{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Jordan Graham

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Jordan Graham

Postby Kernow » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Time to start, with Davies so bad and Danny devoid of any confidence. he could not do any worse !!!!!!!
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Re: Jordan Graham

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Challenges like the one he made today will make him very popular. I'd definitely start him on Tue.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Kernow wrote:Time to start, with Davies so bad and Danny devoid of any confidence. he could not do any worse !!!!!!!

You make an excellent point
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:59 pm

ummm thing is, if the poor chap dosent bag 4 in his first start, he will get pelters no i think keep bringing him on from the bench
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:02 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:ummm thing is, if the poor chap dosent bag 4 in his first start, he will get pelters no i think keep bringing him on from the bench

Berk
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:11 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:ummm thing is, if the poor chap dosent bag 4 in his first start, he will get pelters no i think keep bringing him on from the bench

Berk

sorry please explain your comment ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:24 pm

I would like to see him getting at least fifteen minutes.Coming on with a few minutes left is a waste of time.Davies is not good enough for this squad.Rose should have scored at least two.We won got three points and a clean sheet.We would have drawn or perhaps lost this game earlier in the season.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:25 pm

Davies started well for us but his injury has set him back.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Kernow wrote:Time to start, with Davies so bad and Danny devoid of any confidence. he could not do any worse !!!!!!!

Interesting that Davies is seen as bad when coming back from injury but Danny is devoid of confidence.
Davies was woeful in the first half but started to win the ball, set Walker up for a great chance on goal in the early second.
Had Davies missed Danny's chances then I suspect he would have been slaughtered. Was it lack of confidence that stopped Danny from passing to Graham when he shot?

At the moment, we have one striker on form, 2 woefully out of form and a kid who is impressing in 10 minute snatches.

I would have thought it would be best to start with two of the three experienced strikers and give Graham increasing amounts of game time.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:50 pm

geoffhill wrote:I would like to see him getting at least fifteen minutes.Coming on with a few minutes left is a waste of time.Davies is not good enough for this squad.Rose should have scored at least two.We won got three points and a clean sheet.We would have drawn or perhaps lost this game earlier in the season.

Davies is good enough for this squad, I think he scored 14 in league one last year and Oldham still got relegated. He's only just come back from injury and doesn't have the same amount of minutes everyone else has, he will have also missed a lot of training due to injuries too. People said the same thing about hemmings, I know he wasn't amazing but still scored a good amount of goals but it took him a while to get going.

We do need another striker in January still though to cover for injuries/poor form
Last edited by bobbystagsfan on Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:50 pm

[quote="yorkshire stag"][quote="EdwinstoweStag"][quote="yorkshire stag"]ummm thing is, if the poor chap dosent bag 4 in his first start, he will get pelters no i think keep bringing him on from the bench[/quote]

Berk[/quote]

sorry please explain your comment ?[/quote]

He meant you sound like a birk with your comment Davis again was poor again today hense the sarcastic noise when we at least controlled the ball in the 2nd half Graham needs more than 10 minutes to show he should be at least starting games ahead of Davis....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Davies is having to "gel" into the side again. He is also building his match fitness. Let's not write him off just yet.

2 goals in 4 starts (8 subs which, from memory, most were with less than 10 mins to go) isn't a "bad" return. He came to us with a 1in3 goal ratio. Let's see how he merges back into the squad. He has until January.

However Graham is breathing down his neck in the pecking order.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:56 pm

You make a good point Mr beard! Funny how people put poor performances down to different things depending on if they are flavour of the month or not. Davies was poor no doubt but like you say he's struggling with first team fitness and injury. Regardless of that, several think it fit to try and put the boot in and have made their mind up that he's the new scape goat now Tyler has bagged a few. Shouts of Danny, Danny Rose after 30 mins or so that no doubt did Davies's confidence the world of good.
So Danny then comes on and in my opinion was probably worse than Davies but got no stick at all.
I'm not saying he should get stick but why be negative to any one player over another? Surely patience is the key?
If we give both Davies and Rose sufficient time I'm sure they will come good again.
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:00 pm

Davies is clearly not 100% fit yet but he adds more than Rose... he can hold it up for a start. Rose is the flick on King. Both need game time, luckily we’ve got quite a few over the next couple of weeks. If Flitcroft does have any money in January, up top is where he needs to invest... although good strikers don’t come cheap, especially mid season
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:04 pm

I think our position in January will do more to help us attract a decent striker than anything, it’d give us more options than if we were mid table
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:09 pm

I also think Sterling deserves a chance with our strikers out of form. He had a good pre season but not had any chance in the league. If he wasnt on international duty he needs to be starting cup games. Agree with grajam too.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:12 pm

Tre Cool wrote:I also think Sterling deserves a chance with our strikers out of form. He had a good pre season but not had any chance in the league. If he wasnt on international duty he needs to be starting cup games. Agree with grajam too.

the forgotten man is OSJ, don't really know he's like as he's never had a consistent run of games although he looked tricky and had a bit of pace when I have seen him play.

we also have khan and Macdonald to fight for a place in the team too
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:18 pm

I still think we need a fourth striker to back up Tyler Walker, Danny Rose and Craig Davies. The latter has already suffered an injury this season and if he and Tyler/Danny picked up injuries in the 2nd half of the season then we would be struggling. It would also put a huge amount of pressure on young Jordan Graham. It might be expecting too much for him to start scoring regularly in a League 2 promotion side.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Davies was crap today but overall he’s been decent enough. He’s clearly still injured, limped down the tunnel after coming off. Won’t do his confidence any good hearing his own fans ironically cheering when he wins a header.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:35 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I still think we need a fourth striker to back up Tyler Walker, Danny Rose and Craig Davies. The latter has already suffered an injury this season and if he and Tyler/Danny picked up injuries in the 2nd half of the season then we would be struggling. It would also put a huge amount of pressure on young Jordan Graham. It might be expecting too much for him to start scoring regularly in a League 2 promotion side.

He would need to do it at some point if he wants to "make it"

He's had loan experience at non-league clubs.

Nobody is "expecting" him to score.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Rigsby » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:39 pm

I think Davies had a patchy 1st half but as has been said, he's been injured and probably not up to speed yet. He had a decent start to the 2nd half and put in an excellent ball for Walker. I also agree with Musings, how is sarcastically cheering our own players supportive ?
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Wonder how many Jayden Shockley would score if we we’re to sign him in the next transfer window ?
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:51 pm

On Graham, he’s a good prospect but I can’t see that he should be starting games yet.

Think he’s getting what I like to call ‘The Ricky Miller wave of enthusiasm’ because he came on and did a few slide tackles. The fans love that.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:59 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Davies was crap today but overall he’s been decent enough. He’s clearly still injured, limped down the tunnel after coming off. Won’t do his confidence any good hearing his own fans ironically cheering when he wins a header.

thought the jeering was embarrassing
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:01 pm

one f in mansfield wrote:Wonder how many Jayden Shockley would score if we we’re to sign him in the next transfer window ?

I wonder how much a fellow promotion rival would charge for said striker

a lot
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum