{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Valiants Scorefred sponsored by Loving The Football

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Valiants Scorefred sponsored by Loving The Football

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:39 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:We have to drop Davies and put in Rose with Graham.

No Walker. Are you sure about that ?

Beat me to it.

Walker & Rose up top all day long. Graham must be close to a start though, he has to on Tuesday.

Would rather play a brown paper bag than Rose at the minute. Lads done three things that second half one was get caught offside when CJ wasn’t. One was get gifted a near open goal and fail to score the other was get put through one on one fail to square to graham for a open goal and try and shoot near post.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:17 pm

A good honest summary of the game from Mike Baggaley of The Stoke Sentinel as usual. "Mansfield were the better side and had more quality."

https://www.facebook.com/PortValestokeontrentlive/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:04 am

Anyone seen Bury's goals from yesterday? Absolutely outrageous. Going for goal of the season in one game.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:11 am

gazza1988 wrote:Anyone seen Bury's goals from yesterday? Absolutely outrageous. Going for goal of the season in one game.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -stevenage
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:49 am

All this talk in Vale's interviews about a clear cut penalty, I can't say I took a sharp intake of breath and thinking we were lucky to get away with that - am I missing something?

All I saw with Pope is a very ineffective, in the face of the ref at every opportunity, bang average player - maybe he should concentrate on playing football?

Having said that our defence is awesome, they probably just snuffed out any threat from him.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:53 am

pemill wrote:All this talk in Vale's interviews about a clear cut penalty, I can't say I took a sharp intake of breath and thinking we were lucky to get away with that - am I missing something?

All I saw with Pope is a very ineffective, in the face of the ref at every opportunity, bang average player - maybe he should concentrate on playing football?

Having said that our defence is awesome, they probably just snuffed out any threat from him.

Absolutely. You can see why he’s a threat but Pearce & Preston handled him brilliantly. He had no service which makes his job even harder. Within the first 10 minutes he’d chucked himself on the floor twice.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:00 am

MTFCMAD wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:We have to drop Davies and put in Rose with Graham.

No Walker. Are you sure about that ?

Beat me to it.

Walker & Rose up top all day long. Graham must be close to a start though, he has to on Tuesday.

Would rather play a brown paper bag than Rose at the minute. Lads done three things that second half one was get caught offside when CJ wasn’t. One was get gifted a near open goal and fail to score the other was get put through one on one fail to square to graham for a open goal and try and shoot near post.

Agreed re Rose. My point was more that Walker should be playing. Not Davies & Graham up tops

Frustration for Danny at the minute, not starting and not scoring. As annoying as it was seeing him not square it to Graham I can fully understand why he didn’t.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:27 am

oldweststander wrote:Poor old Rosey, they don't make barn doors big enough for him to hit at present.

Sure he will come good.

No he won't, he's one of the most overrated players in MTFC history. He's 25 in a couple of weeks this is his prime and for us he has a 1 in 3.34 scoring rate, and just under a 1 in 4 career average.

The miss yesterday, with the keeper laying on the floor, is the worst I have seen in many, many a long time.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:40 am

The first thing about Rose is that over the season he will get you goals - at least 15 of them. So whilst he's going through a tough patch and not scoring, the team are still progressing - which will make his goals, when they surely come, more important than being the gloss on a win.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:47 am

Some are only happy when slagging off someone at the club, be it a player, a manager and even, unbelievably, the owner. I feel sorry for them.

Rose needs a goal, Davies needs match fitness, that's all.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:54 am

Rob wrote:Some are only happy when slagging off someone at the club, be it a player, a manager and even, unbelievably, the owner. I feel sorry for them.

Careful, Rob. you’ll get accused of being a “Happy Clapper” :)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:57 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Rob wrote:Some are only happy when slagging off someone at the club, be it a player, a manager and even, unbelievably, the owner. I feel sorry for them.

I dont know how you can be anything other than a 'happy clapper' now, in general as far as the club is concerned. We are just about at the best point in my 40 years supporting. So put me down as one.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:19 am

I'm very happy at the mo Mark but wouldn't pay Rose in washers. Its no secret that before the start of LAST season I thought he wasn't good enough, he certainly confounds that opinion.

I don't think Flitters fancies him as a striker as his all round game and touch is too poor for the total football he wants, the sooner he's gone would suit all parties in my opinion but who watching him at the mo would want him?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:22 am

Big yella wrote:
oldweststander wrote:Poor old Rosey, they don't make barn doors big enough for him to hit at present.

Sure he will come good.

No he won't, he's one of the most overrated players in MTFC history. He's 25 in a couple of weeks this is his prime and for us he has a 1 in 3.34 scoring rate, and just under a 1 in 4 career average.

The miss yesterday, with the keeper laying on the floor, is the worst I have seen in many, many a long time.

The keeper had got to his feet just as Danny got to the ball, hardly laying on the floor. Danny had to try to go round him. he couldn't go through him. But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of your scraps of criticism.

I'd rather be a happy clapper than a misery monger all day long. Danny needs a goal to get the goal train started. Give him time.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:25 am

gazza1988 wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Sure he will come good.

The keeper had got to his feet just as Danny got to the ball, hardly laying on the floor. Danny had to try to go round him. he couldn't go through him. But hey, lets not let facts get in the way of your scraps of criticism.

I'd rather be a happy clapper than a misery monger all day long. Danny needs a goal to get the goal train started. Give him time.

You may be right Gazza but he'd pushed the ball to the side of him, then was like a sloth on a scooter to get to it to slot home, dress it up all you like it was very poor
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:30 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Sure he will come good.

You may be right Gazza but he'd pushed the ball to the side of him, then was like a sloth on a scooter to get to it to slot home, dress it up all you like it was very poor

He should have scored, he'll know that, but don't forget it was a chance he created by chasing down a ball many wouldn't have bothered with. The Walker miss was worse, no keeper to beat at all and ballooned it over the bar, it happens.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:35 am

Rob wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Sure he will come good.

He should have scored, he'll know that, but don't forget it was a chance he created by chasing down a ball many wouldn't have bothered with. The Walker miss was worse, no keeper to beat at all and ballooned it over the bar, it happens.

Can't fault his work rate Rob, Fraser McLachlan also worked hard :D ;)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:54 am

Big yella wrote:

Sure he will come good.

Nearly as bad as Walker's miss from
1 yard !
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:03 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

I dont know how you can be anything other than a 'happy clapper' now, in general as far as the club is concerned. We are just about at the best point in my 40 years supporting. So put me down as one.

Welcome to the club mate. Feel free to join, everone - no subscription required.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Walkers miss was unlucky, he fired towards goal and the keeper was in the one position he could be to stop it.

With Davies it seems more like lack of desire to get really work hard and get stuck in, rather than lack of fitness. Although he doesn't seem fit either. Unlike Rose, Davies just isn't prepared to jump and maybe get hurt.

Walker and Rose all day for me.

I thought Pope was as expected. A real handful and you can see he's a good target man. We handled him very well. If we had a front 3 of Pope, Walker ans CJ we'd be unstoppable.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Jamie wrote:Walkers miss was unlucky, he fired towards goal and the keeper was in the one position he could be to stop it.

With Davies it seems more like lack of desire to get really work hard and get stuck in, rather than lack of fitness. Although he doesn't seem fit either. Unlike Rose, Davies just isn't prepared to jump and maybe get hurt.

Walker and Rose all day for me.

I thought Pope was as expected. A real handful and you can see he's a good target man. We handled him very well. If we had a front 3 of Pope, Walker ans CJ we'd be unstoppable.

Give over he shouldn't of given the Keeper a chance. I like Rose but if he had started against that defence they would of bullied him all game, as much as Davies is off form he brings a bigger physical presence and yes Davies didn't get much joy either.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tre Cool » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:22 pm

I don't know why Rose didn't carry on his momentum towards the corner of the pitch & round the keeper on his right hand side - Instead he dragged the ball back and tried to aim for the centre of the goal which in that split-second allowed the keeper to correct himself and stop the shot.
Tre Cool
First Team
First Team

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:39 am

[quote="Tre Cool"]I don't know why Rose didn't carry on his momentum towards the corner of the pitch & round the keeper on his right hand side - Instead he dragged the ball back and tried to aim for the centre of the goal which in that split-second allowed the keeper to correct himself and stop the shot.[/quote]

Exactly Good Post Tee.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:38 am

Walker scoring goals recently so lets move onto a new target. Boring
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:55 am

:)