{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts County tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Notts County tickets

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 am

Are the club missing a trick not putting the remaining available tickets online?

Everywhere directs you to stagstickets but only 2 tickets remain.
Surely the message via social media needs to be there's plenty of tickets available just get to the ground to purchase.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:42 am

Stags 2002 wrote:Are the club missing a trick not putting the remaining available tickets online?

Surely the message via social media needs to be there's plenty of tickets available just get to the ground to purchase.

This, this and this!
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:43 am

It's a joke that only two tickets remain online. That site needs sorting out.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:49 am

The ticket systems a joke. Never known a club hold so many blocks back just to appease capacity restrictions. Have we ever had an explanation from the club as to why they operate like this.

Still not as dumb as putting a family section in between the home and away Support though lol.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:58 am

That's the thing, Sir John, tickets aren't available online, as the club are holding blocks back, which will no doubt be available to buy at the ground.

HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:59 am

Hopefully thats JR reading stagsnet ;)

At least he's said to get to the ground.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:02 am

It’s regrettable that once again the club have messed up the ticketing arrangements for a bigger than normal.

As said midweek, it’s always a farce and a circus from the club ticketing operation, and once again this has occurred. Slightly concerning they don’t learn from the same simple and obvious mistakes
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby lancer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:17 am

The game isnt classed as all ticket ( meaning you can purchase tickets on the day) therefore by FA rules you have to make 10% of your ticket sales available on the day (for stags this is approximately 900)
Time after time we have made a game all ticket only to get under 7000, and lots of complaints about not being able to buy tickets on the day.
These tickets have been available to buy for weeks, yet the day before the game people are moaning about not being able to get tickets online.
Not being able to organise yourselves isnt the clubs fault.
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby Bradders » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:21 am

Stags 2002 wrote:Are the club missing a trick not putting the remaining available tickets online?

I've seen posts on social media suggesting that the game is pretty much sold out, so I imagine that there will be people who'll now be giving the game a miss as they weren't able to get tickets in advance.
Although those in the know might be able to figure out that there's some availability today (is there?), if you have to travel some distance I expect that you'd err on the side of caution and not bother taking the risk.
It's no good saying that you should organise yourself days in advance. For some people that's not an option, and for others they just don't want to.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:28 am

lancer wrote:The game isnt classed as all ticket ( meaning you can purchase tickets on the day) therefore by FA rules you have to make 10% of your ticket sales available on the day (for stags this is approximately 900)
Time after time we have made a game all ticket only to get under 7000, and lots of complaints about not being able to buy tickets on the day.
These tickets have been available to buy for weeks, yet the day before the game people are moaning about not being able to get tickets online.

Lancer, the point is that there is still around 1200 tickets left to buy but according to the online ticket systems there’s only 2 tickets.

The fair weather fans are going to see the messages from the club regarding buy tickets on the online and then see there’s only two tickets left and then won’t even bother.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby lancer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:30 am

If the capacity is about 9000 then take away 1600 away fans then its approximately 10% of 7400 home = 740 tickets available to buy on the day
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:32 am

lancer wrote:The game isnt classed as all ticket ( meaning you can purchase tickets on the day) therefore by FA rules you have to make 10% of your ticket sales available on the day (for stags this is approximately 900)

Lancer I think you miss the point, its about maximising the attendance.

The general floating fan who doesn't look at stagsnet may have woken up today and thought I'll go to the game. They then get directed to stagstickets by all media channels to find two single tickets available.

Their thoughts after seeing this guess i'll give it a miss then as its a sell out.

How can we grow the fan base if we can't make it easy for anyone to attend a game when tickets are knowingly available but only by those who have already purchased / close to the club?
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby lancer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:33 am

MTFCMAD wrote:

Lancer, the point is that there is still around 1200 tickets left to buy but according to the online ticket systems there’s only 2 tickets.

The fair weather fans are going to see the messages from the club regarding buy tickets on the online and then see there’s only two tickets left and then won’t even bother.

To be fair most "fair weather" fans wont go through the process of registering themselve online, and are more likely pay on the day anyway.
I agree there should be a social media announcement on how many tickets are available to purchase on the day.
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:41 pm

Hundred percent this. People aren’t happy unless they’ve got something to schimpf about
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:14 pm

A recent question was asked of the Lincoln game, ‘Is it a derby?’

Today answered that in respect of Notts County and ourselves. No.

Simply put, if you can’t sell your allocation when playing the side nearest to you geographically then you can’t class it as a derby.

When we take at least 4000 there, for a game that is not or never will be our local derby (No apologies but the Spirites are our Derby and always will be), Cone Head will be thankful for the money only. This game is not a derby in the true sense of the meaning it is just a game that is easy to get to.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:19 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:A recent question was asked of the Lincoln game, ‘Is it a derby?’

Simply put, if you can’t sell your allocation when playing the side nearest to you geographically then you can’t class it as a derby.

When we take at least 4000 there, for a game that is not or never will be our local derby (No apologies but the Spirites are our Derby and always will be), Cone Head will be thankful for the money only. This game is not a derby in the true sense of the meaning it is just a game that is easy to get to.

I don't agree, it is a derby, just not as fierce as the Spireite game.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Rob wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:A recent question was asked of the Lincoln game, ‘Is it a derby?’

Rob, the fact that this game lacks the passion, ferocity and sheer importance to both sides (as exemplified by the lack of numbers of County fans) shows that this will never be our Derby. It is a local game.

Or another way, ask Carl Gabbitas before he leaves, which is the cheaper and easier to police???
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:20 pm

County is a derby, but very much second fiddle to chesterfield.

There’s genuine hatred to chesterfield, shown when Dennis came on, his chesterfield connects evoked a response from the Mansfield fans far greater than anything county had done.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:28 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Rob wrote:

Rob, the fact that this game lacks the passion, ferocity and sheer importance to both sides (as exemplified by the lack of numbers of County fans) shows that this will never be our Derby. It is a local game.

Or another way, ask Carl Gabbitas before he leaves, which is the cheaper and easier to police???

No 1 derby is Cheaterfield, no doubt, but Nottm County is also a derby, but just not as important. I think the miners strike elevated the Spireite game to what it is now, much of which I actually don't like.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:46 am

I'd have to disagree with the miners strike about the rivalry.
It was way before any of that I remember going 40 years ago and it was worse than now.
The strike was just another excuse for hatred and wanting to win more.
Not all stags fans crossed the line..
I didn't because I didn't work down there but hated them so much.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:28 am

chip63 wrote:I'd have to disagree with the miners strike about the rivalry.
It was way before any of that I remember going 40 years ago and it was worse than now.
The strike was just another excuse for hatred and wanting to win more.
Not all stags fans crossed the line..
I didn't because I didn't work down there but hated them so much.

Agreed it's always been a fierce rivalry , long before the miners strike .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 am

When we play the sheep molesters, it means everything to beat them.

When we play the pensioners, it’s just a game where I want us to get the points. They’re not important.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:46 am

I think the Nottm County derby lacks the edge of the Chesterfield derby in part because we've been so dominant for the last 20 years that each time we beat them it become more routine.

Between 1971 & 2002 the boot was very much on the other foot andduring that dismal run I remeber hating Notts every bit as much as I hated Chesterfield. That 3-2 win to break the hoodoo was like a ton weight being lifted of our backs.

The other thing too is that County's fans are a bit of a joke whereas the sheep can be a little dangerous if they corner you.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby steve-hymas » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:08 am

As lancer quite rightly says they have been on sale for weeks .
Our ticketing system ain’t the best but here’s a novel idea.why not use that square thing stuck to your ear and ring up .
Or here’s another idea ..turn up at the game and buy one 8-)
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:12 am

steve-hymas wrote:As lancer quite rightly says they have been on sale for weeks .
Our ticketing system ain’t the best but here’s a novel idea.why not use that square thing stuck to your ear and ring up .
Or here’s another idea ..turn up at the game and buy one 8-)

I'm sure they'd turn up if all the clubs adverising didn't point them at the online ticketing by default Steve. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum