{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January Transfers Thread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:11 pm

jeevesthestag wrote:Heard a 'friend of a friend' rumour today that the Cowleys are lined up to go to Forest. He also claimed that his mate knew about Evans going to Peterborough a few days before it happened!


Not buying that for a minute. Do you know how rich the forest owner is? They wouldn't employ that pair of lower league Essex widebodys.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:12 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
jeevesthestag wrote:Heard a 'friend of a friend' rumour today that the Cowleys are lined up to go to Forest. He also claimed that his mate knew about Evans going to Peterborough a few days before it happened!


Not buying that for a minute. Do you know how rich the forest owner is? They wouldn't employ that pair of lower league Essex widebodys.


The favourite is Jokanovic. Would be bad news re Grant if it was the Cowleys as they would sell/loan to us I don't think.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4254
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby yellowstagsfan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:12 pm

They want Jovanovic
yellowstagsfan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 519
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:01 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Ooooh what would you rather have - Cowleys go and derail Lincoln, but refuse to give us Grant OR they stay and we get him?
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby Sneag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:16 pm

ParisStag wrote:Ooooh what would you rather have - Cowleys go and derail Lincoln, but refuse to give us Grant OR they stay and we get him?


I'd rather the Cowleys went to Luton, just to give me another reason to hate all three of them.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7614
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby S7AGS » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:17 pm

'Special Relationship' gone if they appoint the Cowley's!
S7AGS
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:51 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Forest is a step too far for the Cowleys. I can't see Forest fans taking to hoof ball and bashing opponents.
Who are you calling pedantic? I resemble that remark!
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2037
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Really would be shocked if they went for the Cowleys. Owners have a lot of money to spend supposedly and really want promotion so a league 2 manager would be a huge risk, especially considering they just sacked a manager that the fans liked. Poor football style as well.
BH_Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Big Sam lives bear Brum, he could do a job.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2820
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:54 pm

oldweststander wrote:Big Sam lives bear Brum, he could do a job.


He lives near Bolton.
Edders
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6995
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:14 pm

ParisStag wrote:Ooooh what would you rather have - Cowleys go and derail Lincoln, but refuse to give us Grant OR they stay and we get him?

And of course the possibility of The Cowley's recalling / selling Tyler Walker. Also the "special relationship" going from us to Lincoln :o
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby adoptedstag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:28 pm

It'll be a continental manager , probably plying his trade in Greece.
User avatar
adoptedstag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby lifestags » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:40 pm

No signing today then? Must of been grant if so.
lifestags
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1465
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:42 pm

lifestags wrote:No signing today then? Must of been grant if so.


The Grant rumours seem to stack up with Carolyn being confident yesterday, then the sacking stalling things hence no signing.
BH_Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:21 am

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:54 pm

Hey kebab and chips my amigos
spanishstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby Binghamstag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:57 pm

If true I would have expected them to recall Walker today. I do however believe we may get some news later tonight 're signing
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:06 pm

Binghamstag wrote:If true I would have expected them to recall Walker today. I do however believe we may get some news later tonight 're signing


Where are you hearing that? A source?
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:16 pm

spanishstag wrote:Hey kebab and chips my amigos


Sounds good to me. Mine is a chicken shish.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:16 pm

this is a shame

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18291
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:this is a shame



Why a shame?
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4838
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby tmwilson » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:42 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:this is a shame



Was this the defender we was after Martin ?

Ex Bury
tmwilson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:44 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Hey kebab and chips my amigos


Sounds good to me. Mine is a chicken shish.

Excuse my ignorance bwtf is chicken shish ,dont sound good
spanishstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:46 pm

spanishstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Hey kebab and chips my amigos


Sounds good to me. Mine is a chicken shish.

Excuse my ignorance bwtf is chicken shish ,dont sound good


It's a type of kebab. Where the chicken is grilled on skewers over coals.

"Chicken Shish (Şiş Tavuk) is a classic Turkish kebab that is also found all over the Middle East, with its roots in Syria and the Persian Empire. It is also one of the simplest kebabs in terms of ingredients, but getting it right is an art form: the meat has to be very tender and juicy, perfectly charred and well seasoned. A great trick they use in Turkey is to squeeze half a tomato into the marinade—the acidity helps tenderize the meat, and the sugars keep it sweet and help it turn a glorious golden color as it cooks."
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:00 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Hey kebab and chips my amigos


Sounds good to me. Mine is a chicken shish.

Excuse my ignorance bwtf is chicken shish ,dont sound good


It's a type of kebab. Where the chicken is grilled on skewers over coals.

"Chicken Shish (Şiş Tavuk) is a classic Turkish kebab that is also found all over the Middle East, with its roots in Syria and the Persian Empire. It is also one of the simplest kebabs in terms of ingredients, but getting it right is an art form: the meat has to be very tender and juicy, perfectly charred and well seasoned. A great trick they use in Turkey is to squeeze half a tomato into the marinade—the acidity helps tenderize the meat, and the sugars keep it sweet and help it turn a glorious golden color as it cooks."


So it dont come with mushy peas and gravy
spanishstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby tmwilson » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:05 pm

This is a football thread not come dine with me
tmwilson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2128
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4dstag, Dp1976, hucknall stag, ianb, kcassellsfootygenius, Kenwood, marker_mtfc95, Random Hero, Sandy Pate Best Stag, Scothie the Stag, Sneag, stagtastic1, tillydog123, Tippy Tappy Football, yellowstagsfan and 63 guests