{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January Transfers Thread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:06 pm

https://www.footballinsider247.com/excl ... west-brom/

Aston villa now circling for CJ Hamilton.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:00 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-aston-villa-to-make-formal-move-to-sign-23-yr-old-wanted-by-west-brom/

Not for sale
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:30 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-aston-villa-to-make-formal-move-to-sign-23-yr-old-wanted-by-west-brom/

Not for sale

If it was £1.5 million could we really say no? Where do you draw the line, he has his price.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:38 pm

I’d sell for that price.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:39 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:I’d sell for that price.
We'd be foolish not too.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:44 pm

agent turning his head or genuine dip in form but c j has been off the pace last three games just like others have,silly offers would prob have to be considered but only if the players head has been turned,imo....he's not ready for the jump to championship and another year wouldnt hurt him
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:10 pm

At the figures being suggested, we couldn’t keep him if he wanted to go. He is going to go sooner or later. I just hope he finds the right niche.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:18 pm

The club will have a price that they are willing to let CJ go. I'm happy for them to decide. As long as we have time to sign a replacement.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:37 pm

I dont think its about Agents turning CJ's head . If clubs like Villa come in for him the money involved for the player will be life changing in terms of salary and probably signing on fee.

As a young man you will be affected .

If we were offered a million it would be a good deal. I think its important if we are to do a deal we do it early to enable us to get a replacement
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:44 pm

and the money to the agent cant be sniffed at either!!!,this story sounds very familiar and we know where that ended,difference nowadays is we dont need to sell,is taking a signing on fee and big wages for a season really mean the world?
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:52 pm

What do you mean?

signing on fee of six figures and and a quadrupling of salary. What do you think?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:01 pm

danny rose submitting a transfer request and it backfiring....agent interference,what im saying imo is that we dont have to sell,c j mignt/mignt not want to take the bait but how many on here honestly believe he is a championship player....yet?
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MOTG » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:11 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:I’d sell for that price.

Yes me too
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:12 pm

True Hucknall, he's not Champ material yet. Personally I'd hold on to him till the end of the season and see what offers come in.

Imo, if he doesn't play as well then keep hold of him. But if he does then give him a shot at glory in the summer
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Money talks

If we get a suitable fee we should sell

Why wouldn't CJ want to consider a life changing move. He doesn't have to be a Championship player yet

I would be very sorry to see him go but could understand why it happened and wish him well
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:21 pm

because he isnt a championship player yet yorkstag,he would be better staying,improving and most probably be part of a promotion campaign,then again,he wouldnt be the first player to fall for the same promises,time will tell
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:34 pm

hucknallstag wrote:danny rose submitting a transfer request and it backfiring....agent interference,what im saying imo is that we dont have to sell,c j mignt/mignt not want to take the bait but how many on here honestly believe he is a championship player....yet?

If Rose had left at the time he would probably have got a lot better income. It didn’t work out and if , when , he leaves he will now be lucky to get a wage anywhere close to what we currently pay him . If he had left and had the dip in form he is currently going through then at least he would have a far better bank balance .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:38 pm

very true one f,money rules the world,im fully aware of that,like i say,time will tell
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby daddycool » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Football agents are good at starting stories to unsettle players . Players are no good to agents when they are settled at a club
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Clockworktarzan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 pm

"Winning doesn't really matter, as long as you win." - Vinnie Jones
Clockworktarzan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby S7AGS » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:00 pm

If we do get a silly bid that we just cant refuse from someone like Villa, the best for all parties would be for them to loan him back to us to continue hiss development to the end of the season....cant see him going straight into a Championship team, its a massive step up from L2.

I don't think he's been bad the last few games just dropped off his high standards he's set this season. I feel sometimes that he almost forgets how quick he is when he approaches a defender and he checks inside to try and take them on (usually resulting in losing possession)...he's far far better when he confidently skips straight past or pushes the ball past and beats them for pace.

He needs pushing higher up the field than v Yeovil and Crawley as well and just has to go on the left...I don't think we should move our most dangerous player to accommodate other players, it needs to be the other way around - players like Grant will be much more flexible to accommodating a new position than CJ.
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:17 pm

Fully aware that every player has his price, particularly in the lower leagues, but to sell him now would do us no favours whatsoever I don’t care how much it is really.

If CJ goes we’ve lost our main cover for both left wing back and right wing back, as well as one of our main threats in the attacking positions. His versatility means we’d be short in too many areas should he leave.

We’d be...
- Short of good quality wing back cover on both sides
- Short of a winger if we switch the formation up
- Short of a striker should we get an injury.

Highly unlikely you could fix all that with one signing and finding options for those positions wouldn’t be ideal at this stage. CJ is part of a project, and that is promotion, don’t sell and reassess in the summer in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:19 pm

or just like jr did with rosey....dig his heels in,we really dont need to sell him,how refreshing
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby chip63 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:28 am

As long as we don't sell them to league one or two I don't see a problem.
I fully understand not selling rose to Peterborough last year but cj to villa no prob.
I'm sure we can get more potential signings from florest if Keane joins oldneil.
Keane put Lawrence in his place with wearing golden boots :D
I expect a mass exodus of players from florest because of oldneil and Keane.
Imagine turning up for training and Roy of the florest was waiting for you.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:19 am

If someone like Aston Villa or any other Championship club are prepared to pay 1 million or more, could we do a deal that loans him back for the rest of this season?

We Win all ways then?
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum