{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Motivational Management

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Motivational Management

Postby Number63 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:46 pm

I was sat near the dugout today and was very impressed by the managers people management skills.

He continually praised and motivated players. He praised having a go even if things didn't come off, and gave encouragement to players who were substituted.

His passion when we scored was very clear to see.

He made strong representation to the fourth official without arguing the toss on each decsion. Though the ref made an incorrect descion to book him, he maintained his composure.

He also took time out to offer his lucazade drink to a fan and spoke to another to suggest they got behind the team rather than berating them for a miss.

Very impressive.
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Motivational Management

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 pm

Number63 wrote:I was sat near the dugout today and was very impressed by the managers people management skills.

He continually praised and motivated players. He praised having a go even if things didn't come off, and gave encouragement to players who were substituted.

His passion when we scored was very clear to see.

He made strong representation to the fourth official without arguing the toss on each decsion. Though the ref made an incorrect descion to book him, he maintained his composure.

He also took time out to offer his lucazade drink to a fan and spoke to another to suggest they got behind the team rather than berating them for a miss.

Very impressive.
Definately a big improvement on the last manager, in that regard.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby StagR » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:31 pm

Regardless of where we end up under his stewardship, David Flitcroft is a man of principle and integrity. Some previous Managers have not displayed such qualities. We should appreciate, thank and respect him and enjoy the ride. There is a reason the Radfords have been patient. Just look at today’s opponents and the situation they are in . . .
StagR
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby acasman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:35 am

Like the way he called Mellis over after the booking and got him to calm down and focus.
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:43 am

StagR wrote:Regardless of where we end up under his stewardship, David Flitcroft is a man of principle and integrity. Some previous Managers have not displayed such qualities. We should appreciate, thank and respect him and enjoy the ride. There is a reason the Radfords have been patient. Just look at today’s opponents and the situation they are in . . .

They have been patient with all their managers, it's nice to see for it is without doubt the best way forward. As I've said countless times over the years, clubs that hire and fire their managers constantly are usually clubs in decline, no better examples than our two closest rivals.

For me the biggest thing DF has brought to the club is a style of football that does not make your eyes bleed, I enjoy watching us play.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:24 am

How did Ardley behave?
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:01 pm

It was disappointing to hear DF have to mention fans behind him moaning first half. Why people feel the need to still be so negative I just don't get. There is a few behind where we sit that are just like it. Moaning on constantly, 'ger it forod', 'ger it in t'box'. Absolutely no patience or credit for the way we play.

We like to keep the ball. Get used to it and get behind the team.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:27 pm

Only a couple were moaning in d block. It's the same most weeks but DF did give them the look and they soon went quiet. Yesterday we played some decent stuff and unsure why anyone would moan we made county look very poor whilst we look a team full of confidence well done david flitcroft
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Arseheads like that need to be challenged and told to shut up when the criticism is unwarranted.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:18 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Arseheads like that need to be challenged and told to shut up when the criticism is unwarranted.

It’s a pity you weren’t there to tell them Belly :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:19 pm

Jamie wrote:It was disappointing to hear DF have to mention fans behind him moaning first half. Why people feel the need to still be so negative I just don't get. There is a few behind where we sit that are just like it. Moaning on constantly, 'ger it forod', 'ger it in t'box'. Absolutely no patience or credit for the way we play.

Where do abc and oldweststander sit?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Jamie wrote:It was disappointing to hear DF have to mention fans behind him moaning first half. Why people feel the need to still be so negative I just don't get. There is a few behind where we sit that are just like it. Moaning on constantly, 'ger it forod', 'ger it in t'box'. Absolutely no patience or credit for the way we play.

In the wrong!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:37 pm

What is up with some of our supporters? Do they think they are George Best? Things are on the up!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Spiritater wrote:

ABC on his keyboard and Oldweststander..... the clue is in the name :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:26 pm

The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Really, can he see from the scrap yard?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Spiritater wrote:

you're not paying attention Spiro, abc told us after the Port Vale game that he sits in Quarry Lane end.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:41 pm

I agree Jamie. We have and always will have fans like that. All clubs have them and they are entitled to their opinion. I just wish they were a little less vocal. At the end of the day 95% of us know it's a good time to be a Stags fan right now. There is a togetherness now at the club which encompasses owner, manager, players, staff and fans. Long may it continue.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
The One wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Really, can he see from the scrap yard?

I still call IGS west stand like south stand is QLE to me
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:51 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Arseheads like that need to be challenged and told to shut up when the criticism is unwarranted.

That's rarely the best approach. How often is something like that likely to have a positive outcome?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Philip » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Well I turned up on a rare visit. After last season witnessing Forest Green and Crawley and not seeing Mansfield win for 3 seasons - as I say rare visits - was hoping for better, especially after avidly reading reports of games so far this season.

Maybe I am easily pleased, but this was a corker, the type of football, the commitment, the fitness levels and sheer excitement gave me more entertainment in one visit than the last few games combined.

I too saw the manager giving immediate praise, I too saw the manager eyeballing a fan, I too saw players enjoying having the freedom to play and in what were likely damp conditions at times turning in some excellent moves and play. I don't care what the opposition were like, they were made to look it.

In the bogs afterwards the guy adjacent was 'enthusiastic' - we apparently were poor in the first half but gradually got on top. At this point I turned to him and offered him a stream of..no I didn't.

Alot has changed on the pitch, perhaps some things off the pitch never will change.

On the evidence of Saturday much to look forward to, at last!

Thank you to the team, you made my day.
Philip
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Number63 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:57 pm

acasman wrote:Like the way he called Mellis over after the booking and got him to calm down and focus.

Yep....spot on
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Number63 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:01 pm

PHILIP wrote:Well I turned up on a rare visit. After last season witnessing Forest Green and Crawley and not seeing Mansfield win for 3 seasons - as I say rare visits - was hoping for better, especially after avidly reading reports of games so far this season.

Maybe I am easily pleased, but this was a corker, the type of football, the commitment, the fitness levels and sheer excitement gave me more entertainment in one visit than the last few games combined.

I too saw the manager giving immediate praise, I too saw the manager eyeballing a fan, I too saw players enjoying having the freedom to play and in what were likely damp conditions at times turning in some excellent moves and play. I don't care what the opposition were like, they were made to look it.

In the bogs afterwards the guy adjacent was 'enthusiastic' - we apparently were poor in the first half but gradually got on top. At this point I turned to him and offered him a stream of..no I didn't.

Alot has changed on the pitch, perhaps some things off the pitch never will change.

Excellent......great gag in the middle of that.
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:56 am

PHILIP wrote:Well I turned up on a rare visit. After last season witnessing Forest Green and Crawley and not seeing Mansfield win for 3 seasons - as I say rare visits - was hoping for better, especially after avidly reading reports of games so far this season.

You have to remember we have an element of fans who sacrificed brain cells for vocal chords a long time ago :P

They're the ones you usually see in the pub before or after the game, imparting their bias as fact and refusing to allow others to speak or sway opinion. Differing viewpoints is one thing, but amazingly these fans are never wrong and happily brush aside 'past misjudgements' away as if never happened. They're too fixated with being right to worry about the vast catalogue of times they weren't! ;)

They're also the ones people generally cheer when stomping out of the pub in morale outrage after losing face :lol:
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:27 pm

We are very lucky to have DF, JR knew what he needed and got the right man. In a cutthroat arena DF and his staff have been professional, honest and candid about the front and back step of the club. The previous manager is continuing to draw games and lose momentum in the last ten minutes. See the comparison to last year. We are grinding out results home and away and the players have similar skills, a different mindset but fitter that is obvious. Look at Mellis DF is the right leader as the football is attractive. Notts Cty looked Conference to me with long balls and kick and run culture. Keep the faith guys success is just around the corner.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:46 am

Hey Edders, was that a dig at me?

If so I think you are wide of the mark, I don't bawl out or moan about our style of play, or do anything similar on Stagsnet. Also, I don't force my opinions on people and call others who do not agree.

Sit in IGU if that makes you feel better.

Is age creeping up on uyou?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum