{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tonights Games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tonights Games

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:15 am

The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:Just been reading this. Aresend Whinger and the other gloom merchants, amazing. We have loads of games left to play and I trust Clough to sort it. Stop all this we are relegated stuff, it aint even Crimbo yet.

Bottom 2 at Xmas usually means relegation.
I don't get why people on are so confident... No one decent is goin to want to join us in January.

Oooh go on then, I can’t resist replying to my favourite thing, a cliche passed off as fact, and everyone knows I love a stat.

In the last ten seasons, only 5 of 20 teams in the bottom two at Christmas have been relegated.

:D :D rinsed

Guess we will see... I was right early sept about GC being a complete fraud and was quickly dismissed as a troll & not a proper supporter.
In my opinion we are nailed on for relegation... You can quote stats all you like but with the exception of Southend I haven't seen another team in this league which look as poor as us.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:33 am

The One wrote:Tisdale doing the buisness for Exeter

Eh?! :?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:57 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:Just been reading this. Aresend Whinger and the other gloom merchants, amazing. We have loads of games left to play and I trust Clough to sort it. Stop all this we are relegated stuff, it aint even Crimbo yet.

I don't get why people on are so confident... No one decent is goin to want to join us in January.

Oooh go on then, I can’t resist replying to my favourite thing, a cliche passed off as fact, and everyone knows I love a stat.

In the last ten seasons, only 5 of 20 teams in the bottom two at Christmas have been relegated.

Also don’t forget that we’re not going to have played as many games by Christmas as we would’ve done in a ‘normal’ season.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:19 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

:D :D rinsed

Guess we will see... I was right early sept about GC being a complete fraud and was quickly dismissed as a troll & not a proper supporter.
In my opinion we are nailed on for relegation... You can quote stats all you like but with the exception of Southend I haven't seen another team in this league which look as poor as us.

You sound so pleased that you were right :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:49 am

Not sure of the approach of some on here.

The “doom mongers” or whatever - which I suppose I’d be included have pretty much all said they don’t think we’ll go down - with the manager in place and the January transfer window approaching this is very different to when we actually did go down.

However, those who think there isn’t a possibility that clough might not work, that he might not turn it round could be classed as ignorant to reality.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:25 am

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

Also don’t forget that we’re not going to have played as many games by Christmas as we would’ve done in a ‘normal’ season.

Very true. Assuming they all go ahead as scheduled, after the 2nd December at Port Vale will be the same number of games as we had played by Christmas Day last season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:35 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:

Very true. Assuming they all go ahead as scheduled, after the 2nd December at Port Vale will be the same number of games as we had played by Christmas Day last season.

The 2nd of January actually but we know what you meant. :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:36 am

Pleased about being right regarding GC... Never liked him from day one, could tell he was a tool from the first interview. Glad we've got rid.
Obviously not so glad about the absolute duffers he's left us with.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:41 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Bottom 2 at Xmas usually means relegation.

The 2nd of January actually but we know what you meant. :D

Too early in the morning for me! :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:20 am

Scunthorpe have been poor until last night. They have a match winner in Abu Eisa. They were battered at Port Vale but he scored the winning goal with one bit of magic. They could struggle again if he gets injured.

Junior Brown is out injured.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:41 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Scunthorpe have been poor until last night. They have a match winner in Abu Eisa. They were battered at Port Vale but he scored the winning goal with one bit of magic. They could struggle again if he gets injured.

That's what we badly need - when Maynard isn't in the game we simply don't have anything else upfront that we can trust to score the goals. It's a matter of urgency in January and that's where I hope Clough comes in and has some relevant contacts.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:14 pm

[quote="Gazmoose82"]Pleased about being right regarding GC... Never liked him from day one, could tell he was a tool from the first interview. Glad we've got rid.
But don't feel moved enough to pay for match coverage- not really interested in your thoughts. I don't always agree with the views on here but the majority put their money where their mouth is
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:47 pm

Bet walsall sack DC
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:37 pm

Sneag wrote:Just looked at the scores tonight and I knew this thread would be lit up and I knew who would be running around shouting 'I'm a teapot!'

Last 8 games. W4 D3 L1, pity they weren't league games but you can only beat what's in front of you. In those last 8 games we've been the better side for large chunks of 7 of them.

Chill the raspberry out, we aren't going to get relegated.

P9 W5 D3 L1
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:39 pm

Sneag wrote:
Sneag wrote:Just looked at the scores tonight and I knew this thread would be lit up and I knew who would be running around shouting 'I'm a teapot!'

Last 8 games. W4 D3 L1, pity they weren't league games but you can only beat what's in front of you. In those last 8 games we've been the better side for large chunks of 7 of them.

P9 W5 D3 L1

Oh look we’re 19th, all is rosy again until we next don’t win a game :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:16 am

Sneag wrote:

P9 W5 D3 L1

I know a few of these were cup games but that's promotion form. Over a season that would see you on 90+ points and into league one, probably as champions.

Its been an incredible start from Clough to come in when there was zero confidence and no real plan to in a few weeks beating a good league one side, and two top league two sides all on their own turf and only losing once.

I do not fear relegation under Cloughy one bit. I'm aware some will laugh at me but I think we will be in the play offs or just miss out.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:25 am

yorkstag wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Pleased about being right regarding GC... Never liked him from day one, could tell he was a tool from the first interview. Glad we've got rid.
But don't feel moved enough to pay for match coverage- not really interested in your thoughts. I don't always agree with the views on here but the majority put their money where their mouth is

Yawn...same old boring comment about not paying for ifollow.
Your on a higher horse than bellwhiff.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:57 am

Stoney wrote:
Sneag wrote:

P9 W5 D3 L1

I know a few of these were cup games but that's promotion form. Over a season that would see you on 90+ points and into league one, probably as champions.

Its been an incredible start from Clough to come in when there was zero confidence and no real plan to in a few weeks beating a good league one side, and two top league two sides all on their own turf and only losing once.

I do not fear relegation under Cloughy one bit. I'm aware some will laugh at me but I think we will be in the play offs or just miss out.

I think when clough came in it helped massively, this isn’t like when we were relegated when we had no money a manager with his hands tied behind his back and the club was in mutiny.

However, even after last nights result we can’t just go “oh we’ve got clough we can’t go down” as it can happen, I doubt and hope very much it doesn’t but there isn’t anything wrong being vigilant to the possibility until we’ve secured a mid table spot and go from there.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:08 am

adamstag wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Sneag wrote:

P9 W5 D3 L1

I think when clough came in it helped massively, this isn’t like when we were relegated when we had no money a manager with his hands tied behind his back and the club was in mutiny.

However, even after last nights result we can’t just go “oh we’ve got clough we can’t go down” as it can happen, I doubt and hope very much it doesn’t but there isn’t anything wrong being vigilant to the possibility until we’ve secured a mid table spot and go from there.

We all know it can happen mate, but I'm looking up the table, not down it. Stop catastrophising, it's very bad for your mental health. ;)

One thing with having an experienced & successful manager like Clough is there is no way he will allow complacency to creep in.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:39 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Scunthorpe have been poor until last night. They have a match winner in Abu Eisa. They were battered at Port Vale but he scored the winning goal with one bit of magic. They could struggle again if he gets injured.

Didn't Eisa nearly leave in the summer? A good run of form could see him off in January and Scunthorpe suffer as a result.

My opinion is there's a lot of average sides in the league this season, some overperforming (Cambridge, Leyton Orient) and some underperforming (Us, Stevenage). Over the next month I think it will start to even out and the top sides like Exeter Newport, Cheltenham could pull away.

I don't think we should count our chickens and think we're world beaters, we deserve to be lower-mid table and that means you are in danger of being sucked in the relegation battle. If we keep playing as we are then I think that we should have enough about us to see off relegation.

No one is writing Derby off who are rock bottom of the Championship and looking very poor, Forest are also just treading water. If you look objectively at those and think they will survive then I don't think there's any need for doom and gloom about us, but there's obviously a long way to go.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:43 am

Sneag wrote:
adamstag wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Sneag wrote:

P9 W5 D3 L1

We all know it can happen mate, but I'm looking up the table, not down it. Stop catastrophising, it's very bad for your mental health. ;)

One thing with having an experienced & successful manager like Clough is there is no way he will allow complacency to creep in.

I think it's nature of a football fan - you win and see how far you are from midtable (and if giddy the playoffs) then you lose and you're like "ooh, how did the teams down there do" etc.

He's sorted us from defence first which has looked on the whole much better and apart from the moment of madness against Colchester Stech appears to have steadied himself - hopefully the path/trajectory is an upward one.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Just keep winning two games out of every three and we will finish in play offs.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:38 pm

just been chatting to a scunny fan this morning, he said their best 11 is quality however the strength in depth there is very poor, first few games a couple of their big players where out injured, said they are skint and won’t get anymore cash to strengthen in Jan, so if any pick up bookings or injury’s they will struggle again.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:41 pm

yorkstag wrote:
Gazmoose82 wrote:Pleased about being right regarding GC... Never liked him from day one, could tell he was a tool from the first interview. Glad we've got rid.
But don't feel moved enough to pay for match coverage- not really interested in your thoughts. I don't always agree with the views on here but the majority put their money where their mouth is[/quote
] I thought he was a decent enough bloke who wanted to make a successful team at MTFC.
The problem was, like John Dempster he lacked experience. A lot on here, and I expect the board put a lot on his success at Bristol Rovers. For me it wasn't long enough to expect the same to happen here. The appointment after David Flitcroft's sacking and the players disappointment at failing to be promoted was always going to be a massive job to lift the club. In reality it proved to be too much for two inexperienced managers. Hopefully it hasn't damaged their career prospects too much.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:51 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
But don't feel moved enough to pay for match coverage- not really interested in your thoughts. I don't always agree with the views on here but the majority put their money where their mouth is[/quote
] I thought he was a decent enough bloke who wanted to make a successful team at MTFC.
The problem was, like John Dempster he lacked experience. A lot on here, and I expect the board put a lot on his success at Bristol Rovers. For me it wasn't long enough to expect the same to happen here. The appointment after David Flitcroft's sacking and the players disappointment at failing to be promoted was always going to be a massive job to lift the club. In reality it proved to be too much for two inexperienced managers. Hopefully it hasn't damaged their career prospects too much.

Your in trouble now ,talking sense.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum