{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tonights Games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tonights Games

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:40 pm

1 - 1. Hope games go for us. Come on Harrogate.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5360
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:42 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:1 - 1. Hope games go for us. Come on Harrogate.


2-1 scunthorpe
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Tonights Games

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:43 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:We're in flipping trouble make no mistake.

Scunthorpe are beating the ugly 1 dimensional Harrogate away. Who we could hardly muster any kind of performance against at home.

Worrying times.


No they’re not. There you go again getting carried away :lol:


You do know we're 23rd out of 24, as it stands.

Climb down from your arrogant tower.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5360
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:46 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:We're in flipping trouble make no mistake.

Scunthorpe are beating the ugly 1 dimensional Harrogate away. Who we could hardly muster any kind of performance against at home.

Worrying times.


No they’re not. There you go again getting carried away :lol:


You do know we're 23rd out of 24, as it stands.

Climb down from your arrogant tower.


I do. And I also know that you were getting yourself in the same tizzy last season, when there was also no need to panic.

We’re in a bad position. So were Bolton 3 weeks ago, look where they are now. I suspect our run won’t come until reinforcements are made in January. Until then, sit tight, suck it up, and try not to worry too much. It’s just a game after all!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8181
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby The One » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:48 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:We're in flipping trouble make no mistake.

Scunthorpe are beating the ugly 1 dimensional Harrogate away. Who we could hardly muster any kind of performance against at home.

Worrying times.


No they’re not. There you go again getting carried away :lol:


You do know we're 23rd out of 24, as it stands.

Climb down from your arrogant tower.


I do. And I also know that you were getting yourself in the same tizzy last season, when there was also no need to panic.

We’re in a bad position. So were Bolton 3 weeks ago, look where they are now. I suspect our run won’t come until reinforcements are made in January. Until then, sit tight, suck it up, and try not to worry too much.


Good post Musings, if we had a handful of games left I would be worried
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12450
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:49 pm

Only 28 games left :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8181
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:50 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:We're in flipping trouble make no mistake.

Scunthorpe are beating the ugly 1 dimensional Harrogate away. Who we could hardly muster any kind of performance against at home.

Worrying times.


No they’re not. There you go again getting carried away :lol:


You do know we're 23rd out of 24, as it stands.

Climb down from your arrogant tower.


I do. And I also know that you were getting yourself in the same tizzy last season, when there was also no need to panic.

We’re in a bad position. So were Bolton 3 weeks ago, look where they are now. I suspect our run won’t come until reinforcements are made in January. Until then, sit tight, suck it up, and try not to worry too much. It’s just a game after all!



Hope they do arrive or it could be like ZULU with Michael Caine :lol:
User avatar
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6488
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 9:32 am

Re: Tonights Games

Postby The One » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:51 pm

Tisdale doing the buisness for Exeter
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 12450
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:07 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:51 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:We're in flipping trouble make no mistake.

Scunthorpe are beating the ugly 1 dimensional Harrogate away. Who we could hardly muster any kind of performance against at home.

Worrying times.


No they’re not. There you go again getting carried away :lol:


You do know we're 23rd out of 24, as it stands.

Climb down from your arrogant tower.


I do. And I also know that you were getting yourself in the same tizzy last season, when there was also no need to panic.

We’re in a bad position. So were Bolton 3 weeks ago, look where they are now. I suspect our run won’t come until reinforcements are made in January. Until then, sit tight, suck it up, and try not to worry too much. It’s just a game after all!



Just a game? Just a game you more than most dedicate your life to.

It's not just a game. Connect 4 is just a game.

And yes I was in a tizzy most of last season. Same as I will be this season by looks of it.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5360
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:52 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Only 28 games left :lol:


Nothing to worry about if we win another one of those :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Tonights Games

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:55 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Only 28 games left :lol:


Nothing to worry about if we win another one of those :lol:


Terrible maths from me, 32 games to go :lol:

Yes, hopefully we win at least one more before the end of the season!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8181
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:59 pm

Looking at the table though tell you what, we deserve to be bottom two at the minute.... Barrow who absolutely battered us have only won two games :lol:

Really think Graham would have relegated us.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Tonights Games

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Looking at the table though tell you what, we deserve to be bottom two at the minute.... Barrow who absolutely battered us have only won two games :lol:

Really think Graham would have relegated us.


No doubt. He was abysmal.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5360
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:03 pm

I love football AWC and of course I’m not enjoying the season so far, nor did I enjoy last season. But I just don’t feel we will be relegated at the end of the season, just like I didn’t last season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8181
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:03 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Only 28 games left :lol:

They soon start to run out when your stuck at the bottom mate!
Gazmoose82
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:07 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Only 28 games left :lol:

They soon start to run out when your stuck at the bottom mate!


We’re not stuck at the bottom though :lol:

If the scored stay the same tonight and we win tomorrow we’re 20th.

I just can’t get my head round people panicking this early in the season. If we were 6 points behind of something then fair enough.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8181
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:21 pm

3-1 Scunny now
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6967
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:26 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:3-1 Scunny now


Shows how badly we did against them.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
User avatar
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5360
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby Gazmoose82 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:26 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Only 28 games left :lol:

They soon start to run out when your stuck at the bottom mate!


We’re not stuck at the bottom though :lol:

If the scored stay the same tonight and we win tomorrow we’re 20th.

I just can’t get my head round people panicking this early in the season. If we were 6 points behind of something then fair enough.


Yes we are... Weve been stuck there all season.
Gazmoose82
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:28 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Only 28 games left :lol:

They soon start to run out when your stuck at the bottom mate!


We’re not stuck at the bottom though :lol:

If the scored stay the same tonight and we win tomorrow we’re 20th.

I just can’t get my head round people panicking this early in the season. If we were 6 points behind of something then fair enough.


its quite simple to get your head around really, were nearly half way through a season and easily been one of the worst sides and have won once.... If that's not a sign of things to come then I'm not sure what is?

The only saving grace is we've only lost 5. Have played well on occasion against some of the "better" sides and have a decent manager. But there's so much work to do before we can count ourselves safe or too good to go down.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Tonights Games

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:32 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Only 28 games left :lol:

They soon start to run out when your stuck at the bottom mate!


We’re not stuck at the bottom though :lol:

If the scored stay the same tonight and we win tomorrow we’re 20th.

I just can’t get my head round people panicking this early in the season. If we were 6 points behind of something then fair enough.


its quite simple to get your head around really, were nearly half way through a season and easily been one of the worst sides and have won once.... If that's not a sign of things to come then I'm not sure what is?

The only saving grace is we've only lost 5. Have played well on occasion against some of the "better" sides and have a decent manager. But there's so much work to do before we can count ourselves safe or too good to go down.


We’re not nearly halfway through at all. We’ve got 9 games to play before then.

As I’ve said, I’ve never doubted we’ve been bad, or that we’re currently one of the worst sides in the league. But things change quickly. Look at Bolton, Oldham etc. Of course there’s plenty of work to do, and there’s also plenty of time to do it.

Look at Scunthorpe, they’ve won a couple of games and suddenly they’re much better than us.

Probably won’t say anymore as don’t want to fall out with anyone, just trying to save a few people going grey before it’s necessary :lol:
Last edited by MTFCMusings on Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8181
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:35 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Only 28 games left :lol:

They soon start to run out when your stuck at the bottom mate!


We’re not stuck at the bottom though :lol:

If the scored stay the same tonight and we win tomorrow we’re 20th.

I just can’t get my head round people panicking this early in the season. If we were 6 points behind of something then fair enough.


its quite simple to get your head around really, were nearly half way through a season and easily been one of the worst sides and have won once.... If that's not a sign of things to come then I'm not sure what is?

The only saving grace is we've only lost 5. Have played well on occasion against some of the "better" sides and have a decent manager. But there's so much work to do before we can count ourselves safe or too good to go down.


We’re not nearly halfway through at all. We’ve got 9 games to play before then.

As I’ve said, I’ve never doubted we’ve been bad, or that we’re currently one of the worst sides in the league. But things change quickly. Look at Bolton, Oldham etc.

Look at Scunthorpe, they’ve won a couple of games and suddenly they’re much better than us.


only 9 games... so nearly half way then? its not far off :lol:

I agree things change quickly as Ive said before, I've also used bolton as an example but I think were miles off putting a run like that together. The performance against harrogate showed that.

Tomorrow needs to be some special performance first and foremost hopefully followed by a positive result.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:01 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Tonights Games

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:40 pm

That Harrogate game we lost has knocked some for six on here!

We beat Scunthorpe, lost to Harrogate and now scunny are beating harrogate. Funny old game is football! Were in a crap position, but like Musings said look at Bolton. Most of their fans wanted Evatt out after they played us , they've stuck at it and put a run together and are just outside the play offs. No reason we can't get a run going again (6 unbeaten from GC sacked ;))

We need some reinforcements in Jan to help us push on, but I don't think we will get relegated at the end of the season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7106
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Tonights Games

Postby adamstag » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:45 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:That Harrogate game we lost has knocked some for six on here!

We beat Scunthorpe, lost to Harrogate and now scunny are beating harrogate. Funny old game is football! Were in a crap position, but like Musings said look at Bolton. Most of their fans wanted Evatt out after they played us , they've stuck at it and put a run together and are just outside the play offs. No reason we can't get a run going again (6 unbeaten from GC sacked ;))

We need some reinforcements in Jan to help us push on, but I don't think we will get relegated at the end of the season


The problem being is we beat Scunthorpe in a pointless game in a pointless competition.

Interesting that Harrogate have won 1 in 8 league games but their win against us last week was deserved and they never looked like conceding. That’s a massive concern.

Crawley at home saturdays a big game, I don’t doubt we’ll pull away, but sooner than later would be good
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8430
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Tonights Games

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:49 pm

We seem to win when we don't expect it I.e forest green, let's hope tomorrow is the same. Still a long way to go this season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7106
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobbystagsfan, Kernow, yorkshire stag and 14 guests