{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January Transfers Thread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby tmwilson » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:40 am

mousemousemouse wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:easy to check who is a free agent from 2019 just go on line and google
really hope we haven’t egged this one up to fall flat at kick off with an “oh”

in CR & JR we trust

Doesn’t have to be a free agent. Might’ve signed them late on Thursday night and waited to announce?

Exactly . Carolyn did hint we had signed someone on deadline day . Although as I've said earlier , although we could keep it quiet the parent club would announce it . I still think it could be one of our loan players
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:46 am

tmwilson wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:easy to check who is a free agent from 2019 just go on line and google

in CR & JR we trust

Doesn’t have to be a free agent. Might’ve signed them late on Thursday night and waited to announce?

Exactly . Carolyn did hint we had signed someone on deadline day . Although as I've said earlier , although we could keep it quiet the parent club would announce it . I still think it could be one of our loan players

That’s a good point, plus we would announce a brand new player with a tweet and a photo. I presume we have to sign a loan on a permo deal within that transfer window right? Same rules apply?

Walker would be fantastic, he clearly loves it here
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:48 am

tmwilson wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:

in CR & JR we trust

This makes a lot of sense, and would make sense to announce before kick off to give the crowd a boost rather than make the starting line up wonder whose place a new signing just announced before kick off might be taking. I guess most of us would be wondering where any new signing would go in the current first 11, I cant think of anywhere where the starting 11 needs strengthening right now with a 'big name' - we need strong back up more than we need starting players, e.g, a Bishop type cover for Bishop but not a replacement, a cover for the Back 3 too but not a replacement. Which kind of rules out a new first teamer to upset the current balance of an in-form team. I'm going for Ajose or Walker permanent. With someone like the Burton player to also come in on loan as cover.
Last edited by Marky Mark on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:49 am

Also, it would fit that forest might’ve waited until the last hour before deciding to let him come to us on a full contract. I’d be thrilled if we did sign him
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:53 am

mousemousemouse wrote:Also, it would fit that forest might’ve waited until the last hour before deciding to let him come to us on a full contract. I’d be thrilled if we did sign him

Also it would have made sense to sound out a new Forest manager, in his first week, with a tempting bid on a player he knows nothing about that is on loan to a League 2 club, when he's probably trying to raise funds for his own first team.
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:53 am

At least its not Lee Angol I think that would have been met with the same underwhelming reaction as the Lincoln fan base.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:55 am

With DF hinting he wanted another player and with us releasing 3 on Thursday, surely all efforts would have been to sign another player, rather than one of the existing loans.

I think this has to an addition to the squad
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:55 am

Marky Mark wrote:
mousemousemouse wrote:Also, it would fit that forest might’ve waited until the last hour before deciding to let him come to us on a full contract. I’d be thrilled if we did sign him

Also it would have made sense to sound out a new Forest manager, in his first week, with a tempting bid on a player he knows nothing about that is on loan to a League 2 club, when he's probably trying to raise funds for his own first team.

A lot of it will be dealt with above the manager.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:03 pm

Billy the fish wrote:The new Paul Nyland will be paraded before K/o along with JL coys !!!

Hard to recognize Paul nowdays, he could hide behind a lamppost now he's lost that much weight.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:03 pm

Keiran Monlouis(CM) was release by Hamilton academical
Mitchell Lund (RB/CB) was released by Doncaster.

Both young players who Flitcroft may feel he can improve. There is Jordon Mutch as well but I doubt it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:04 pm

Signing one of the loaners would be great business, but it would be a bit anti climatic after the 3 day build up.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bluenyellow » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:08 pm

there saying exciting news now so who knows
Doc said i needed a pacemaker,so ive now got a flippin kenyan 2 yds in front of me everywhere i go.
bluenyellow
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:10 pm

Sneag wrote:Signing one of the loaners would be great business, but it would be a bit anti climatic after the 3 day build up.

Not for me. If we sign any of the 3 Forest players, it'll be bigger than most possible new signings.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Tyler for me, he's seen where we're going and he wants to keep on playing a big part in it. The lad's getting better game on game.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:17 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Sneag wrote:Signing one of the loaners would be great business, but it would be a bit anti climatic after the 3 day build up.

Not for me. If we sign any of the 3 Forest players, it'll be bigger than most possible new signings.

I agree . I'd be over the moon if we signed any of our loan players . In fact , if we did sign a new player , we could be disappointed it wasnt one of the loanees.
Flitcrift has done great business so far so I'm sure whoever it is it will be good news .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:18 pm

Spiritater wrote:Tyler for me, he's seen where we're going and he wants to keep on playing a big part in it. The lad's getting better game on game.

Could also be related to the sell-on fee that CR was referencing the other day. I presumed it turned out to be Sweeney but could be Walker
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:23 pm

It’ll be Ben Turner I bet
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:27 pm

Strange she put NOT in capital letters. It leads me to believe the NOT means something to do with NOTtingham Forest.

Caution I could be way off line. I hope it's not the other NOT team :?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:30 pm

BH_Stag wrote:It’ll be Ben Turner I bet

Allegedly injured and out with a calf strain for at least a few weeks.

Derby fans seem to want to sign him up though.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:33 pm

I can't see it being Walker or Grant. Their value is only going to increase over the next half season so why would Forest sell them now? In terms of the Forest budget, any fee we would pay would be comparatively small even if we stretched to £1 million (which would be unbelievable). I would think there would be an additional signing on fee not to mention increased wages.

Additionally Forest are training these players to go into their first team squad and that is the reason to loan them in the first place. If I were a Forest fan and my club sold them at this stage, I would be disappointed. After all they have to have players available in a couple of years and why pay for them when you can develop them. Both players are showing they will probably cut it at championship level at least.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Agreed. I'd be a bit surprised if Walker commits at this point. Much more likely if/when he knows he'd be competing in at least League 1 next season.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:It’ll be Ben Turner I bet

Allegedly injured and out with a calf strain for at least a few weeks.

Derby fans seem to want to sign him up though.

He’d be a decent signing, though I’m more than happy with our current CB’s and I think everyone is. He’d come in as cover.

Wouldn’t warrant the build up with the photos and ‘will be worth the wait’, but we’ll see!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 pm

I hate waiting to find out, but the more I think about it the more I want it to be Walker.

Why announce an external signing just before a game if he's not playing? It's expected to be a great crowd today, so it would only make sense to get the crowd buzzing even more by announcing Walker signing. Everyone loves him (now he's scoring haha).

If it was Ben Turner, they could've announced it yesterday? A pre-kick announcement make it more likely to be a loanee
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:44 pm

mousemousemouse wrote:I hate waiting to find out, but the more I think about it the more I want it to be Walker.

Why announce an external signing just before a game if he's not playing? It's expected to be a great crowd today, so it would only make sense to get the crowd buzzing even more by announcing Walker signing. Everyone loves him (now he's scoring haha).

If it was Ben Turner, they could've announced it yesterday? A pre-kick announcement make it more likely to be a loanee

If Turner supposedly has a knock then he wouldn’t be in the squad, would make sense with the announcement before kick off if he’s not involved.
I’d hope we’re not signing a 30+ who’s currently injured personally but if it’s him I’m sure he’ll play his part. Also don’t think the whole ‘it’ll be worth wait’ and other photos would be fitting for a CB released by Burton.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum