{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New Stags fan

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

New Stags fan

Postby AlfStag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:09 pm

New fan here. Not from the area originally but been living Alfreton way for a couple of years and have adopted the mighty Stags as my local team. Proper club, lots of history. Seems like a good time to be getting into them to me...I've been impressed with what I've seen the three games I've got along to so far this season. And after packing in going to Premier League football a few years back going to Field Mill has been a joy. Long way to go this season but good to see them at the right end of the table.

Can anyone tell me does the club do any mid season deals on season tickets? I'd like to pick one up if so whenever that might be.

Also I'm currently on the lookout for a 2012-13 home shirt if anyone has one to sell? Happy to meet up at a home game in the not too distant to sort out payment over a pint or whatever.
AlfStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: New Stags fan

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:17 pm

They did half season tickets last year but not sure if they do them every year.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:22 pm

:D Welcome to Stagsnet Alf
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Top man, stick with the Stags and enjoy the ride. Good times are coming!

What size are you after in the 2012/13 shirt?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Welcome aboard!

Half season tickets where certainly available last season so don't see why they wouldn't be again as seems common place amongst most clubs now.

Also a good Christmas gift if not already a season ticket holder.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Always pleasing to recruit a convert from the Premier League. Welcome Aboard!
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Welcome to the good times. The More the merrier. Please note its like hotel California ' you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave'
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby AlfStag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Stoney wrote:Top man, stick with the Stags and enjoy the ride. Good times are coming!

What size are you after in the 2012/13 shirt?

Probably a medium. Mind you the half time pies are decent as is the ale - I may have to reassess that measurement at some point :mrgreen:

If you've got one Stoney I'll sort you out 8-)
AlfStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Conker » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:11 pm

The half season tickets didn't sell well last season but with how well we are playing it would be smart to offer them again, probably best to ask the club.

Welcome aboard!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Welcome aboard mate.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Yep. New fans are always welcome here.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby AlfStag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes so far folks - much appreciated!

Yes I think I'll check in with the club re half season tickets and see what the story is.
AlfStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Welcome aboard AlfStag, great to have you with us.

Be prepared for a rollarcoaster of a ride, withe plenty of ups and downs.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Welcome to the club and good times ahead, Alf :D
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:33 pm

robeyre wrote:Welcome to the good times. The More the merrier. Please note its like hotel California ' you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave'

i was thinking more along the lines of Spooks 2001 magnum opus "Karma Hotel" -- "welcome to the karma hotel, looks like heaven but could be hell"

either way, glad to have you on the team, Alfie
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:40 pm

Welcome Alf, there’ll be a lot more downs than ups, but a bit of disappointment makes the good days much much sweeter. ;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:57 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:Always pleasing to recruit a convert from the Premier League. Welcome Aboard!

Indeed. NottsStag and Tony Mansfield on here are both converts from Man U in the last couple of years. This is what happens when the club is moving in the right direction under good management. If we are taking fans from Man Utd, I'd imagine there will be those who live locally that now watch us instead of Forest, Sheff U and Wednesday.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Well done Alfstag. The more the merrier. We've been on an upward trajectory since 2011 after being as low as we've ever been in 2010. We are about a third of the way to reaching out club goals.

Welcome, and start bringing your mates too.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby MansfieldMick » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:31 pm

Welcome aboard matey, enjoy the ride. Good to have you with us Alf.
MansfieldMick
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:33 pm

ParisStag wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:Always pleasing to recruit a convert from the Premier League. Welcome Aboard!

Indeed. NottsStag and Tony Mansfield on here are both converts from Man U in the last couple of years. This is what happens when the club is moving in the right direction under good management. If we are taking fans from Man Utd, I'd imagine there will be those who live locally that now watch us instead of Forest, Sheff U and Wednesday.

I frequently go to home and away matches with a mate who is an armchair prem club 'fan', however, he refers to Mansfield as 'we', sings, and celebrates when we score, but claims not to support Mansfield...
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby AlfStag » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:18 pm

ParisStag wrote:

Funny that I'm another one. I grew up over there, went to United home and away in the lean years, old enough to have seen Best etc play as a nipper. I last went 4 years ago - it was the most lifeless and soulless footballing experience of my existence and a world away from standing in the Stretford End in the 70s and 80s. I turn down free tickets these days as I'm simply not arsed with any of it. Consumer land and shortly probably a Saudi plaything. No thanks.

I worked in Chesterfield for a couple of years right next to their ground but you'll all be pleased to hear I felt no desire to go watch them. No connection there for me. Zip. But I really like what's happening at Field Mill - it feels like a proper football club, strong identity, traditional and it seems there are plans with these owners. Exciting times and good to be aboard. 8-)
AlfStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby grufti » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi Alf, you're not that County vlogger in disguise, but too embarrased to admit it are you??
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stoney » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:29 pm

The shirt I have Alf is an XL so probably no good for you.

You should come to an away game with the Shirebrook Stags sometime, were a friendly bunch!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:14 am

bellwhiff wrote:Welcome aboard mate.

You've not been truly welcomed by whiffy yet Alf. ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:11 am

AlfStag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

Funny that I'm another one. I grew up over there, went to United home and away in the lean years, old enough to have seen Best etc play as a nipper. I last went 4 years ago - it was the most lifeless and soulless footballing experience of my existence and a world away from standing in the Stretford End in the 70s and 80s. I turn down free tickets these days as I'm simply not arsed with any of it. Consumer land and shortly probably a Saudi plaything. No thanks.

I worked in Chesterfield for a couple of years right next to their ground but you'll all be pleased to hear I felt no desire to go watch them. No connection there for me. Zip. But I really like what's happening at Field Mill - it feels like a proper football club, strong identity, traditional and it seems there are plans with these owners. Exciting times and good to be aboard. 8-)

You're not all just working your way alphabetically down the football league are you? :lol:

Good move to stay away from the sheep molesters btw!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum