{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts Co (a) 16 Feb moved to 1pm

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Notts Co (a) 16 Feb moved to 1pm

Postby lancer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:36 pm

What im saying is they move the game to a earlier kick off to stop fans turning up drunk, but all that happens is they start earler and spend more time getting drunk. Understand ?
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:54 pm

lancer wrote:What im saying is they move the game to a earlier kick off to stop fans turning up drunk, but all that happens is they start earler and spend more time getting drunk. Understand ?

I couldn’t make my one pint of a Dark Fruits stretch that far :)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:14 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
lancer wrote:3 oclock kick off ...........start drinking at 1200 ish til 2300 ish .....11hrs on the lash
1 o'clock kick off...........start drinking at 0900 til 2300 ish ........ 14hrs on the lash
Dont make any sence to me

Neither does your post

It makes perfect sense.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:27 pm

adamstag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
adamstag wrote:The problem being is that the police will claim that them moving the match to 1pm has meant there was no arrests (or reduction of)

Is it only Mansfield that suffers from this?
It seems around 50% of the non tv 1pm kickoffs involve us. How do the other 91 clubs avoid this sanction?

They don't deal with Nottinghamshire Police - regularly one of the worst performing police forces in the country.

Either that or the club don't negotiate with them very well.

I loved how us Vs Lincoln was a 1pm KO with a 9,500 crowd yet Forest Vs Millwall with a crowd around 25,000 was a regular KO. Figure that one out.

The Police have done reasonable well according to their most recent assessment by Zoë Billingham, Her Majesty’s Inspector of Constabulary

https://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk ... ghamshire/

Though one area requires improvement

The extent to which the force is effective at keeping people safe and reducing crime is good.

The extent to which the force is efficient at keeping people safe and reducing crime requires improvement.

The extent to which the force is legitimate at keeping people safe and reducing crime is good.
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:20 pm

lancer wrote:3 oclock kick off ...........start drinking at 1200 ish til 2300 ish .....11hrs on the lash
1 o'clock kick off...........start drinking at 0900 til 2300 ish ........ 14hrs on the lash

You know what I do, get in the car, drive to the game, watch the game, drive home then have a nice glass of red whilst reading the highly intellectual posts on Stagsnet. Complete weirdo aren't I? I mean, imagine watching a game of football sober .....
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:26 pm

Rob wrote:

You know what I do, get in the car, drive to the game, watch the game, drive home then have a nice glass of red whilst reading the highly intellectual posts on Stagsnet. Complete weirdo aren't I? I mean, imagine watching a game of football sober .....

Rob, on behalf of everyone else on Stagsnet, ‘yes, you completely are’! :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:41 am

I am Spartacus wrote:
Rob wrote:

Rob, on behalf of everyone else on Stagsnet, ‘yes, you completely are’! :lol:

Thanks! I have to say having read this forum for a couple of decades, I think not only do a lot of Stags fans get drunk before going to games, they also get drunk before posting on here. Might have been guilty of that myself every now and then :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Rob wrote:

whats wrong with seeing your mates and having a few beers?
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Rob wrote:

Nothing, you can do that and still get to the game for 1pm no problem! The problem comes when folk get wasted, attend the game and then kick off. I've been going a long, long time and seen it far, far too often. This is why local games kick off early and this is why we have the gate at the North Stand. You won't have to look hard on 16 Feb to see what I mean.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Rob wrote:

Must be something wrong with it because you don’t do it anymore
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Ooooooooooossssh.

Owned...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:31 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Rob wrote:

Must be something wrong with it because you don’t do it anymore

:lol: :lol:
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered before.

Have the guides lines and criteria that a fixture must meet to be considered for a non-standard kick off been published before? Either by the police, the EFL or by the club? This would at least enable supporters to further understand what is meant by the phrase ‘police advice’.

I am by no means asking for a definitive justification for this fixture against County but the broad guidelines which I assume must be discussed between the SAG, the police and both clubs prior to decisions being made.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 am

[quote="I am Spartacus"]Apologies if this has already been asked and answered before.

Have the guides lines and criteria that a fixture must meet to be considered for a non-standard kick off been published before? Either by the police, the EFL or by the club? This would at least enable supporters to further understand what is meant by the phrase ‘police advice’.

I am by no means asking for a definitive justification for this fixture against County but the broad guidelines which I assume must be discussed between the SAG, the police and both clubs prior to decisions being made.[/quote]

I'll have a pint of what Spartacus has had......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:17 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Apologies if this has already been asked and answered before.

I am by no means asking for a definitive justification for this fixture against County but the broad guidelines which I assume must be discussed between the SAG, the police and both clubs prior to decisions being made.

Sometimes in life everyone has a moment of clarity. That was mine. I’ll try not to let it happen again.

Now it’s out tonight in Mansfield with thoughts of beer, football, blondes and lime green jelly.

Come on you Stags!!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:12 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:Apologies if this has already been asked and answered before.

Sometimes in life everyone has a moment of clarity. That was mine. I’ll try not to let it happen again.

Now it’s out tonight in Mansfield with thoughts of beer, football, blondes and lime green jelly.

Come on you Stags!!

Such perversion. Blondes, indeed!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Not related to this topic. How does the police shift patterns work and when do overtime costs start to be incurred?
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:11 pm

sunray wrote:Not related to this topic. How does the police shift patterns work and when do overtime costs start to be incurred?

I wouldn't be supprised if this was a factor. An 8/9am start for the 1pm KO with most of the crowd control done and dusted by 4pm. With a 3pm KO they still need high numbers quite early and it's all still busy till 6pm, so a longer shift...

There will be people who've gone overboard after the game and into the night regardless of KO time.

Does darkness play a factor. It's easier to monitor and police people in daylight ay 3pm after the game?

Earlier start times seem to lose a bit of atmosphere. The Friday night match at there place was rocking, but no doubt much harder to police.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:19 pm

sunray wrote:Not related to this topic. How does the police shift patterns work and when do overtime costs start to be incurred?

6 on 4 off rolling shift pattern. Shifts are 9 hours long so no need for overtime really as 9 hours should comfortably cover any issues relating to football I imagine.

The football probably won't be overtime it will be for officers who are PSU trained and they will get a day back in lieu if their shift is changed to cover footy.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:30 am

A lot of police also get their holiday/rest day cancelled so they are available for high profile matches too.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:47 am

Dan wrote:A lot of police also get their holiday/rest day cancelled so they are available for high profile matches too.

Yep but sometimes get reinstated.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:10 am

Dan wrote:A lot of police also get their holiday/rest day cancelled so they are available for high profile matches too.

Well that makes me feel better.

They don't need such a ludicrious number of police anyway, as mentioned on the Saturday we played County, they caused more problems than they solved. Obviously there needs to higher than regular but someone would have thought it was an EDL march or a massive security operation :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:00 am

Wasting your time writing to the FA.

If the Police are concerned re public safety they will do all they can to protect the public, if that means an earlier KO then so be it.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:36 am

I honestly don't see what the fuss is about 1pm kick-offs. So what? If drinking is your thing, there's still plenty of time to drink. 1pm kick-offs never stopped us going to spoons in Lincoln or Nottingham did it?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:56 am

ParisStag wrote:I honestly don't see what the fuss is about 1pm kick-offs. So what? If drinking is your thing, there's still plenty of time to drink. 1pm kick-offs never stopped us going to spoons in Lincoln or Nottingham did it?

I actually don't mind them.

Can do more with your afternoon and watch the scores come in. We're also unbeaten in about 11 of them. I just think the police get their knickers in a twist so easily.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum