{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Forest Green Rovers - no Refund

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Forest Green Rovers - no Refund

Postby ParisStag » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:30 pm

kaftanimp wrote:I feel your pain on this one for sure, such a nice Club !

Last season we played Forest Gump on a Tuesday night in conditions which can only be described as appalling. Of course a Club is only a reflection of its leader - need I say more !

They kept all 400+ Lincoln fans on the open terrace in the pouring rain (I would not wish this on any visiting supporter from any team - not even FGR) while the stand behind the goal had about 20-30 FGR fans in it at most keeping nice and dry. There was no seating made available to our fans (young or old) either, we all got thoroughly soaked which seemed to delight their support who were sparsely populated around their tin pot shed.

It would only have taken a staff member or steward a few moments to move the 20-30 fans into the empty vacuum of seats in the stand opposite us to enable their visitors to all at least have some shelter from the elements.... but no, Stale Mince and his veggie munching veganites sat in their covered seats looking on in pleasure at our discomfort.

How sweet the final whistle was for us and a much deserved 1-0 victory, even though the drive back to Lincolnshire in soaking wet clothing was slightly uncomfortable... mind you, it was worse for Sean Raggett who got more than he deserved when their on loan keeper spat at him during the match ! Disgusting..

I hope you all receive free entry for the replay at the New Lawn, it's a long journey for a Tuesday night. Oh, if I were you i'd take your own pork pies, the catering is somewhat restricted even though the samosas are tasty.

Talking of leaders, I look on from afar at you Stags and very much admire what Mr Radford is doing at the One Call Stadium (Field Mill as it always will be to me). There are so many similarities between our two Clubs at the moment, a Chairman who is giving the supporters something to believe in, training pitches being built, community initiatives, two strong teams who I expect to see in League One next season competing against each other again. Teams worthy of the supporters getting behind them, these are heady days and should be embraced and enjoyed by all of us.

Both our Clubs have been through the mill in the past and it's good to see two local teams on the up together. Good luck for the rest of the season, apart from March 16th for obvious reasons.

Festive Salutations to you all

Same to you kaftanimp. It certainly is a good time to be a Stag or Imp. It's the best it's been in my 3 decades of supporting Mansfield anyway. Hope to see both of us playing in League 1 next season - the atmosphere is always cracking and we never lose to you ;)
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:56 pm

I fully understand the no refund decision and if anybody thinks Mansfield would have dealt with it differently you are in la la land.

All the match day staff still have to be paid.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:59 pm

True enough and I’m glad I couldn’t make the game. I may go to the replayed game as it’s onky 70 odd miles from my work in Basinggrad.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:16 pm

Of course it’s not the fault of FGR that the weather was atrocious.

But it’s equally atrocious that a L2 club is allowed to have a “stadium” with completely inadequate accommodation for visiting fans.

They have stands at each end of the ground. One could have been (and should have been) allocated to away supporters.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 pm

I didn’t realise that they’d moved the away area to the side. That’s unterhosen.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:30 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I didn’t realise that they’d moved the away area to the side. That’s unterhosen.
I wonder if they had a free choice about it or their SAG has started flexing its muscles?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:17 am

No idea if they're right, but the FGR fans seem to be a bit miffed at the arrangement for the replay after the ref cut short the first half of the match. Although the rules hinge on the half time abandonment they're saying that the first half was 44 minutes and then there was no pitch inspection. So match abandoned before half time.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:03 am

Bradders wrote:No idea if they're right, but the FGR fans seem to be a bit miffed at the arrangement for the replay after the ref cut short the first half of the match. Although the rules hinge on the half time abandonment they're saying that the first half was 44 minutes and then there was no pitch inspection. So match abandoned before half time.

they are wrong saying that it was 44 minutes. It was 45 minutes 3 seconds as I said above. As I also said above, he should have added on one minute for the stoppage when he got the captains together, but hardly unusual to add the wrong number of minutes for stoppage time.

"then (at HT) there was no pitch inspection" - I think we could all see it was unplayable, we'd had a 45 minute pitch inspection.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:15 pm

That he called it three seconds after the refund time stinks.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum