{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:22 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Bradders » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:51 pm

My MOTM was KP - man mountain today, and in a match where the strikers (mostly) couldn't score, and with the opposition resorting to dirty tactics, it was important that the defence was firm but fair. Hayden was great in his rampaging forward runs, but the immaculate Pearce gives White the confidence to desert defensive duties and adventure forth.

Although he gets respect, sometimes I feel lacks full acknowledgement of the brilliant job he does in being so consistent and impossible to beat, his amazing decision-making and his leadership in marshalling the defence. That Port Vale had so much of the ball but couldn't muster a serious shot is largely down to Pearce and his directions.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Pearce is fantastic and has by miles been our best, most consistent and most important player for over 2 years now. He was superb today but I think White shaded it for MoM. His annual player of the year award is under threat this season though, from Bishop, who I think makes us a top 3 rather than top 7 side.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Bradders wrote:My MOTM was KP - man mountain today, and in a match where the strikers (mostly) couldn't score, and with the opposition resorting to dirty tactics, it was important that the defence was firm but fair. Hayden was great in his rampaging forward runs, but the immaculate Pearce gives White the confidence to desert defensive duties and adventure forth.

Although he gets respect, sometimes I feel lacks full acknowledgement of the brilliant job he does in being so consistent and impossible to beat, his amazing decision-making and his leadership in marshalling the defence. That Port Vale had so much of the ball but couldn't muster a serious shot is largely down to Pearce and his directions.

Pearce had a very good game.

White was exceptional in my opinion. And Hamilton was the matchwinner plus hitting the post. That was the reason I had them ahead of Pearce. But I fully understand your comments and you make good points.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:23 pm

Hayden White was my MOM closely followed by CJ Hamilton and Neal Bishop although Krystian Pearce features regularly in my top three.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:33 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Bradders wrote:My MOTM was KP - man mountain today, and in a match where the strikers (mostly) couldn't score, and with the opposition resorting to dirty tactics, it was important that the defence was firm but fair. Hayden was great in his rampaging forward runs, but the immaculate Pearce gives White the confidence to desert defensive duties and adventure forth.

Pearce had a very good game.

White was exceptional in my opinion. And Hamilton was the matchwinner plus hitting the post. That was the reason I had them ahead of Pearce. But I fully understand your comments and you make good points.

Yes, in the end there can only be one Man Of The Match and it's a great luxury to have the dilemma of choosing from several contenders.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:40 am

Mellis for me.,
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:43 am

stag861 wrote:Mellis for me.,

Mellis was outstanding again. Just shows how good CJ, White and Pearce were too. Special mention goes to Bishop, who at 37 years young made it all look so bloody easy yesterday!!! What a signing.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:57 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
stag861 wrote:Mellis for me.,

Mellis was outstanding again. Just shows how good CJ, White and Pearce were too. Special mention goes to Bishop, who at 37 years young made it all look so bloody easy yesterday!!! What a signing.

A huge compliment to Mellis that they seemed to be targeting him with the dirty tactics. He was clearly frustrating them with his skills, not sure if they were trying to get a reaction from him but he seemed to handle it in the right way.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:23 am

It seems to me that, week-by-week, more of the players are coming into form.
:coys:
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:56 am

Mellis even received an elbow to the back of the head. Which was deliberate.

Have you looked at it again Martin?

Mellis had his back to the player. The player ran towards him and has he ran past Mellis he raised his elbow up higher and hit Mellis in the back of the head.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:06 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Mellis even received an elbow to the back of the head. Which was deliberate.

Have you looked at it again Martin?

Mellis had his back to the player. The player ran towards him and has he ran past Mellis he raised his elbow up higher and hit Mellis in the back of the head.

no I haven't yet
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:59 pm

Match stats so far

…………………………………………………..........Stags ........ Valiants
Possession (%) …………………………….…..….57 ............43
Shots.........Total…………………………………. 14 .............3
...............On target……………………………….5 .............1
...............Blocked………………………………...3 ..............1
...............Off target (inc hit woodwork).6(1)...........1()
Expected Goals…………………………………...... 2.2 .......... 0.1

Corners…………………………………………….........9 ............... 2
Offside …………………………………………….. - -
Fouls……………………………………………….......10 .................22
Cards (Yellow/ Red)...........................1/ 0 .............5/ 1(2Y)
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:21 pm

Their penalty claim is a joke, surely. There seemed to be barely any contact and Pope didn’t make much of a claim at the time. There were far worse shirt pulling from Pope, Legge and Smith throughout the match which the ref seemed to ignore.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby abc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:14 pm

halifaxstag wrote:Their penalty claim is a joke, surely. There seemed to be barely any contact and Pope didn’t make much of a claim at the time. There were far worse shirt pulling from Pope, Legge and Smith throughout the match which the ref seemed to ignore.

To be fair it was right in front of me and if it had been given it would of been just because Sweeney was guilty.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:14 pm

abc wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:Their penalty claim is a joke, surely. There seemed to be barely any contact and Pope didn’t make much of a claim at the time. There were far worse shirt pulling from Pope, Legge and Smith throughout the match which the ref seemed to ignore.

To be fair it was right in front of me and if it had been given it would of been just because Sweeney was guilty.

Sweeney was 15 yards away. It was Hayden White who was marking Pope. No evidence of a foul from the video - I'm including it on the Club highlights for iFollow, from both our camera angles.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby abc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:35 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
abc wrote:

Sweeney was 15 yards away. It was Hayden White who was marking Pope. No evidence of a foul from the video - I'm including it on the Club highlights for iFollow, from both our camera angles.

With all due respect Martin it may of been another incident but Sweeney blatantly pulled Pope's shirt and I was looking straight at it !
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:39 pm

You just love to put a negative slant on things.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Spiritater wrote:You just love to put a negative slant on things.

Because I thought Vale had a claim for a penalty ? Go raspberry yourself.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:52 pm

abc wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
abc wrote:

With all due respect Martin it may of Ben another incident but Sweeney blatantly pulled Pope's shirt and I was looking straight at it !

ok, I've not seen that
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:04 pm

abc wrote:
Spiritater wrote:You just love to put a negative slant on things.

Because I thought Vale had a claim for a penalty ? Go raspberry yourself.

Oh my, how rude. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
abc wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
abc wrote:

With all due respect Martin it may of Ben another incident but Sweeney blatantly pulled Pope's shirt and I was looking straight at it !

ok, I've not seen that

I think I've found the incident you're referring to, as Pope ends up on the deck with Sweeney in the vicinity. I can't see from the video (from either angle) if there is a shirt pull, but there does not appear to be an appeal for a penalty from anyone.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum