{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FGR scorefred sponsored by missing apprentice (Tuesday Game)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Ouch! Horrific facial injuries for Rovers keeper

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:33 am

I felt a bit bad for the keeper. As he walked past I asked him what he had done. He just smiled and blood poured out
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Re: FGR scorefred sponsored by missing apprentice (Tuesday G

Postby victor A block » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:51 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Just watching the game on iFollow. Quite a strange game between 2nd and 4th in the league in what sounded like a subdued atmosphere. FGR dominated possession but were happy to play the patient passing game without a lot of penetration. Carl Winchester and Rhys Brown seemed to control the midfield and have lots of time on the ball. The Stags looked lively on the counter attack in the 1st half especially Jorge Grant, Nicky Ajose and Tyler Walker. I thought the FGR keeper, Montgomery, should have saved Jorge Grant's shot for the goal. FGR needed to up the tempo and when they did this in the 2nd half they equalized and looked a lot more dangerous. Lloyd James did well for them as a sub in the 2nd half. Gethin Jones nearly scored with his first touch as a sub but ended up kicking Montgomery in the head as he went for the ball. Ryan Sweeney seemed to let Liam Shephard's cross go over him for the FGR goal and Krystian Pearce let Reuben Reid run off him. Jorge Grant probably had our best chance of the game to give us the lead again from CJ's cross but then Reuben Reid had a glorious chance to score when clean through. We were hanging on at the end. A good save by Jordan Smith from Rhys Brown's shot and then Christian Doidge's header from the corner seemed to hit Gunning on the back of his head. I don't know if it was going in. Overall a good point. FGR will be pushing the current top 3 all the way.

My MOM were Jorge Grant and Mal Benning.

Agree pretty much although i thought Benning stood off his man far too much for the cross that led to their goal.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:39 pm

I'll have another look Victor. I thought Mal made some good blocks in the 1st half which is not normally one of his strengths. One criticism I normally have of him defensively is that he lets crosses/shots in too easily. However against FGR he blocked/tackled well and did not give the ball away very much. Neal Bishop and CJ Hamilton gave it away far more. Bishop has definitely been below par the last couple of games. I also thought Jacob Mellis had little impact on the game. I thought Winchester/Brown/James and even Paul Digby played better for FGR than Bishop and Mellis.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:42 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'll have another look Victor. I thought Mal made some good blocks in the 1st half which is not normally one of his strengths. One criticism I normally have of him defensively is that he lets crosses/shots in too easily. However against FGR he blocked/tackled well and did not give the ball away very much. Neal Bishop and CJ Hamilton gave it away far more. Bishop has definitely been below par the last couple of games. I also thought Jacob Mellis had little impact on the game. I thought Winchester/Brown/James and even Paul Digby played better for FGR than Bishop and Mellis.

Don't worry, if they're out of form we've got Atkinson
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum