{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Danny Rose

Postby milne6 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:45 pm

What seems to be his issue atm? low confidence? not playing for flitcroft? complacent?

cant blame the lack of chances either

since mid Feb.. he has only scored 4 league goals in 271 days (5 including his goal against stanley in the cup) https://www.soccerbase.com/players/play ... son_id=151

11 games in a row without a goal end of last season, 7 games without a goal at the start of the season and now a current goal drought of 11 games (not all starts though!)

with stags flying high.. its nice that his missed chances hasn't cost us too much but if we want to be in the top 3, surely he will need to step up his game

hopefully i'll be proven wrong and he grabs the winner at lincoln like last year :D
This is a Signature
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: Danny Rose

Postby DE STAG » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:55 pm

He looks desperate for a goal and is probably trying too hard as a consequence. Scoring goals = Confidence and more goals, unfortunately the opposite is true for Danny atm, it'll come good for the lad. In the meantime we need Tyler to fire them in.
DE STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:53 pm

Needs one to go in off his backside I think. Then they'll start to flow.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Big yella » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:56 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:Needs one to go in off his backside I think. Then they'll start to flow.

Just like they have throughout his career. :roll:
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Big yella wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:Needs one to go in off his backside I think. Then they'll start to flow.

yep, flow like last season when he had 17 by mid Feb.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Big yella » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Yep. The one half decent season in his career. Only the second one he's managed to hit double figures. And one that still leaves him a 1 in 4 striker. Flowing, gushing like Niagara Falls.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:26 pm

He can do it, but at the moment is a bag of nerves in front of goal. You can see him tighten up when given a chance. He needs to develop an arrogant coolness and stop beating himself up when he misses. Certainly we need to continue giving him support.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:53 pm

I feel for Rosey, we all know he can do it but he isn't even coming close to scoring.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:34 pm

I have never really rated Danny Rose. Many people said he would be a '20 goaler' .... but he hasn't achieved that in the last 3 years, and he looks unlikely to achieve that again this year.

Last season he had a great short spell (for a few weeks), but he couldn't reproduce that consistently.

I could never understand the fans 'love in' with him. Yes he was the best striker we had, but he was a long way from the really good strikers that we have had in the past (e.g. Waggstaff, Clarke, Moss, Syrett, Cassells, Caldwell, Wilkinson, Stant, Peacock, Christie (x2), Greenacre, Boulding, Green etc.)

Maybe his popularity is because he tries very hard and he is the best striker that we currently have? However, when he transfer listed himself in the summer, no club was prepared to pay our asking price. Maybe our asking price was unrealistic? Maybe some people are over-rating him? ........... Just a thought.

Come on Danny - prove me wrong! You have to be more clinical with your finishing if you are to achieve the level mentioned above ....... and your dream ticket to a higher level.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Big yella wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Yep. The one half decent season in his career. Only the second one he's managed to hit double figures. And one that still leaves him a 1 in 4 striker. Flowing, gushing like Niagara Falls.

Never let the facts get in the way of a ‘statistic’. He scored 17 in 44 appearances last season including his barren spell at the end when he was possibly playing through injury. That’s 1 goal every 2.6 games. Substantially better than 1 in 4!
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby StagsFan83 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:56 pm

Was he a target man before he came here. I’d like to see him used as a different type of striker.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:28 pm

I like Danny and he'd be in my first 11, but he does need a goal.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:29 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Never let the facts get in the way of a ‘statistic’. He scored 17 in 44 appearances last season including his barren spell at the end when he was possibly playing through injury. That’s 1 goal every 2.6 games. Substantially better than 1 in 4!

I have included the best season of his career, and in just over 200 games he has scored just over 50 goals. As I've stated before, we are the best spell of his career and in 109 games he has scored 32 goals, around 1 in 3.5 games. Flowing they are like a monsoon river.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dogface » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:56 pm

I think he is an ambitious player who no doubt has talent. However, he still needs to prove himself at this level IMO. Half a season of regular scoring plus a few spectacular goals is not yet proof enough. Hope he starts firing soon.
Dogface
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:46 am

I'm with Big Yella on this one. He scores some spectacular goals but misses easy ones.

I honestly think he is over concerned with his image and if he was more relaxed about him self would be more relaxed on the pitch. Have a laugh at yourself young man and things could just start to flow.

And oh yes, leave your hair alone during games.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:08 am

For the amount of chances he gets and the amount he converts says much about him I feel. Danny Hylton in our team would be on 20 by now with ease I feel.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:51 am

Whilst i have nothing against Rose and always appreciate someone giving 100%, I still dont think he's worked out what type of striker he wants to be.

He's slightly above average in the air, particularly given his size, but isnt a target man.
He isn't slow, but doesnt run in behind and stretch defences.
He's ok with the ball at his feet but he isnt going to link play and create a hatful of chances for other people.
He isn't a fox in the box. He misses a lot a his eaiser chances and seems to prefer to be anywhere but in the six yard box.

His key attribute that makes him stand out from the other strikers is his work rate. We do like to press high so there is a role for someone like that. I do think he needs to work smarter though, he seems to spend a lot of his energy chasing lost causes. Work smarter, not harder!
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:14 am

Im not the real OND wrote:Whilst i have nothing against Rose and always appreciate someone giving 100%, I still dont think he's worked out what type of striker he wants to be.

He's slightly above average in the air, particularly given his size, but isnt a target man.
He's ok with the ball at his feet but he isnt going to link play and create a hatful of chances for other people.
He isn't a fox in the box. He misses a lot a his eaiser chances and seems to prefer to be anywhere but in the six yard box.

His key attribute that makes him stand out from the other strikers is his work rate. We do like to press high so there is a role for someone like that. I do think he needs to work smarter though, he seems to spend a lot of his energy chasing lost causes. Work smarter, not harder!

Cheers Steve! ;)
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Im not the real OND » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:17 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Im not the real OND wrote:Whilst i have nothing against Rose and always appreciate someone giving 100%, I still dont think he's worked out what type of striker he wants to be.

Cheers Steve! ;)

Ive been called some things in my time but that's low... :lol:
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:10 am

Whatever your thoughts are on Rose or Davies and Walker for that matter the last proper goalscorer we had was Matt Green. We still haven't replaced his goals yet for me.
That is even with 2 seasons of big budgets aswell....
Every other position has improved season upon season for me I.e GK defence and midfield.

If we had a Hylton, Collins , Mcnulty we would have won a fair share of these drawn games imo.

The nervy 1-0 positions that ended up as a draw we would have been 2 or 3 up with the chances created in these games.

Goalscorers as we all know are are a rare commodity that's why they cost so much and teams won't let there's go.

I fully expect DF with JR backing again to try again in Jan to prize one away from somewhere.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Matt Green is not a regular starter for Lincoln.I would like to see him back with us in the January window.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:10 pm

geoffhill wrote:Matt Green is not a regular starter for Lincoln.I would like to see him back with us in the January window.

If he doesn't start for Lincoln why would you want him here? He was average when he was here in his last spell never mind now.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:18 pm

For me Rose just needs that bit of luck. I don't think hes a 25+ season player, but a good 15 - 25 per year.
Its a confidence thing, like with most strikers, give a lad a break

Also, we have a top 3 budget and still cannot afford to bring in a quality striker. jUst goes to show what a premium they are and indeed, how much they must be getting paid
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:19 pm

stag324 wrote:For me Rose just needs that bit of luck. I don't think hes a 25+ season player, but a good 15 - 25 per year.
Its a confidence thing, like with most strikers, give a lad a break

Also, we have a top 3 budget and still cannot afford to bring in a quality striker. jUst goes to show what a premium they are and indeed, how much they must be getting paid

What do you think Tyler Walker was signed as?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Rob wrote:I like Danny and he'd be in my first 11, but he does need a goal.

Me too
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum