{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bobby

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bobby

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:05 am

Kenwood wrote:I’d say the only difference is Bobby is better from crosses and demanding his 6 yard box

Conrad is probably a better shot stopper and can pass a ball 40-50 yards very accurately normally.

It’s a blow but we could have lost someone a lot more influential in our team / season in my opinion.

We will be fine

"The only difference" :lol: what about the balls over the top to a pacy forward and Bobbys there sweeping up, Logan's rooted to his line too fat to run, it's embarrassing for a professional sportsman
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:50 am

The confidence that Bobby gives the defence is something that is just not with Conrad between the posts.

I, I am afraid, of the opinion that one cross not dealt with by the Polar Bear will put cracks in the back line.

Need another keeper I am afraid.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:53 am

We need a new keeper. Logan is not the answer. He made a lot of errors last season that most overlooked due to a few good saves. Olejnik is quick off his line and has made very few errors in comparison.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bux46 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:43 am

When Logan had the shirt we all thought we had a decent keeper.... then Bobby took over and we all saw the difference ... Mr Logan Please think quicker on your release, act quicker to the balls over the top, and for god's sake command your 6yd line, then we might not miss Bobby so much, its all down to you Conrad ..... Good LUCK
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby adamstag » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:44 am

I didn't think he was upto it and I think the Colchester game was the final straw for many, including the manager

However

1) Pickford made a similar mistake against Liverpool the other week, and he's the national keeper
2) Who's to say that they've not been working on crosses and distribution (i'd question the GK coach - in whatever capacity we have one - if they weren't) and he's improved?
3) He's a great defence infront of him which will be a big help
4) If worst comes to the worst, January is around the corner.

Lastly, I wish Bobby all the very best - he's been brilliant for us and hes gelled with the defence brilliantly - if we're to obtain a top 3 or top 7 spot the new GK has to form the same relationship
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:46 am

Although Conrad has many good qualities as a keeper, 3 at the back and a keeper who doesn't deal with crosses simply do not go together.

We have looked vulnerable to crosses and balls to the far post even with a good catching keeper and unfortunately that won't improve.

Conrad is the better shot stopper but his get up time is just not good enough and with fewer bodies to clear the loose ball it will end up in the net more.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:32 am

PRL13 wrote:Funny how when I used tp berate Logan, I got castigasted. Now a lot don`t seem to rate him!

It’s called a mob culture. Doesn’t mean you’re right.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:45 am

SINA STAG wrote:Come on guys Conrad made one really bad error against Colchester that cost him his place Bobby stepped up took his chance however football can deal some bad cards I wish Bobby a speedy recovery n hopefully see him next season in division one. As with Conrad were blessed to have two great keepers and with bad luck comes good luck to the young keeper playing for the under 21s his time to step up n be part of the 1st team covering for Conrad if needed hopefully not.

COYS Let's get behind the team were all Mansfield

Exactly
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:48 am

Stoney wrote:
part time pete wrote:I can’t believe majority are saying Sam Wilson isn’t good enough when vast majority have never seen him play

Is he good enough Pete?

IF he's the lad I've seen then no chance, It'd be like putting a school kid in net against grown men.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:56 am

Terrible news for Bobby - hopefully Logan can slot back in.

I do worry about his ball distribution when we play it out from the back.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:02 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:New training ground.....Mmmm....how did the injury happen?

So what are you inferring... that the new training ground is responsible?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Spiritater wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:New training ground.....Mmmm....how did the injury happen?

3G pitches cause more injuries, especially Knee related than Grass... A lot of boots are banned from public 3G pitches because the risk is so high.

Everytime I've played on 3G I've always been scared ill plant my foot and turn and do my knee, I've seen it happen 4 times on 3G and never on a grass pitch.

Seems more than a coincidence this happens when they start training on it.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:46 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Come on guys Conrad made one really bad error against Colchester that cost him his place Bobby stepped up took his chance however football can deal some bad cards I wish Bobby a speedy recovery n hopefully see him next season in division one. As with Conrad were blessed to have two great keepers and with bad luck comes good luck to the young keeper playing for the under 21s his time to step up n be part of the 1st team covering for Conrad if needed hopefully not.

COYS Let's get behind the team were all Mansfield

Exactly

disagree

Conrad very seldom holds on to the ball . He prefers to punch the ball away as far as he can leaving the defenders to fight for possession and clear , Bobby tends to claim the ball more and then throw the ball out to a teammate . When the Keeper starts a move by passing to a player in space it gives the team to the chance to build moves they have practiced or play to our strengths . When the Keeper scrambles or punches the ball clear it means we are making it up as we go along IF we get possession .

i agree with other posters that there is little to choose between them for stopping shots , it is more a case of how they stop them and what happens after .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Kenwood wrote:I’d say the only difference is Bobby is better from crosses and demanding his 6 yard box

Conrad is probably a better shot stopper and can pass a ball 40-50 yards very accurately normally.

It’s a blow but we could have lost someone a lot more influential in our team / season in my opinion.

We will be fine

"The only difference" :lol: what about the balls over the top to a pacy forward and Bobbys there sweeping up, Logan's rooted to his line too fat to run, it's embarrassing for a professional sportsman

Not done bad for himself having a career as a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER including many years at premiership Leicester, I’m sure he’s gutted you rate him so low.
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:25 pm

Spiritater wrote:

2&2 my old!!! Those 4G pitches could be responsible for all I know.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:33 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Was he on the 4G pitch when he incurred the injury?
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:03 pm

That's such a blow to us and our season.

Let's win tomorrow and dedicate it to Bobby.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:59 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

JR OUT!! then, how dare he invest loadsa cash in a state of the art facility . We'd have been better off on t'local dog crap infested park.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:51 pm

Spiritater wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

JR OUT!! then, how dare he invest loadsa cash in a state of the art facility . We'd have been better off on t'local dog crap infested park.

I do find it incredibly stupid that the first team train on 4G, even with the proper boots they can still be dangerous. It's about time we invested in a desso pitch, at field mill and the training ground, they last 10 years and never really wears out throughout the season.

Derby had one(4G) but the first team never went near it, strictly not allowed in any circumstance. Funny though because Yeovil trained on it when they played us at home and had two players injured and missed the game that weekend.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:26 pm

I would have thought the 4g pitch is for locals to use (wasn't that part of the deal?) and for the first team to train on in cold weather when grass is unplayable.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Spiritater wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

The dog crap would have been a softer landing :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:42 pm

No moans about Logan last season when we were 4th in jan under Evans .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:43 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

The dog crap would have been a softer landing :lol:

Or a spirite player with no sense of direction.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:09 pm

daddycool wrote:No moans about Logan last season when we were 4th in jan under Evans .

To be fair, as good as Logan was at shot stopping, he was responsible for a fair few goals due to either poor positioning and handling or lapses in concentration.

Luton at home is the one that most springs to mind.

Still a good keeper for the level, but not As good as Bobby in my opinion.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:38 am

Sedgwick wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

I do find it incredibly stupid that the first team train on 4G, even with the proper boots they can still be dangerous. It's about time we invested in a desso pitch, at field mill and the training ground, they last 10 years and never really wears out throughout the season.

Derby had one(4G) but the first team never went near it, strictly not allowed in any circumstance. Funny though because Yeovil trained on it when they played us at home and had two players injured and missed the game that weekend.

How odd then that the English Rugby champions and the Scottish ones both play on 4G and don’t seem to suffer injuries
And please don’t trot out the different sport angle. It doesn’t fly.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum