.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum