{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stevenage scorefred sponsored by a game in 'the slums'.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stevenage scorefred sponsored by a game in 'the slums'.

Postby SidneyOttewell » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Spiritater wrote:Notable absentees on this particular scorefred now DF's peeing all over their thoughts
abc
oldweststander
and good old Norman.

I was just thinking the same thing. 'Flipflop's' not doing too badly, is he, abc? :roll:
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Sneag wrote:The moaners have stopped moaning because the team have stopped doing the things the moaners were moaning about.

Simple really.

Moaning is fine, we all do it, asking for a manager to be sacked after ten games isn't moaning, it's idiocy. See Nottm County, they are showing how an idiotic Chairman does things, on the other hand we have an owner who is prepared to give his managers time.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Spiritater wrote:Notable absentees on this particular scorefred now DF's peeing all over their thoughts
abc
oldweststander
and good old Norman.

And don’t forget old ram Stag

And in particular abc please post - what arent you happy about. Are you waiting and hoping for a disasterous Xmas ?

Coys
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:48 pm

gazza1988 wrote:As for "we wouldn't have conceded that goal with Bobby in net" there is absolutely no way whatsoever you can prove that to be true. You would expect White to have dealt with it in the first place. Plus it appeared to be struck quite hard into the box and going away from goal. Those kinds of crosses can be trickier to deal with.

Also Sweeney should have dealt with it. Notice how after it went in Pearce had a go at Sweeney, it was his area they scored from. Mal tried but he was the wrong side of the player. Sweeney is in no man's land. As they were attacking Sweeney should have had a look around and track the player making a run into the centre.

Yes, but all our defenders legs go to jelly with the thought of Conrad in goal, don't they? :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:The moaners have stopped moaning because the team have stopped doing the things the moaners were moaning about.

Simple really.

Moaning is fine, we all do it, asking for a manager to be sacked after ten games isn't moaning, it's idiocy. See Nottm County, they are showing how an idiotic Chairman does things, on the other hand we have an owner who is prepared to give his managers time.

Rob this is the last time I'm going to explain this because you clearly ain't listening.

DF is the only manager I would ever have sacked after 12 games because no other manager has ever raspberried up so badly from being in such a strong position. Ever.

Had that first 12 games been at the start of this season, I'd have avocated giving him more time. With 20-20 hindsight sacking him would have been a mistake, but I don't think a manager has pissed me off that badly in 44 years. :lol:

This season started slowly, but whats been apparent since the Oldham game (how did it end 0-0) apart from the odd blip, is that Stags are staying on the front foot for 90 minutes, even running the clock down we still carry a threat. Previously we just stuck 11 players in our own last third and invited relentless pressure. It's very noticable that we are scoring goals late goals now rather than conceding them.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:07 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:According to the BBC Stevenage deservedly went ahead before the break......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46575933

that's an agency report that is also used by the CHAD. Utter garbage. I have offered the CHAD my report to use instead if they wish.

We had more possession( probably better possession too), shots, etc at half time and improved on it after half time. They also say he has 9 league goals and 13 overall when it’s 10 and 14...

the CHAD report has been removed and replaced with this: https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9506720
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:16 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Simple really.

Rob this is the last time I'm going to explain this because you clearly ain't listening.

DF is the only manager I would ever have sacked after 12 games because no other manager has ever raspberried up so badly from being in such a strong position. Ever.

Had that first 12 games been at the start of this season, I'd have avocated giving him more time. With 20-20 hindsight sacking him would have been a mistake, but I don't think a manager has pissed me off that badly in 44 years. :lol:

This season started slowly, but whats been apparent since the Oldham game (how did it end 0-0) apart from the odd blip, is that Stags are staying on the front foot for 90 minutes, even running the clock down we still carry a threat. Previously we just stuck 11 players in our own last third and invited relentless pressure. It's very noticable that we are scoring goals late goals now rather than conceding them.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm not listening :lol: We were all bitterly disappointed with how last season ended. However, my anger was mostly on Evans for dumping us at the worst possible time giving the new man very little time and as importantly no chance to bring in his own players. I think we now have the best side since the last promotion winning team some 16 years ago, which is remarkable when you consider he has had to keep highly paid players he doesn't want because of their large contracts.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:17 pm

Rob. He’s not going to tell you again.

:shock: :roll:
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Simple really.

Let it go mate. it just goes to show how many points Evans' constant moaning at officials can get you. Flitcroft has already gained more points so far than Evans and hasn't had to resort to belly-aching each decision that goes against us, no matter how bleeding obvious it was the ref was correct.

He went to Peterborough, wasted loads of the chairman's money and true to form are starting to fade away. He does the bare minimum of fitness work and over a season it shows. That and Flitcroft still had to face the eventual champions and also a team that got promoted. It wasn't the easiest last 12 fixtures. But Evans got to 4th in Feb and everybody knows being 4th in Feb means you will definitely be 4th or higher at the end of the season. I still maintain Evans looked at the situation at Peterborough and our remaining fixtures and thought he would get out of dodge.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:40 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Simple really.

Let it go mate. it just goes to show how many points Evans' constant moaning at officials can get you. Flitcroft has already gained more points so far than Evans and hasn't had to resort to belly-aching each decision that goes against us, no matter how bleeding obvious it was the ref was correct.

He went to Peterborough, wasted loads of the chairman's money and true to form are starting to fade away. He does the bare minimum of fitness work and over a season it shows. That and Flitcroft still had to face the eventual champions and also a team that got promoted. It wasn't the easiest last 12 fixtures. But Evans got to 4th in Feb and everybody knows being 4th in Feb means you will definitely be 4th or higher at the end of the season. I still maintain Evans looked at the situation at Peterborough and our remaining fixtures and thought he would get out of dodge.

It's you who needs to let it go ;)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Simple really.

It's you who needs to let it go ;)

They started it :lol: ;)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:49 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Rob. He’s not going to tell you again.

Hey, I respect Rob's opinion. And mostly we are on the same page.

You on the other hand are just a raspberry that likes rugby.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:04 am

Yesterday could be the defining moment of our season, the game in which it turns in our favour.

I was hopeful but apprehensive at kick off with two main worries; Logan returning in goal and the lack of depth up front.

We played well, extremely well. Pearce lead by example, bringing the ball out well and often turning his man, Sweeney has an excellent game and is another player that has developed whilst here, Preston is a good solid centre half, Benning played well with great distribution but his injury may be a worry during the busy festive period, a great midfield three (sign Elsnick now) with Hamilton who is turning into a hell of a player and Walker.

It wasn’t just individual performances that made it a great game for the Amber and blue perspective but the way they played as a team, the way they kept going after conceding, the way that when the ball was lost they fought to get it back, the passing and movement, the energy of the players, the way they team responded when the formation changed after the enforced substitution and the smiles at the final whistle.

We may still need a goalkeeper and a centre forward but even top of the Premier League day the same so that is not a slight of those on the pitch today.

A couple of flash points on the pitch, notably the late challenge on Bishop showed how much more restrained, grown up and focused on the football the players are compared to a year ago.

We were, in my opinion, lacking in confidence in front of goal with shooting opportunities not taken but as the goals went in this disappeared. Exemplified by Mellis striking from just outside the box and narrowly missing the top corner at the death.

As for the travelling fans, I took a friend who lives a couple of villages away, he was impressed to say the least. Well done to all who went and got behind them.

Saved the best for last, as for Tyler Walker, brilliant. Don’t let him travel back down the A60 in the summer.

Once again, well done and come on you Stags!!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:15 am

Spiritater wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:This game isn’t provoking much interest.

No doubt if we lose the post count for the thread will have a healthier look about it. :lol: :lol:

Hmmm, would it be on page 10-11 now if we'd lost? Just clicked onto page 6, we had longer threads in the BSP.
Apathy I tell you, apathy. ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:13 am

Spiritater wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

No doubt if we lose the post count for the thread will have a healthier look about it. :lol: :lol:

Hmmm, would it be on page 10-11 now if we'd lost? Just clicked onto page 6, we had longer threads in the BSP.

Least you have inherited the Fredders winning streak :D Only apathy is Marty not putting up the Christmas deco's :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:31 am

The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Least you have inherited the Fredders winning streak :D Only apathy is Marty not putting up the Christmas deco's :D

Let Christmas begin. If you can't see the decorations, just hit CTRL-F5 to properly refresh your view of the pages
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby The One » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:40 am

Well done Marty, bet it was dusty up in that loft getting them down
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:22 am

DF has finally found how to get the best out of Tyler Walker. Just get Jordan Graham to strip off and stand by the side of the pitch :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:44 am

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Rob wrote:

Simple really.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm not listening :lol: We were all bitterly disappointed with how last season ended. However, my anger was mostly on Evans for dumping us at the worst possible time giving the new man very little time and as importantly no chance to bring in his own players. I think we now have the best side since the last promotion winning team some 16 years ago, which is remarkable when you consider he has had to keep highly paid players he doesn't want because of their large contracts.

Exactly.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:08 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:DF has finally found how to get the best out of Tyler Walker. Just get Jordan Graham to strip off and stand by the side of the pitch :lol:

That was amusing, both khan and Graham stripped ready to come on we score. They get told to sit back down.

Graham stripped again we score again, Flitcroft jokingly tells him to sit down again but brings him on.

Fantastic motivational tactic. :D
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:09 am

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Rob. He’s not going to tell you again.

Hey, I respect Rob's opinion. And mostly we are on the same page.

You on the other hand are just a raspberry that likes rugby.

Haha. That would be interesting if I gave even the merest scintilla of a monkeys about you or your opinions. You massive hypocrite. :)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum